|Plague City (#35)|
|Released||27 August 2002 (Update)|
|Lead developer(s)||Paul Gower, Tom W|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Edmond, living next to the wall surrounding East Ardougne, north of the castle.|
|Description||The western part of Ardougne has been shut off as a deadly plague sweeps through the people. However, a young woman who went in to try to help those stricken by the illness has disappeared and her parents have become worried.|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Gathering the items[edit | edit source]
- Dwellberries spawn in McGrubor's Wood west of Seers' Village. You can get in by squeezing through a loose railing on the north side, using the Fairy Ring coordinates ALS, or you can get the berries via Telegrab. Additionally, you can buy dwellberries from Heckel Funch in the Tree Gnome Stronghold on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the Grand Tree on the east side or even grow them yourself with level 36 Farming.
- Rope can easily be bought in the general store in Ardougne for 23 coins, or from Ned in Draynor Village for 18. It also spawns in the Karamja general store, and on the Fishing Platform east of Witchaven.
- A bucket and a water source can be found behind Edmond's house.
- Milk can be obtained by using a bucket on a dairy cow. There are dairy cows on a farm near the north entrance to Ardougne, southeast of the sheep and east of the wheat.
- The fastest way to obtain the chocolate dust is to buy a chocolate bar from a baker in East Ardougne and grind it with a pestle and mortar or cut it with a knife. Chocolate bars can also be bought from Heckel Funch on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the Tree Gnome Stronghold, as well as in Yanille and Port Sarim.
- Snape grass is most easily obtained on the small peninsula behind the Crafting Guild or northeast of the Hosidius vinery.
Starting the quest[edit | edit source]
Once you talk to Edmond, he'll tell you to talk to his wife about getting some sort of protection against the plague. His wife, Alrena, is just inside the house (or wandering outside), and she'll tell you she can make a gas mask if you get her some dwellberries. Give her the berries, and she'll give you a mask. If you need a spare, there will be one in the cupboard. Also, make sure you take the picture of Elena from inside the house while you're there.
Talk to Edmond again, and he'll tell you about his plan to dig under the wall and get into West Ardougne. First, you'll need to soften the ground. Use your buckets of water on the mud patch behind his house (between the cabbages and potatoes). You can use one bucket, but you'll have to keep refilling it with the sink inside. Then use the spade on the softened ground.
You'll fall under and find Edmond there as well. Walk south, and you'll find a pipe blocked by bars. After pulling it to no avail, just use a rope on the pipe, and talk to Edmond to pull the grate off. Put on your gas mask and climb inside to go into West Ardougne.
Finding Elena[edit | edit source]
Items required: Elena's picture.
Once inside West Ardougne, talk to Jethick. He's standing a few paces to the east. Show him Elena's picture. He'll tell you to go check the Rehnison house and give you a book that he borrowed from them. Head to the house sitting right up against the edge of the North Wall, as shown on the map. The grey planks of the building set it apart. They'll let you in when you mention you have the book. Once inside, talk to Martha or Ted Rehnison, and then go upstairs and talk to the daughter of the household, Milli, who'll tell you more about Elena's whereabouts. Head back out of the house and south of the town square to find the house the girl told you about. You'll recognise it because of a big black "X" on the doors. The house is also marked with a black box on the map. Attempt to open the doors; the Mourners won't let you in because it's been hit hard by the plague. Tell them that you're looking for a kidnapped girl, and they'll tell you you need permission from Bravek to enter the house.
Getting inside[edit | edit source]
Go back to the town square and go into the large building just north of the manhole. Ask the clerk, who is through the door, then tell him you're there for something very important (Say, "This is urgent though!"), and he'll let you inside to see Bravek. He can hardly talk to you, though, as he's badly hung over. He'll give you a tatty piece of paper with a recipe for a hangover cure. To make it, put the chocolate dust into the bucket of milk, and add snape grass (be sure to use the snape grass on the chocolatey milk or else you'll drink it). Give the concoction to him, and tell him that the mourners won't listen to you. After, he'll give you a warrant that grants the permission you need to go search for Elena in the plague house. Head back to the house, and try to enter again. The Mourners will try to stop you, but when given the warrant from Bravek they'll be rather at a loss, giving you a chance to sneak inside. Once inside, search the barrel to the west[?] of the staircase to find a small key. Elena is downstairs. Go downstairs and unlock the door with the key you just found, and release the grateful girl.
Head back to the garden where you started and talk to Edmond to finish the quest.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 2,425 Mining experience
- Ardougne teleport scroll, letting you use the Ardougne Teleport if your Magic level is 51 or above. After you read it, you'll memorise the spell. Usage of an Ardougne teletab also requires the completion of this quest.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of Plague City is required for the following: