A Portal Chamber is a room that can be built in a player-owned house. It requires level 50 Construction and costs 100,000. Within a Portal Chamber, players can use their Magic skill to build portals that they and their guests can use to teleport to various locations around Gielinor.
There are 2 hotspots available:
Centrepiece[edit | edit source]
A focal centrepiece is required for the house owner to direct the portals. The higher level greater teleport focus and scrying pool are mostly for cosmetic purpose only, meaning just a teleport focus will suffice for creating and using all portals. It can be removed after directing portals, to avoid having to walk around it on the way to the portals. The scrying pool can give players a preview of the teleport destination, which may be useful for Deadman mode or teleporting to the wilderness.
|50||Teleport focus||Limestone brick x2||40||368|
|65||Greater teleport focus||Marble block||500||328,777|
|80||Scrying pool||Marble block x4||2,000||1,315,108|
Portals[edit | edit source]
The higher tier version are just cosmetic upgrades.
|Construction Level||Portal frame||Materials||Experience||Cost|
|50||Teak portal||Teak plank x3||270||2,571|
|65||Mahogany portal||Mahogany plank x3||420||6,075|
|80||Marble portal||Marble block x3||1,500||986,331|
Directing a portal[edit | edit source]
The house owner can use the centrepiece to direct portals to a specific teleport destination. The table below shows the possible locations and their costs.
- Using the centrepiece will provide a list of portals numbered 1 to 3. From the doorway facing the centre, portal 1 is on the left wall, portal 2 is on the back wall, and portal 3 is on the right wall.
- Assigning a portal to a teleport destination costs 100 times the runes for that particular teleport spell.
- Directing a portal requires the same Magic level and quest requirements as casting the spell.
- The caster does not need to be on the same spellbook as the teleport spell they are directing. For example, a player can direct a portal to Kharyrll even if they are on the standard spellbook.
- Elemental staves, combination runes, and runes in a rune pouch cannot be used.
- Temporary skill boosts such as wizard mind bombs and magic potions can be used to direct a portal higher than the caster's Magic level.
- Directing a portal grants five times the Magic experience that would be gained from casting the spell once. For example, a Camelot Teleport normally grants 55.5 experience, so directing a portal to Camelot will grant 277.5 experience.
- The house owner does not have to be in building mode to direct a portal.
- If a portal frame or centrepiece is removed, the portals themselves are saved and will return as soon as another portal frame or centrepiece is built in the same place. The runes do not have to be provided again.
|Location||Requirements||Runes||GE Price||Resulting Portal|
|Varrock/Grand Exchange||Magic 25||None||100100300||20,100|
|Camelot/Seers' Village||Magic 45||None||100500||20,600|
|Ardougne||Magic 51||Plague City||200200||37,200|
|Senntisten (Digsite)||Magic 60||Desert Treasure||100200||50,700|
|Marim||Magic 64||Recipe for Disaster||200200200100||44,500|
|Kharyrll (Canifis)||Magic 66||Desert Treasure||100200||66,700|
|Lunar Isle||Magic 69||Lunar Diplomacy||100200200||53,700|
|Kourend Castle||Magic 69||Read transportation incantations||200200500400||69,700|
|Waterbirth Island||Magic 72||Lunar Diplomacy||100200100||53,200|
|Carrallangar (Graveyard of Shadows)||Magic 84||Desert Treasure||200200||65,200|
|Fishing Guild||Magic 85||Lunar Diplomacy||3003001000||111,200|
|Catherby||Magic 87||Lunar Diplomacy||3003001000||111,200|
|Annakarl (Demonic Ruins)||Magic 90||Desert Treasure||200200||97,200|
|Ghorrock (Frozen Waste Plateau)||Magic 96||Desert Treasure||200800||40,200|
|Troll Stronghold||N/A||Making Friends with My Arm||300100 100||98,200|
300 100 100
- Players who have completed the Medium Varrock Diary can change the destination to the Grand Exchange with a right-click option.
- Players who have completed the Hard Kandarin Diary can change the destination to Seers' Village with a right-click option.
- Players who have completed the Hard Ardougne Diary can change the destination to Yanille with a right-click option.
- Bank notes for non-stackable items are accepted.
- Teleports the player to outside the entrance of the Troll Stronghold cave. Players who have completed the Hard Fremennik Diary and who have 73 Agility (boosts work) will be teleported to the roof of the stronghold instead.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Poisoned players who go through a portal will have their poison cured upon arriving at their destination. This is because poison is always cured when leaving a player-owned house, as otherwise a sneaky house owner could poison another player in their combat ring and expel them right before they die in order to try to steal their items.
- With a little patience or luck, players can use a spicy stew to boost their Construction by 5 in order to construct the Portal Chamber with as low as 45 Construction. Then they can use the crystal saw's invisible +3 boost to construct the teleport focus and portals before their boosted level falls below 47.
- Building the same portal twice and switching the destination (e.g. switching Varrock to the Grand Exchange with the medium Varrock diary) on one of them will cause both portals' destinations to switch.