|Released||8 November 2018 (Update)|
A portal nexus is a room that can be built in a player-owned house. Only one portal nexus room can be built in a player-owned house. It requires level 72 Construction and costs 200,000. Within a portal nexus room, players can build a portal nexus that can teleport the player to multiple locations around Gielinor. The cost of adding each teleport to the nexus is 1,000 times the rune cost of that spell.
The lowest level a player can be to build this room is 67 Construction with an orange spicy stew (+5 boost).
There are 4 hotspots available:
Amulet[edit | edit source]
There are two separate slots to mount amulets from, one for each that can be mounted. Only one of each amulet can be mounted.
|72||Mounted xeric's talisman||Mahogany plank
Xeric's talisman (inert)
Lizardman fang x5,000
|82||Mounted digsite pendant||Mahogany plank
Curtains[edit | edit source]
|2||Torn curtains||Plank x3
Bolt of cloth x3
|132||3,864 - 7,131[c 1]|
|18||Curtains||Oak plank x3
Bolt of cloth x3
|40||Opulent curtains||Teak plank x3
Bolt of cloth x3
- Cost changes depending on the type of nails used.
Portal Nexus[edit | edit source]
The portal nexus can be directed to teleport the player to multiple locations, and are constructed in upgrades: before a higher level portal nexus can be built, the player must first build the one before it.
|Level||Portal nexus||Materials||Experience||Upgrade Cost||Total Cost||Teleports Available|
|72||Marble portal nexus||Marble block x4||2,000||N/A||1,309,396||4|
|82||Gilded portal nexus||Marble portal nexus
Marble block x4
Gold leaf x2
|92||Crystalline portal nexus||Gilded portal nexus
Magic stone x2
Gold leaf x2
Adding a teleport[edit | edit source]
The portal nexus, like portals in the portal chamber, can add thirty possible locations, the limit depending on the tier of the portal nexus built. The table below shows the locations and their costs. However, instead of 100 times the materials required, players require 1,000 times the materials required.
- Directing a portal requires the same Magic level and quest requirements (if any) as casting the teleport spell.
- Players do not need to be on the same spellbook as the teleport spell they are directing (e.g. they can direct a portal to Kharyrll even if they are on the standard spellbook).
- Elemental staves, combination runes, and runes in a rune pouch cannot be used.
- Boosts such as wizard mind bombs, magic potions, and an imbued heart cannot be used to temporarily increase your Magic level.
- The house owner does not have to be in building mode to add a destination.
- If a player upgrades their portal nexus, all destinations in it from its previous version are saved. The runes do not have to be provided again.
|Lumbridge Graveyard[c 1]||
|60% Arceuus favour||2000 1000||128,000|
|Draynor Manor||17||60% Arceuus favour||1000 1000 1000||128,000|
|Battlefront||23||60% Arceuus favour||1000 1000 1000||128,000|
|Varrock/Grand Exchange[c 2]||25||None||3000 1000 1000||138,000|
|Mind Altar||28||60% Arceuus favour||1000 2000||121,000|
|Lumbridge||31||None||3000 1000 1000||138,000|
|Falador||37||None||3000 1000 1000||138,000|
|Salve Graveyard||40||60% Arceuus favour||1000 2000||264,000|
|Camelot/Seers' Village[c 3]||45||None||5000 1000||143,000|
|Fenkenstrain's Castle||48||60% Arceuus favour||1000 1000 1000||269,000|
|East Ardougne||51||Plague City||2000 2000||246,000|
|Watchtower/Yanille[c 4]||58||Watchtower||2000 2000||246,000|
|Senntisten (Digsite)||60||Desert Treasure||2000 1000||382,000|
|West Ardougne||61||60% Arceuus favour, Biohazard||2000 2000||528,000|
|Marim (Ape Atoll)||64||Recipe for Disaster||2000 2000 2000 1000 [c 5]||372,000|
|Harmony Island||65||60% Arceuus favour, The Great Brain Robbery||1000 1000 1000||453,000|
