|Pirate's Treasure (#16)|
|Release date||11 June 2001 (Update)|
Redbeard Frank knows the location of pirate treasure, but he'll only part with the knowledge for a bottle of Karamja rum.
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||The northernmost dock at Port Sarim, just south of the pub.|
|Description||Redbeard Frank knows the location of pirate treasure, but he'll only part with the knowledge for a bottle of Karamja rum.|
|Enemies to defeat||Gardener (level 4)|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Captain Redbeard[edit | edit source]
Items required: 30 coins.
Talk to Redbeard Frank (located on the northernmost Port Sarim dock). He wants you to get some Karamja rum before he'll tell you the location of the treasure. If you have already completed the quest Rum Deal, your character will ask Redbeard Frank if Braindead Rum will work.
The island of Karamja[edit | edit source]
Once on Karamja, make your way west towards the Karamja Wines, Spirits, and Beers bar. This is depicted by a beer glass on the minimap. Walk inside and trade with the bartender Zambo. Buy one Karamjan rum for 30 coins.
Note: Do not leave the island with the rum in your inventory. If you do, the officers will take your rum away, as Asgarnia has banned the import of intoxicating spirits. If you try to teleport off the island, the bottle will break.
Walk to the hut east of the banana plantation and speak to Luthas. Ask for a job, and he will hire you as his worker. If you mention the customs officer, he says that his crates are not searched. Agree to help him. Enter the banana plantation beside his house and pick 10 bananas from the trees. Note: Picking 5 bananas is an easy Karamja Diary task.
Use your rum on the crate east of the hut to hide it. If you get a message saying "Why would I want to do that?" try relogging, then try again. Next, fill the crate with bananas. You can use the "Fill-Crate" option to expedite this process. Once the crate is full, talk to Luthas. He will pay you 30 coins, which you need to pay the fare back to Port Sarim. Ask him where the crate goes, and he will tell you they go to a person named Wydin, who owns the food store in Port Sarim. Pay the fare back to Port Sarim.
Back at Port Sarim[edit | edit source]
Talk to Wydin in the food store, south of the fishing shop, and ask for a job. He will agree if you have your white apron equipped. Enter the back room and search the crate with a banana on top of it. You will find the rum (Do not teleport with it in your inventory.) Take it and give it to Redbeard Frank.
Frank will give you a key to a chest that is upstairs in the Blue Moon Inn in Varrock. Travel or teleport to Varrock. The Blue Moon Inn is denoted by the beer glass on the minimap and is located northeast of the southern entrance. Go upstairs in the bar and find a chest in the room to the west. Use the key on the chest to find a pirate message. It will give you a clue to the treasure's location. Be sure to read the clue. Travel or teleport to Falador.
Buried treasure[edit | edit source]
If you do not have a spade, one may be found in the estate agency south of the Falador Park. Once you have a spade, go north to the Falador park.
There is a statue of Saradomin in the middle of the park. Notice the configuration of the dirt, which vaguely makes an X. Stand in the middle of the dirt "X" and dig.
A gardener will appear and attack you. Kill him, or run out of the park, and dig again in the same spot to get a casket and complete the quest.
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest Quest points
- Ability to use the pay-fare option to and from Karamja.
- Access to One-Eyed Hector's Treasure Chest (contains a gold ring, an emerald, and 450 coins).
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When using the Casket received as a reward for completing the quest on Redbeard Frank, the player's character offers to share the treasure with him, but he refuses and insists that the player should keep all of it for their own as they have earned it.
- When the quest was first released, the Karamja rum was tradeable and the bottles would not break if players tried to teleport. Some players simply bought a whole load of rum and sold it to players doing the quest, allowing them to skip a large part of it. When this was posted on fan forums, a Jagex developer saw it and the problem was soon corrected.
- If you have completed Rum Deal prior to starting this quest, you will ask Redbeard Frank if "Braindead Rum" will do. This is a reference to the rum you brewed during this quest.
- If you are wearing the Ring of charos(a), you can charm the customs officer to let you return to Port Sarim for free.
- If you give Redbeard Frank a Karamja rum with a sliced banana on it, he will first take it, and give it back when talked to again, stating that he doesn't likes bananas on his rum.