Pickaxes, often abbreviated to picks, are tools used to mine any type of ore or otherwise mineable items, and some types of blockages in Gielinor. Pickaxes can either be held in the inventory or wielded; but, to wield a pickaxe, the wielder's Attack level must be high enough. Wielding the pickaxe provides extra space in the inventory. This is useful when mining for a profit, as one extra ore can be held.
Higher level pickaxes grant more frequent opportunities to obtain an ore from a rock, but have no effect upon the chance of successfully doing so.
Pickaxes cannot be made by players. They can be bought from Nurmof's Pickaxe Shop, Yarsul's Prodigious Pickaxes and Pickaxe-Is-Mine.
- ↑ 3 ticks by default, 1/6 chance to be 2 ticks.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 3 ticks by default, 1/6 chance to be 2 ticks.
- ↑ Also requires 85 Smithing to use.
- ↑ Also requires 50 Agility to use.
- ↑ 3 ticks by default, 1/4 chance to be 2 ticks.
- In the early days of RuneScape Classic, there was only one type of pickaxe available, named simply Pickaxe. It resembled a steel pickaxe and could not be equipped. When different types of pickaxes were released in May 2003, all pickaxes in the bank became the bronze pickaxes that are commonly found today.
- Broken pickaxes, before being removed after an update, were able to be wielded. But once unequipped, they could no longer be equipped by the player. They possessed the same bonuses as their unbroken counterparts.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 28 October 2019. (Archived from the original on 16 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "Your level affects the chance of getting ore each time the game rolls; your pickaxe affects how often that happens."