|Released||31 May 2006 (Update)|
A Portal chamber is a room that can be built in a player-owned house. It requires level 50 Construction and costs 100,000. Within a Portal Chamber, players can use their Magic skill to build portals that they and their guests can use to teleport to various locations around Gielinor.
There are 2 hotspots available:
Centrepiece[edit | edit source]
A focal centrepiece is required for the house owner to direct the portals. The higher level greater teleport focus and scrying pool are for cosmetic purpose only, meaning just a teleport focus will suffice for creating and using all portals. It can be removed after directing portals, to avoid having to walk around it on the way to the portals. The scrying pool can give players an amount of players that exist at the teleport destination, which may be useful for Deadman mode or teleporting to the wilderness.
|50||Teleport focus||Limestone brick x2||40||460|
|65||Greater teleport focus||Marble block||500||335,015|
|80||Scrying pool||Marble block x4||2,000||1,340,060|
Portals[edit | edit source]
The higher tier versions are just cosmetic upgrades.
|50||Teak portal||Teak plank x3||270||2,274|
|65||Mahogany portal||Mahogany plank x3||420||5,973|
|80||Marble portal||Marble block x3||1,500||1,005,045|
Directing a portal[edit | edit source]
The house owner can use the centrepiece to direct portals to a specific teleport destination. The table below shows the possible locations and their costs.
- Using the centrepiece will provide a list of portals numbered 1 to 3.
- Clockwise: Door (12 o'clock), Portal 1 (3 o'clock), Portal 2 (6 o'clock), Portal 3 (9 o'clock).
- Assigning a portal to a teleport destination costs 100 times the runes for that particular teleport spell.
- Directing a portal requires the same Magic level and quest requirements as casting the spell.
- The caster does not need to be on the same spellbook as the teleport spell they are directing. For example, a player can direct a portal to Kharyrll even if they are on the standard spellbook.
- Elemental staves, combination runes, and runes in a rune pouch cannot be used.
- Temporary skill boosts such as a magic potion or imbued heart can be used to direct a portal higher than the caster's Magic level.
- Directing a portal grants five times the Magic experience that would be gained from casting the spell once. For example, a Camelot Teleport normally grants 55.5 experience, so directing a portal to Camelot will grant 277.5 experience.
- The house owner does not have to be in building mode to direct a portal.
- If a portal frame or centrepiece is removed, the portals themselves are saved and will return as soon as another portal frame or centrepiece is built in the same place. The runes do not have to be provided again.
- Replacing a teleport with another one does not refund the runes and will require them again if you wish to switch back.
- Players who have completed the Medium Varrock Diary can change the destination to the Grand Exchange with a right-click option.
- Players who have completed the Hard Kandarin Diary can change the destination to Seers' Village with a right-click option.
- Players who have completed the Hard Ardougne Diary can change the destination to Yanille with a right-click option.
- Bank notes for non-stackable items are accepted.
- Teleports the player to outside the entrance of the Troll Stronghold cave. Players who have completed the Hard Fremennik Diary and who have 73 Agility (boosts work) will be teleported to the roof of the stronghold instead.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Poisoned players who go through a portal will have their poison cured upon arriving at their destination. This is because poison is always cured when leaving a player-owned house, as otherwise a sneaky house owner could poison another player in their combat ring and expel them right before they die in order to try to steal their items in a time with more punitive death mechanics.
- With a little patience or luck, players can use a spicy stew to boost their Construction by 5 in order to construct the Portal Chamber with as low as 45 Construction. Then they can use the crystal saw's invisible +3 boost to construct the teleport focus and portals before their boosted level falls below 47.
- Building the same portal twice and switching the destination (e.g. switching Varrock to the Grand Exchange with the medium Varrock diary) on one of them will cause both portals' destinations to switch.
- The following teleport spells cannot currently be made into portals:
|Teleport to House|
|Ice Plateau Teleport|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|7 April 2021
Whilst we continue to investigate reports of the Scrying Pool and Portal Nexus not working as intended, "Scry" mode will now reveal how many players are in a specific location.
|16 January 2020
(update | poll)
Arceuus and Weiss teleports added to the Portal Nexus and Portal Room.
|21 May 2015
Mahogany camelot portals in POHs no longer default to the Seers bank coordinates.