The Phoenix is a pet that can be received from opening a supply crate, which is obtained by subduing the Wintertodt with at least 500 points. It is a smaller version of the Desert Phoenix.
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a red message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed.
However, if a player receives a pet while having a follower out (for example, a cat), it will be placed into their inventory. When this occurs, the message in the chatbox will instead state You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds before disappearing completely.
Players can pay a one-time fee of 500,000 coins to Probita in East Ardougne to have this pet insured. Should the pet be lost while insured, it can be reclaimed for 1,000,000 coins.
The base drop rate for the phoenix is 1/5,000 per roll. Because each supply crate gives a minimum of two independent rolls, the chance is effectively 1 - (4,999/5,000)2 = 9,999 / 25,000,000 or approximately % 0.039996.
However, for each extra 500 points gained after the first 500, players earn an additional roll on the drop table. For example, a player that gains 4,500 points will have a 1 - (4,999/5,000)10 = 0.2% (approximate) chance of obtaining a phoenix from the supply crate (Two rolls from the first 500, and another 8 from the additional 4,000 points).
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
- As the supply crate can be opened anywhere, it is possible to obtain a phoenix pet while in underwater areas such as the Mogre Camp and Fossil Island's underwater area.
- The Phoenix's dialogue makes several references to pop culture:
- The first and second dialogues are references to Solaire of Astora of Dark Souls.
- The "long night" mentioned in the first dialogue may be a reference to A Song of Ice and Fire.
- The Sacred Ash mentioned in the fourth dialogue could be a reference to Pokémon, where Sacred Ash is an item associated with the Legendary Pokémon Ho-Oh, who is based off of a phoenix. It is more likely that it just shares a common characteristic of mythical phoenixes of dying and being reborn from ash.
- Also in the fourth dialogue, the player's confusion about the sky is a reference to RuneScape not having a skybox.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ed's Twitter account. 21 Sep 2016. (Archived from the original on 25 Mar 2019.) Mod Ed: "Wintertodt drop rates have now been announced: Dragon Axe: 1/10000 Pet: 1/5000 Tome: 1/1000 Gloves: 1/150 Torch: 1/150 Outfit: 1/150"