For a list of all items and upgrades within the Construction skill, see Construction/All milestones.
A portal nexus (added in an update on 08 November, 2018) is a room that can be built in a player-owned house. Only one Portal Nexus room can be built in a player-owned house. It requires level 72 Construction and costs 200,000 coins. Within a portal nexus room, players can build a portal nexus that can teleport the player to multiple locations around Gielinor. The cost of adding each teleport to the nexus is 1,000 times the rune cost of that spell.
There are four different hotspots available:
- Portal Nexus
- Amulet (x2)
The lowest level a player can be to build this room is 67 Construction with an orange spicy stew (+5 boost).
Portal nexus[edit | edit source]
The portal nexus can be directed to teleport the player to multiple locations, and are constructed in upgrades: before a higher level portal nexus can be built, you must first build the one before it. The Grand Exchange prices in the table indicate cumulative costs.
|Portal nexus||Level||Materials||Experience||GE price||Teleports available|
|Marble portal nexus||72||4 marble blocks||2,000||1,313,924||4|
|Gilded portal nexus||82||Marble portal nexus, 4 marble blocks, 2 gold leaves||2,600||1,580,838||8|
|Crystalline portal nexus||92||Gilded portal nexus, 2 magic stones, 2 gold leaves||2,600||2,231,682||18|
|Total||8 marble blocks, 4 gold leaves, 2 magic stones||7,200||5,126,444||-|
Adding a teleport[edit | edit source]
The portal nexus, like portals in the Portal Chamber, can add eighteen possible locations, the limit depending on the tier of the portal nexus built. The table below shows the locations and their costs. However, instead of 100 times the runes required, players require 1,000 times the runes required, or 1,000 of the materials required for 1,000 stony basalt if adding a teleport to the Troll Stronghold to the portal nexus.
- You do not need to be on the same spellbook as the teleport spell you are directing (e.g. you can direct a portal to Kharyrll, even if you are using the standard spellbook).
- Elemental staves and combination runes cannot be used.
- Directing a portal requires the same Magic level and possible quest requirement as casting the teleport spell.
- Boosts such as Wizard mind bombs and Magic potions cannot be used to temporarily increase your Magic level.
- You do not have to be in building mode to add a destination.
- If you want to upgrade your portal nexus, you do not have to provide the runes for the teleport destinations again.
|Location||Requirement||Runes||Total exchange price|
|Senntisten (Digsite)||60||Desert Treasure||10002000||553,000|
|Marim (Ape Atoll)||64||Recipe for Disaster||2000200020001000||478,000|
|Kharyrll (Canifis)||66||Desert Treasure||10002000||694,000|
|Lunar Isle||69||Lunar Diplomacy||100020002000||517,000|
|Kourend Castle||69||Read transportation incantations||2000200050004000||745,000|
|Waterbirth Island||72||Lunar Diplomacy||100020001000||512,000|
|Carrallangar (Graveyard of Shadows)||84||Desert Treasure||20002000||700,000|
|Fishing Guild||85||Lunar Diplomacy||3000300010000||1,115,000|
|Annakarl (Demonic Ruins)||90||Desert Treasure||20002000||982,000|
|Ghorrock (Frozen Waste Plateau)||96||Desert Treasure||20008000||446,000|
|Troll Stronghold||N/A||Making Friends with My Arm||300010001000||1,389,000|
- Players who have completed the Medium Varrock Diary can choose Grand Exchange as a destination on the teleport menu or as the default.
- Players who have completed the Hard Kandarin Diary can choose Seers' Village as a destination on the teleport menu or as the default.
- Players who have completed the Hard Ardougne Diary can choose Yanille as a destination on the teleport menu or as the default.
- Bank notes for non-stackable items are accepted.
Customisation and usage[edit | edit source]
Once players have built a portal nexus, they may customise the teleportation interface via the right-click Configuration option. Players will be able to drag and drop the various teleports unlocked into available slots and select which of these acts as the left-click option. The order in which these appear in the Slots list will affect the keyboard options on the right-click Teleport interface.
Within the Teleport interface, a list will be displayed, showing the teleports the player has unlocked, as well as the keyboard options to use them (which depends on how the player arranged them in the Configuration interface's Slots list). The keyboard option 1 will serve as the left-click option on the portal nexus. The Teleport interface can also be switched to Scry Mode, which uses the scrying pool's function to gaze into areas the player would be teleported to. To scry a location, click on the portal nexus within the interface.
Once players have paid for a teleport, it will be permanently unlocked to use freely, as long as the portal nexus exists and players keep them in the Slots list. In addition, players can rearrange teleports in the Slots list or change the left click option without any additional cost.
If players were to remove a teleport from the Slots list, remove the portal nexus or remove the entire room, runes will have to be consumed once more to unlock the teleports when the portal nexus is rebuilt. A confirmation message will appear should players attempt to do so.
Amulet[edit | edit source]
There are two separate slots to mount amulets from, one for each that can be mounted. Only one of each amulet can be mounted.
|Mounted xeric's talisman||72||1 mahogany plank, 1 gold leaf, 1 Xeric's talisman (inert), 5,000 lizardman fangs||500||190,468|
|Mounted digsite pendant||82||1 mahogany plank, 1 gold leaf, 1 curator's medallion||800||403,618|
Rug[edit | edit source]
|Brown rug||2||2 Bolts of cloth||30||1,832|
|Rug||13||4 Bolts of cloth||60||3,664|
|Opulent rug||65||4 Bolts of cloth, 1 gold leaf||360||137,121|
Curtains[edit | edit source]
|Torn curtains||2||3 Planks, 3 Bolts of cloth, 3 nails||132||3,513|
|Curtains||18||3 Oak planks, 3 Bolts of cloth||225||3,930|
|Opulent curtains||40||3 Teak planks, 3 Bolts of cloth||315||5,379|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The game cache reveals an item named "Portal nexus" , which was also shown by Mod Kieren jokingly as an equippable feet slot item. It appears to be intended to be the icon that is displayed in the in-game Construction guide, but was replaced instead with the icon for the marble portal nexus.
References[edit | edit source]
Player-owned house rooms