The amount of points awarded depends on the quest, ranging from 1 to 6 points. A special case is Recipe for Disaster, since it is split up into 10 sub-quests, each awarding a QP.
A full list of quests, sortable by name, amount of QP, official length and membership requirement can be found on the Quests/List.
Miniquests do not award quest points. However, four miniquests are prerequisites to acquiring the Quest point cape as they must be completed before all QP may be earned. The four miniquests are:
- Alfred Grimhand's Barcrawl — required for Horror from the Deep and Scorpion Catcher
- Enter the Abyss — required for Devious Minds, Temple of the Eye, and Wanted!
- Skippy and the Mogres — required for Rag and Bone Man II
- Architectural Alliance — required for A Kingdom Divided
QP requirements[edit | edit source]
Some activities require a player to have at least a certain amount of quest points:
- 10 quest points, 20 Hours of Game Time and 100 Total Level are required to trade items to other players in Free-to-play.
- 12 quest points are needed to start Black Knights' Fortress.
- 16 quest points are needed to start Below Ice Mountain.
- 20 quest points are needed to start Enlightened Journey and to log on bounty hunter world.
- 32 quest points to start the Wanted! quest.
- At 32 quest points, players can enter the Champions' Guild, to begin the ultimate free-to-play quest, Dragon Slayer I, and earn the right to wear the best free-to-play body armour.
- 43 quest points to start the Tears of Guthix quest.
- 55 points are required to start the Heroes' Quest, which allows access to the Heroes' Guild.
- 100 points are required to start the Swan Song quest, which allows access to the Piscatoris Fishing Colony.
- 107 quest points are one of the requirements to start the Legends' Quest, which admits players to the Legends' Guild.
- 175 points are needed to start the end-fights of Recipe for Disaster.
- 200 quest points are needed for Dragon Slayer II making it the highest requirement of any quest.
- 250 quest points are needed to unlock a 5th slot to block a slayer task.
Minigames[edit | edit source]
- Tears of Guthix is a minigame which can be played once a week and is unlocked by completing the prerequisite Tears of Guthix quest. The more quest points a player has, the longer they can stay in the minigame, which means they will have the chance to collect more tears and get more experience in their lowest skill.
- Nightmare Zone is a minigame in which the player can fight bosses from previously completed quests. If the player has maximum quest points, the cost of custom Rumble mode will be reduced by 10,000 coins (to 12,000 coins for normal mode, and 16,000 coins for hard mode).
Other[edit | edit source]
- Every 50 quest points unlock a block slot for Slayer tasks, up to 5 slots at 250 quest points.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In 2001, completing some quests would add to the "influence" skill. Later, the "influence" skill was replaced by the quest point system.
- RuneScape Classic players could have up to 112 quest points.