|Released||31 May 2006 (Update)|
A Portal chamber is a room that can be built in a player-owned house. It requires level 50 Construction and costs 100,000. Within a Portal Chamber, players can use their Magic skill to build portals that they and their guests can use to teleport to various locations around Gielinor.
There are 2 hotspots available:
Centrepiece[edit | edit source]
A focal centrepiece is required for the house owner to direct the portals. The higher level greater teleport focus and scrying pool are mostly for cosmetic purpose only, meaning just a teleport focus will suffice for creating and using all portals. It can be removed after directing portals, to avoid having to walk around it on the way to the portals. The scrying pool can give players a preview of the teleport destination, which may be useful for Deadman mode or teleporting to the wilderness.
|50||Teleport focus||Limestone brick x2||40||486|
|65||Greater teleport focus||Marble block||500||332,610|
|80||Scrying pool||Marble block x4||2,000||1,330,440|
Portals[edit | edit source]
The higher tier version are just cosmetic upgrades.
|Construction Level||Portal frame||Materials||Experience||Cost|
|50||Teak portal||Teak plank x3||270||3,036|
|65||Mahogany portal||Mahogany plank x3||420||6,915|
|80||Marble portal||Marble block x3||1,500||997,830|
Directing a portal[edit | edit source]
The house owner can use the centrepiece to direct portals to a specific teleport destination. The table below shows the possible locations and their costs.
- Using the centrepiece will provide a list of portals numbered 1 to 3.
- Clockwise (right to left): Door (12 o'clock), Portal 1 (3 o'clock), Portal 2 (6 o'clock), Portal 3 (9 o'clock).
- Assigning a portal to a teleport destination costs 100 times the runes for that particular teleport spell.
- Directing a portal requires the same Magic level and quest requirements as casting the spell.
- The caster does not need to be on the same spellbook as the teleport spell they are directing. For example, a player can direct a portal to Kharyrll even if they are on the standard spellbook.
- Elemental staves, combination runes, and runes in a rune pouch cannot be used.
- Temporary skill boosts such as wizard mind bombs or magic potions can be used to direct a portal higher than the caster's Magic level.
- Directing a portal grants five times the Magic experience that would be gained from casting the spell once. For example, a Camelot Teleport normally grants 55.5 experience, so directing a portal to Camelot will grant 277.5 experience.
- The house owner does not have to be in building mode to direct a portal.
- If a portal frame or centrepiece is removed, the portals themselves are saved and will return as soon as another portal frame or centrepiece is built in the same place. The runes do not have to be provided again.
|Location||Requirements||Runes||GE Price||Resulting Portal|
|60% Arceuus favour||200 100||20,500|
|Draynor Manor||Magic 17||60% Arceuus favour||100 100 100||20,500|
|Battlefront||Magic 23||60% Arceuus favour||100 100 100||20,600|
|Varrock/Grand Exchange||Magic 25||None||300 100 100||21,900|
|Mind Altar Teleport||Magic28||60% Arceuus favour||100 200||19,800|
|Lumbridge||Magic 31||None||300 100 100||21,800|
|Falador||Magic 37||None||300 100 100||21,800|
|Salve Graveyard||Magic 40||60% Arceuus favour||100 200||33,800|
|Camelot/Seers' Village||Magic 45||None||500 100||22,500|
|Fenkenstrain's Castle||Magic48||60% Arceuus favour||100 100 100||34,300|
|East Ardougne||Magic 51||Plague City||200 200||40,000|
|Watchtower/Yanille||Magic 58||Watchtower||200 200||40,000|
|Senntisten (Digsite)||Magic 60||Desert Treasure||200 100||53,300|
|West Ardougne||Magic 61||60% Arceuus favour, Biohazard||200 200||67,600|
|Marim||Magic 64||Recipe for Disaster||200 200 200 100 ||49,400|
|Harmony Island||Magic 65||60% Arceuus favour, The Great Brain Robbery||100 100 100||62,400|
|Kharyrll (Canifis)||Magic 66||Desert Treasure||100 200||78,400|
|Lunar Isle||Magic 69||Lunar Diplomacy||200 200 100||66,700|
|Kourend Castle||Magic 69||Read transportation incantations||500 400 200 200||72,600|
|Cemetery (The Forgotten Cemetery)||Magic 71||60% Arceuus favour||100 100 100||73,200|
|Waterbirth Island||Magic 72||Lunar Diplomacy||100 200 100||66,200|
|Barrows||Magic 83||60% Arceuus favour||100 200 200||107,000|
|Carrallangar (Graveyard of Shadows)||Magic 84||Desert Treasure||200 200||67,600|
|Fishing Guild||Magic 85||Lunar Diplomacy||1000 300 300||132,800|
|Catherby||Magic 87||Lunar Diplomacy||1000 300 300||132,800|
|Annakarl (Demonic Ruins)||Magic 90||Desert Treasure||200 200||117,800|
|Ape Atoll Dungeon||Magic 90||60% Arceuus favour, Monkey Madness I||200 200 200||146,400|
|Ghorrock (Frozen Waste Plateau)||Magic 96||Desert Treasure||800 200||43,000|
|Troll Stronghold||N/A||Making Friends with My Arm||100 100 300||118,200|
|Weiss||N/A||Making Friends with My Arm||100 100 300 ||119,400|
|Total||1400 1000 900 3900 4400
1000 700 200 100 1600
100 200 200 300 300
- Players who have completed the Medium Varrock Diary can change the destination to the Grand Exchange with a right-click option.
- Players who have completed the Hard Kandarin Diary can change the destination to Seers' Village with a right-click option.
- Players who have completed the Hard Ardougne Diary can change the destination to Yanille with a right-click option.
- Bank notes for non-stackable items are accepted.
- Teleports the player to outside the entrance of the Troll Stronghold cave. Players who have completed the Hard Fremennik Diary and who have 73 Agility (boosts work) will be teleported to the roof of the stronghold instead.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Poisoned players who go through a portal will have their poison cured upon arriving at their destination. This is because poison is always cured when leaving a player-owned house, as otherwise a sneaky house owner could poison another player in their combat ring and expel them right before they die in order to try to steal their items in a time with more punitive death mechanics.
- With a little patience or luck, players can use a spicy stew to boost their Construction by 5 in order to construct the Portal Chamber with as low as 45 Construction. Then they can use the crystal saw's invisible +3 boost to construct the teleport focus and portals before their boosted level falls below 47.
- Building the same portal twice and switching the destination (e.g. switching Varrock to the Grand Exchange with the medium Varrock diary) on one of them will cause both portals' destinations to switch.
- The following teleport spells CANNOT currently be made into portals:
|Ice Plateau Teleport|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|16 January 2020
|Arceuus and Weiss teleports added to the Portal Nexus and Portal Room.|
|21 May 2015
|Mahogany camelot portals in POHs no longer default to the Seers bank coordinates.|