Putting It Olm on the Line
|Putting It Olm on the Line (#305)|
|Released||21 July 2021 (Update)|
|Description||Complete a Chambers of Xeric solo raid with more than 40,000 points.|
|Monster||Chambers of Xeric|
Putting It Olm on the Line is a master combat achievement which requires the player to complete a solo Chambers of Xeric raid with 40,000 or more points.
Challenge Mode cannot be used for this task.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
In order to get the minimum points needed for the achievement, the player will need to toggle large raids on as it ensures the first two floors are filled to the brim with four combat/puzzle rooms. As the points can be slow to obtain, players should take their time and prepare early to gain more points. Large raids can also cause duplicate puzzle rooms to appear on each floor.
Avoid the following rooms:
- Tekton, shamans, Jewelled Crabs - these rooms provide ~1,600 points.
Look for the following rooms:
- Vasa Nistirio - focus on the glowing crystals more than the boss, as they provide plenty of points. A good strategy is to reach the point cap on the glowing crystals then finish off the boss before leaving the room.
- Tightrope - each tightrope room provides ~4,000 points on average; double tightropes basically knock out 20% of the required total.
- Ice demon - players can get many points by cutting many inventories' worth of kindling; dumping 27 will yield around ~700 points per inventory and can easily stack for plenty of points, although considerably slower compared to thieving and tightrope rooms.
- Corrupted scavenger - roughly 3,000 points can be obtained from this room.
- Guardian (Chambers of Xeric) - Keeping one guardian alive and having them shove you away from the door gives 40 points. This can be done indefinitely until you reach a comfortable point cap if you do not feel comfortable doing this task without dying. This strategy can be done as long as the guardians are not the first room in the raid.
Players without 90+ Herblore may also want to have a layout that contains an Overload (+) dropping boss, of which Tekton, the Muttadiles and Vanguards drop. Ideally one of the latter two should be selected for this as they provide slightly more points.
The Great Olm will provide roughly 18,500 points and thus it is recommended players ensure that the first two floors will give them at least 22,000 points. Deaths after getting over 5,000 points will likely prevent the player from completing the achievement, although the raid should be completed anyways for the potential rewards. As a result, it is important not to die, which will also unlock the Undying Raider and Undying Raid Team if not completed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name is a pun on "putting it all on the line".