Port Sarim Jail
|Port Sarim Jail|
|Released||23 September 2001 (Update)|
|Location on World Map|
|Musa Point||←||Port Sarim Jail||→||Wizards' Tower|
Port Sarim Jail is a top security prison located in Port Sarim, commonly referred to as the worst jail in Gielinor. Players can be sent to the jail by Shantay if they twice refused to pay his fine of five coins after declaring to be an outlaw, although players are able to escape quite easily by picking the lock or teleporting out. Picking the lock to get out awards 4 Thieving experience on members' worlds, while not providing any experience on free-to-play worlds.
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Port Sarim Jail is home to many criminals and outlaws, all standing in their cells looking bored, or hopefully rethinking their lives.
Mugger[edit | edit source]
Wormbrain[edit | edit source]
In Dragon Slayer I, players need to speak to Wormbrain to obtain the third map piece needed to sail to Crandor. Players have the choice of paying him 10,000 coins for the map piece or killing him and using the Telekinetic Grab spell (level 33 Magic) to get the map piece he drops.
Pirate[edit | edit source]
The level 23 pirate is found in his cell in the jail, waiting faithfully for the moment when he will rule the seas once again. He is roomed with Cap'n Hand, who used to be part of the "Lost Pirate" Random event.
Black Knight[edit | edit source]
This level 33 Black Knight is identical to his counterparts in the Black Knights' Fortress, yet less fortunate to be found standing in jail. He is good experience for medium-levelled rangers and mages.
Thief[edit | edit source]
Guard[edit | edit source]
On the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US], a sleeping guard can be found. On the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US], the Security guard can be found, providing players with the Security Book when spoken to. On the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US], "carefully watching" over the jail is an unattackable guard who has amusing dialogues when interacted with.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cap'n Hand's name is a parody of Cap'n Hook, the pirate villain from Peter Pan.
- When you talk to the sleeping jail guard, he will talk in his sleep and will say "Guh....Mwww...Zzzzz...," followed by "mmm donuts" then "mmm big pint of beer. kebab" which is most likely a reference to Homer Simpson.
- Even though the prison guard is supposedly asleep, his eyes appear open.
- The bald, masked mugger can be seen hitting the walls as if trying to find an escape route. It sometimes happens when he is in the centre of the room, making him look as if he is angry with someone.
- On Runescape 3, Rick Turpentine can also be found on the same cell as the mugger.
- The Black Knight in this jail still retains the appearance prior to the graphical update the rest got on July 24, 2007 when King's Ransom was released.