|Released||15 February 2005 (Update)|
|Also called||Ghost Town|
|Music||The Other Side|
|Location on World Map|
|Haunted Woods||←||Port Phasmatys||→||Dragontooth Island|
The town is populated by ghosts, and a ghostspeak amulet or Morytania legs 2 is needed to talk to the majority of the inhabitants. The town features heavily in the Ghosts Ahoy quest, and you need to at least start this quest in order to gain access to the town. Entry to the town requires two ecto-tokens or the completion of Ghosts Ahoy for free passage.
The town is especially notable for the Ectofuntus directly north of its gates, and its furnace, which is among the closest to a bank. It is possible to travel to Mos Le'Harmless and Dragontooth Island from the docks, as well as accessing the charter ships.
History[edit | edit source]
Port Phasmatys dates back to the Fourth Age and was founded by human settlers, who had travelled to Morytania, which at that time was not considered more dangerous than other places around Gielinor. Lord Lowerniel Drakan, the ruler of Morytania, took notice of the humans settling in his kingdom and demanded that they paid blood tithes to the vampyres. When the people of Port Phasmatys refused, Lord Drakan began to plot an invasion. Knowing that they had no chances against an army of vampyres the people of Port Phasmatys turned to Necrovarus, a powerful mage from the Eastern Lands. Necrovarus constructed the Ectofuntus and used it to erect a magical barrier around the town. The plan was successful and the vampyres were unable to invade and retreated. The people of the town continued aiding Necrovarus in maintaining the Ectofuntus, but soon consequences began to emerge. When a citizen died they were unable to move on to the afterlife, and their ghosts remained stuck in Port Phasmatys. This was Necrovarus' intention and eventually there were no living inhabitants left, only ghosts and the town fell into disrepair. Lord Drakan gave up trying to take over Port Phasmatys as there was no longer any blood to harvest and as such the town was of no use to the vampyric society. Although Port Phasmatys was mostly abandoned, sailors, traders and pirates still ocassionally visits the town. Any visitors to the town are demanded to pay a tribute to the Ectofuntus.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- The Ectophial reward from Ghosts Ahoy teleports you right to the Ectofuntus.
- Charter ships from various ports with the fee dependent upon starting location. (One must have completed Priest in Peril in order to travel via charter ship to Port Phasmatys.)
- Fairy ring code alq to teleport into the Haunted Woods then running east.
- Using Drakan's medallion to teleport to Ver Sinhaza, then running north to the docks just south of Slepe and taking Andras' boat. The trip from Slepe to Port Phasmatys is free.
- Fenkenstrain's Castle Teleport and then running east.
Notable features[edit | edit source]
Ectofuntus[edit | edit source]
After starting the Ghosts Ahoy quest, you can worship the Ectofuntus to receive 4 times Prayer experience for every bone. It's a bit of effort, walking up and down with buckets and pots, but well worth it for this skill as it is very hard to train. This is even more worthwhile when using expensive dragon bones, famed for giving high amounts of Prayer experience, or better. Completing the quest will help immensely as you can use the Ectophial to teleport back and forth, and bank at the town if needed. Players who have completed various levels of the Morytania Diary will be able to claim slime and bonemeal daily from Robin Hood in exchange for bones, as well as being able to teleport to the slime pit several times a day.
- Collect slime - take empty buckets and enter the trapdoor near the Ectofuntus, and travel down the stairs. There is an Agility shortcut here that will shorten the journey considerably. At the bottom of the stairs is a pool of slime, just use your empty buckets with them.
- Crush bones - take your bones and some empty pots and go up the stairs near the Ectofuntus. Use the bone grinder to grind the bones and collect the contents in the pots.
- Worship the Ectofuntus - you should now have buckets of slime and pots of bonemeal in your inventory. Just click on the Ectofuntus to worship it, and receive your Prayer experience. You will need to talk to the disciples when the Ectofuntus is full to receive some ecto-tokens. You can then worship again.
- Buckets of slime can be purchased from the traders located on various docks around Runescape.
- Many players use amulets of glory or rings of dueling to teleport to a bank as it is faster than running to the bank in Port Phasmatys. A ghostspeak amulet will still be needed to talk to the disciples.
Bank[edit | edit source]
There is a bank in Port Phasmatys to the south-east, serviced by ghost bankers. Trying to use the bank without a ghostspeak amulet will always yield a message that, despite of the bankers' inability to talk to the player, they understand that the player wishes to use the bank after a "series of hand gestures." After the player dismisses the message, they can use the bank. This message does not appear if the player has the ghostspeak amulet equipped, so it is recommended that they equip it when using the bank so as to save a few seconds.
Ecto-tokens[edit | edit source]
Many of the ghosts require payment in ecto-tokens, which is the currency of the town, though the shop still uses coins. See the Ectofuntus guide above or the Ghosts Ahoy quest for a guide to obtaining ecto-tokens. Players will also need 20 ecto-tokens during Animal Magnetism.
Furnace[edit | edit source]
- Shilo Village is around the same distance, but trickier to use, because you have to pay to enter the furnace.
Brewery[edit | edit source]
There is a brewery in the basement of the inn in Port Phasmatys that is used in the Cooking, and is one of two breweries in the game, the other being in Keldagrim. You may buy ale yeast from the brewer there using ecto-tokens.
Shops[edit | edit source]
There is a general store in Port Phasmatys, notable because it stocks far more buckets and pots than any other shop. This is especially useful to players that need to buy the supplies necessary for Ectofuntus.
Cooking[edit | edit source]
Farming[edit | edit source]
There is an allotment, flower and herb patch used in the Farming skill just to the west of the town. Lyra can look after your crops for you here. There is also a farming shop where you can buy the usual items for use in farming.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
Charter ship[edit | edit source]
The charter ships also have a dock in the harbour in Port Phasmatys. It provides rides to several other locations. After completing Cabin Fever, the charter ship fare is reduced by 50%. Wearing the ring of charos(a) also reduces the fare by 50%. These two bonuses can be stacked to reduce the cost to 25%.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|3 December 2015
The one tick delay present when you used bank booths rather than bankers in Port Phasmatys has been removed – on top of this, a bank booth in Port Phasmatys was not giving a message for players not using an amulet of ghostspeak; this has been fixed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Phásma" ("φάσμα") is Ancient Greek for apparition or phantom, referencing the town being inhabited by ghosts.