|Released||2 November 2004 (Update)|
|Quest item||The Fremennik Trials|
|Examine||The lowest maintenance pet you will ever have.|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
Rocks can usually find their own food, and don't often need attention, so rocks are a good choice for a pet. The pet rock is held in both hands, although it cannot be used as a weapon; unarmed attacks are instead used while the pet rock is equipped. The pet rock does not confer any stat bonuses or penalties.
Uses[edit | edit source]
Unlike most pets, the pet rock will not follow the player when it is dropped, possibly due to the rock's shy nature. Because of this, it can be used to substitute a player while attempting to open the two-man doors in the Waterbirth Island Dungeon. To get further into the dungeon, a partner has to destroy the door-support from the other side of the ladder, although a special attack of a rune thrownaxe can do this instead.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
You try and feed the rock.
Your rock doesn't seem hungry.
You stroke your pet rock.
Your rock seems much happier.
"Who's a good rock then? Yes you are... You're such a good rock... ooga booga googa."
Your rock seems a little happier.
Want to fetch the stick, rock? Of course you do...
(Player puts the rock down and throws a stick which lands anywhere but forward. The rock will not move anywhere, because rocks naturally don't enjoy playing fetch. Player shrugs and picks the rock back up.)
"Be a good rock..."
(Player sets the rock down, and stand up for a few seconds. Then the player picks the rock up, and pets it.)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The pet rock's usage in the quest is based on a real-life folk story called Stone Soup.
- The player character has unique idle animations when they are wielding a pet rock.
- During the 2018 Christmas Holiday event the pet rock took on a unique look with a Rainbow partyhat.
- While a pet rock is dropped on a Waterbirth Island door switch, its examine text becomes "It's nice to be useful for a change."
- During The Fremennik Exiles quest, your pet rock will refuse to interact with you due to you having been exiled.