Prince Ali Rescue
|Prince Ali Rescue (#10)|
|Released||28 February 2001 (Update)|
|Lead developer(s)||Rob L, Paul Gower|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Hassan in the palace at Al Kharid.|
|Description||Prince Ali of Al Kharid has been kidnapped by the scheming Lady Keli. You are hired to stage a rescue mission.|
|Enemies to defeat||Jail guard (level 26, optional)|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Setting up (obtaining the required items)[edit | edit source]
Skip this part if you have all the required items.
You would ideally start in Varrock, where you would buy or withdraw from your bank the minor related items required. You also need a pickaxe to mine with, an axe for Woodcutting, and a tinderbox though you may find ashes from someone else's fire. If you can't find ashes already, cut a tree, light the logs, and then wait for it to burn out while banking the axe and tinderbox you no longer need. Alternatively, you can an elemental wizard. Bring your shears if you already have them to save time, otherwise get them from Fred the farmer's house later on. You should also withdraw some cash to pay for the required items and toll gate crossings.
Buy the pink skirt at the clothes shop, then leave by the south city exit. Buy the 3 (or 4) beers at the Blue Moon Inn on the way out, or take some from the longhall in the Barbarian Village for free.
At the south-east Varrock mine, you can mine one tin and one copper ore to make a bronze bar, and pick one bunch of redberries from the nearby bushes, and then go to the sheep pen and shear three sheep. At the south-west Varrock mine, you can mine one clay.
If you have not already started the quest, then go south into the Al Kharid desert area, passing the Al Kharid mine, down to the palace and begin the quest; then, talk to Hassan and then Osman. If you did not bring a bucket or jug of water you can grab the jug of water off of the table in the east room of the palace. Otherwise, take the road south towards Lumbridge. Cross the north bridge to the forge, and smith a bronze bar there, or use the Al Kharid forge if you are there.
Go to Lumbridge Castle and spin all the wool. Take the jug from the kitchen and fill it with water if you didn't get the jug of water from the palace, then take a pot from the kitchen, and a bucket from the basement if you need them. Fill the bucket with water, wet the clay with it, then fill it again.
Follow the road north out of Lumbridge, then go to the Fred the Farmer's house. Behind his house there is a garden with 12 onions. Pick two onions, then back to the road for the grain field and mill to make the pot of flour. If you didn't have shears earlier, get them from his house, shear 3 sheep and go back to Lumbridge Castle to spin the wool.
At this point, you should now be carrying:
- 3 balls of wool (from shearing sheep and then spinning it at a spinning wheel)
- Ashes (make or find a fire, once it burns out pick up the ashes, or kill an imp)
- A bucket of water or a jug of water (bucket bought in any general store, filled at any water source)
- A pot of flour
- A bronze bar (made by smelting tin and copper ore)
- Soft clay (use clay with a bucket, jug or bowl of water)
- 2 onions (or 1 yellow dye) and 15 coins
- 3 beers (normal beer, can be bought at the Sheared Ram in Lumbridge or the Rusty Anchor Inn in Port Sarim)
- A pink skirt
- 1 redberries
- A rope
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Items required: 3 balls of wool, rope (unless buying from Ned), 2 onions or yellow dye, 1 redberries, pot of flour, ashes, a bucket of water, soft clay, a bronze bar, and 50 coins (unless teleporting).
You begin your quest in the palace of Al Kharid by talking to (Chancellor) Hassan. He will direct you to a shifty looking fellow outside the northern perimeter of the palace, who goes by the name of Osman. Osman will tell you to find and speak to his daughter Leela, who can be found strolling east of Draynor Village just south of the wheat field. Talk to Leela and she will tell you what you need.
If you look west from where you are standing, you should see the door to Ned's house. Ask Ned to make you a wig - get the wig made from the balls of wool. If you do not already have the rope at this point, you can have Ned make you one for four balls of wool (or you can buy one from him with coins). Once you have the rope and wig, go into the house just west of Ned's, and ask Aggie (the witch) to make you skin paste. If you do not already have the dye, you can ask her to make it for you, requiring two onions and five coins. Dye the wig yellow.
Go in to the jail directly east of Draynor as quickly as possible, or attack the aggressive level 26 jail guards. This is a multicombat area, however, so unless you have a similar or higher combat level and at least mithril equipment, you should try to avoid attacking them. Their max hit is a mere 3 damage, and they can be dispatched fairly easily with mithril or adamant equipment, but they have decent accuracy even against armour, so food is essential if you plan on killing them, especially if more than one attacks. Another alternative is to have a friend accompany you and have them either attack the jail guards to distract them, or aid you in killing them. They will ignore you if your combat level is 53 or higher.
Once inside the jail building, if you do not see Lady Keli in or around it, wait a little - she will eventually respawn. Then, tell her she's famous all over Gielinor, then ask her about her latest plan, and that she must have been very skillful. Ask her then if she's sure his people won't try and rescue him. Ask her if you can see the key and then if you can touch the key for a short amount of time. If you've gotten the soft clay with you, you shall make an imprint in the clay.
Saving the Prince[edit | edit source]
Talk to Leela, she will be happy about the plan and recommend that you talk to the witch for the paste, if you have all the ingredients talk to Leela once again and then head for the jail. Talk to Joe and offer him a drink, (be aware that only normal beer will work) and another, and another. Use the rope on Lady Keli, the key on the cell door, then talk to Prince Ali and he will use the disguise and escape.
- Note: If you take too long to enter the cell, or if you leave it before freeing Prince Ali, you will have to obtain another rope and tie up Lady Keli again.
After freeing the Prince, return to Lumbridge, and pass through the gate that connects Lumbridge and Al Kharid. You can pass through this gate free of charge from now on. Go and talk to Hassan in the Al Kharid palace to claim your reward.
- Note: From now on, should you attempt to talk to Lady Keli, a message appears over her head (the same way a message appears over a player's head when they speak) saying that you tricked her. She will tell the guards to get you, after which one of the guards will say, "Yes, M'Lady" and attack you; however, you can escape by running out of the jail grounds.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 3 Quest points
- 700 coins
- Free passage through the Lumbridge - Al Kharid toll gate from now on
- (Members) Access to the Sorceress's Garden Thieving minigame.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- There are four jail guards in the compound, three of whom are aggressive to players level 52 and lower. Knowing the spawns and patrol routes are very useful for players with low combat levels.
- The three aggressive guards spawn and patrol around the north, south, and west sides of the jail compound, while the non-aggressive guard (the one with blonde hair) tends to stand by the door on the north side. It is probably better to enter the compound at the north-eastern entrance, as that leaves only the aggressive guard on the north side (the bald one) to deal with. Try to enter the compound when the bald guard goes into the woods north-west of the jail.
- Alternatively, try to find a time when other players are attacking the guards, or go to a busy world where many players would be training there. Be advised that if the players training there are level 53 or higher, the guards may turn their attention to other passing players.
- If the bald guard gets inside the jail, lure him outside, and stand in the doorway so that you are inside and they are outside, and close the door. It is helpful to bring a few pieces of food in case this ends up happening, as you will probably end up taking some damage in the process.
- If all else fails, bring a friend to distract or kill the guards. Remember, if your friend is level 53 or higher, the guards may shift their attention to you while your friend is killing them.
- If you lose any items, you can get them made again, except for the key - Leela will replace it for 15 coins.
- A way out of Al Kharid to Port Sarim:
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Prince Ali Rescue is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When the player ties up Lady Keli during the quest, the chatbox states that they put her in a cupboard. However, there are no cupboards within the building.