Poison ivy seed
|Poison ivy seed|
|Released||6 June 2005 (Update)|
|Examine||A poison ivy bush seed - plant in a bush patch.|
|High alch||99 coins|
|Low alch||66 coins|
|Exchange||18 coins (info)|
Poison ivy seeds are seeds that can be grown with level 70 Farming. They are planted in bush patches. These grow in two hours and forty minutes, yielding 674 experience from checking the health, and 45 experience per berry picked.
There is no need to pay a farmer to watch a poison ivy bush grow because "it is pretty hardy stuff, and most animals will avoid eating it." For this reason, poison ivy bushes will never become diseased. A poison ivy bush yields a minimum of 4 poison ivy berries, where the Farming level reduces the chance of using up one of the three "lives" of the patch, much like harvesting herb patches. Once all berries are picked from the bush, it will produce more berries, approximately 1 per 20 minutes.
Growing a poison ivy bush is part of the hard tasks from the Ardougne Diary.
You can grow poison ivy berries in the following locations:
- Champions' Guild
- Outside the Ardougne Monastery, south of East Ardougne (you can teleport there directly using the Ardougne cloak teleport)
- Farming Guild
Farmers require eight poison ivy berries to watch over your growing Calquat Tree.
Farming info[edit | edit source]
|Poison Ivy bush|
|Payment||N/A (immune to disease)|
|Growth time||160 minutes (8x20 min)|
|Yield||4 or more (Depends on farming level)|
|Seed||Poison ivy seed|
|Plant||Poison Ivy bush|
|Crop||Poison ivy berries|
|Planting XP||120 xp|
|Checking XP||675 xp|
|Harvesting XP||45 xp|
Item sources[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|11 July 2005
The item's examine was changed from "Farming skill coming in July!" to "A poison ivy bush seed - plant in a bush patch."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being immune to disease, graphics exist for the diseased and dead states of the plant, which share the same graphics as a Whiteberry seed.
- Like most yield crops, the chance of poison ivy bush to save a harvest life is unknown. It does increase with level, resulting in increased yield at higher levels. Experimental findings approximate around 15-20 berries per bush at with magic secateurs, a farming cape, and level 99 farming. 
References[edit | edit source]
- Mod Kieren. Mod archie really needs to stop paraphrasing questions wrong.. Reddit. 17 December 2015. (Archived from the original on 06 September 2021.) Mod Kieren: "Regardless, if you're 99 farming, your average yield from guam and torstol will be exactly the same. However it is not the same at all levels... Let's say you are level 50 farming, and have an irit plant ready to harvest and a guam plant. The chances come in with whether you lose a life or not each pick of a herb. Your base chance of not losing a life when picking a guam would be roughly 53/255. Your base chance of not losing a life when picking an irit would be roughly 63/255. These chances scale depending on your level, but all peak at the same probability at level 99. These chances are what are affected by diary rewards / secateurs etc."
- Jagex. Mod Easty's Twitter account. 29 March 2019. (Archived from the original on 20 December 2019.) Mod Easty: "Yep that looks correct to me, including your calculation of the magic secateur boost."