The Pet kraken is a pet dropped by the Kraken. It is a much smaller version of the Cave kraken.
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a red message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed.
However, if a player receives a pet while having a follower out (for example, a cat), it will be placed into their inventory. When this occurs, the message in the chatbox will instead state You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack. If a players inventory is full and they have a follower already, they will not receive the pet.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds before disappearing completely.
Players can pay a one-time fee of 500,000 coins to Probita in East Ardougne to have this pet insured. Should the pet be lost while insured, it can be reclaimed for 1,000,000 coins.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- Player: What's Kraken?
- Kraken: Not heard that one before.
- Player: How are you actually walking on land?
- Kraken: We have another leg, just below the center of our body that we use to move across solid surfaces.
- Player: That's.... interesting.
- (End of dialogue)
This dialogue is only triggered when the Kraken is battling another pet in the arena in the Menagerie.
- Kraken: *splash*
- Kraken: Glug glug glug!
- Kraken: Slosh!
- Kraken: Splishy splishy!
- The pet kraken, alongside the pet chaos elemental, are the only pets that can be taken underwater.
- Beginning with the 2016 Christmas event, the Kraken, along with its pet counterpart, can be seen wearing a Santa hat throughout the duration of the Christmas events.
- It is currently the most owned boss pet by players, with 66,139 players having obtained one as of 21 February 2020.