|Kharyrll (Canifis)||66||Desert Treasure||1000 2000||623,000|
|Lunar Isle||69||Lunar Diplomacy||2000 2000 1000||366,000|
|Kourend Castle||69||Read transportation incantations||5000 4000 2000 2000||573,000|
|The Forgotten Cemetery||71||60% Arceuus favour||1000 1000 1000||651,000|
|Waterbirth Island||72||Lunar Diplomacy||1000 2000 1000||361,000|
|Barrows||83||60% Arceuus favour||1000 2000 2000||915,000|
|Carrallangar (Graveyard of Shadows)||84||Desert Treasure||2000 2000||528,000|
|Fishing Guild||85||Lunar Diplomacy||10000 3000 3000||761,000|
|Catherby||87||Lunar Diplomacy||10000 3000 3000||761,000|
|Annakarl (Demonic Ruins)||90||Desert Treasure||2000 2000||1,010,000|
|Ape Atoll Dungeon||90||60% Arceuus favour, Monkey Madness I||2000 2000 2000||1,302,000|
|Ghorrock (Frozen Waste Plateau)||96||Desert Treasure||8000 2000||276,000|
|Troll Stronghold||N/A||Making Friends with My Arm||1000 1000 3000[c 5]||789,000|
|Weiss||N/A||Making Friends with My Arm||1000 1000 3000 [c 5]||804,000|
|Total||14000 10000 9000 39000 2000
10000 7000 44000 1000 16000
1000 2000 2000 3000 3000[c 5]
- Called Lumbridge Grave' in the teleport menu.
- Players who have completed the Medium Varrock Diary can choose Grand Exchange as a destination on the teleport menu or as the default.
- Players who have completed the Hard Kandarin Diary can choose Seers' Village as a destination on the teleport menu or as the default.
- Players who have completed the Hard Ardougne Diary can choose Yanille as a destination on the teleport menu or as the default.
- Bank notes for non-stackable items are accepted.
Customisation and usage[edit | edit source]
Once players have built a portal nexus, they may customise the teleportation interface via the right-click Configuration option. Players will be able to drag and drop the various teleports unlocked into available slots and select which of these acts as the left-click option. The order in which these appear in the Slots list will affect the keyboard options on the right-click Teleport interface.
Within the Teleport interface, a list will be displayed, showing the teleports the player has unlocked, as well as the keyboard options to use them (which depends on how the player arranged them in the Configuration interface's Slots list). The keyboard option 1 will serve as the left-click option on the portal nexus. The Teleport interface can also be switched to Scry Mode, which uses the scrying pool's function to gaze into areas the player would be teleported to. To scry a location, click on the portal nexus within the interface.
Once players have paid for a teleport, it will be permanently unlocked to use freely, as long as the portal nexus exists and players keep them in the Slots list. In addition, players can rearrange teleports in the Slots list or change the left click option without any additional cost.
If players were to remove a teleport from the Slots list, remove the portal nexus or remove the entire room, runes will have to be consumed once more to unlock the teleports when the portal nexus is rebuilt. A confirmation message will appear should players attempt to do so.
Rug[edit | edit source]
|2||Brown rug||Bolt of cloth x2||30||2,000|
|13||Rug||Bolt of cloth x4||60||4,000|
|65||Opulent rug||Bolt of cloth x4
Changes[edit | edit source]
|16 January 2020
(update | poll)
Weiss and Arceuus teleports have been added to the Portal Nexus and Portal Room in the Player Owned House.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The game cache reveals an item named "Portal nexus" , which was also shown by Mod Kieren jokingly as an equippable feet slot item. It appears to be intended to be the icon that is displayed in the in-game Construction guide, but was replaced instead with the icon for the marble portal nexus.
References[edit | edit source]
|Portal Nexus space|