|Released||17 July 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||50,000 coins|
|Low alch||33,333 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange||7,003,733 coins (info)|
|This sceptre has no remaining charges.|
Teleports[edit | edit source]
The Pharaoh's sceptre has three charges that can be used to teleport to the desert pyramids. Each teleport uses one charge from the sceptre.
- Jalsavrah - Inside the starting room (with the guardian mummy) of the Pyramid Plunder pyramid in Sophanem.
- Jaleustrophos - The Agility Pyramid north-east of Sophanem.
- Jaldraocht - Azzanadra's pyramid in Desert Treasure.
The teleport function of the sceptre works up to level 30 in the Wilderness.
Recharging[edit | edit source]
To recharge the sceptre, the player must talk to the guardian mummy inside the Pyramid Plunder pyramid, and give it either 6 gold artefacts, 12 stone artefacts, or 24 pottery/ivory artefacts to recharge it to its maximum number of charges. The mummy will complain about the player owning it but will recharge it anyway. It is recommended that when a player has used all but one of the sceptre's charges, the last charge should be used to teleport to Pyramid Plunder for this reason.
Players who complete the Desert Diary can have the sceptre hold more charges, up to eight with full completion.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Pharaoh's sceptres are rarely received from the golden chests and sacrophagi during the Pyramid Plunder minigame. The chance of receiving a Pharaoh's sceptre is 1/1,000, regardless of room, upon a successful theft from a grand gold chest or sarcophagus (meaning no scarabs or mummies appear). Assuming a player can loot 8 golden chests and 8 sarcophagi per run (5 minutes), it should take an average of 5 hours and 15 minutes to obtain.
After a player finds a sceptre, they will immediately be kicked from the pyramid by the guardian mummy. If the player had no free inventory space when they found the sceptre, it will appear on the ground under them when they are outside the pyramid.
Unlike most items, the sceptre disappears after 30 seconds if it is dropped to the ground after receiving it, so players should be careful to pick it up quickly.
Other uses[edit | edit source]
Stats[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If the player talks to Simon Templeton while holding a sceptre, he will try to convince them that it is worthless and will offer 100 coins for it, which the player refuses.
- When someone else in the pyramid finds a sceptre, an annoyed guardian mummy appears in some rooms next to the golden chest noting that someone has stolen it.