Pet smoke devil
|Release date||27 September 2018 (Update)|
|Race||Thermonuclear smoke devil|
|Source||Thermonuclear smoke devil|
The Pet smoke devil is a pet dropped by the Thermonuclear smoke devil. It is a much smaller version of the smoke devil. Players can right click "Metamorphosis" to change between the regular smoke devil and the thermonuclear smoke devil.
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a red message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed.
However, if a player receives a pet while having a follower out (for example, a cat), it will be placed into their inventory. When this occurs, the message in the chatbox will instead state You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack. If a players inventory is full and they have a follower already, they will not receive the pet.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds before disappearing completely.
Dropping monsters[edit | edit source]
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Thermonuclear smoke devil 301 1 Very rare (1/3,000)
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon release, the pet smoke devil appeared as a smaller smoke devil. It was graphically updated in an update on 27 September 2018 after passing the poll Old School Content Poll #60: Portal Nexus and More!, and was given a Metamorphosis option to switch between its old and new appearance.
- After the graphical update of the thermonuclear smoke devil, the dialogue with the pet was no longer accurate. This was changed in an update on 4 October 2018. The former dialogue is as follows:
- Player: Your kind comes in three different sizes?
- Smoke Devil: Four, actually.
- Player: Wow. Whoever created you wasn't very creative. You're just resized versions of one another!