Captain Rabid Jack is the single most feared pirate of the Eastern Sea. Very little is known about him as almost no people dare to speak of the infamous Rabid Jack, but he apparently terrorised the Eastern Sea and its islands such as Mos Le'Harmless. He has, however, not been seen for years, and currently appears to reside somewhere near a temple in the Eastern Sea where he practises necromancy, resurrecting zombie pirates to expand his crew and plotting his return. It is suggested that this hideout is located beneath the sea.
Rabid Jack is responsible for sending Captain Donnie and his crew to invade Braindeath Island to plunder the island's production of Braindeath 'rum' and kill all the brewers. He also sent the undead Surgeon General Mi-Gor to invade Harmony Island and to conduct experiments on the residing monks to find a way to enhance his zombies by giving them un-rotting brains. In sending his lackeys, Jack appears to be trying to conceal his own involvement in these events. The player managed to thwart both plots during the Rum Deal and The Great Brain Robbery quests.
References[edit | edit source]
- Captain Braindeath, "Rum Deal", Old School RuneScape. "Rabid Jack! THE Rabid Jack! Egad... I haven't heard that name... before."
- Brother Tranquillity, "The Great Brain Robbery", Old School RuneScape. "One of the pirates on the island said [Jack's name] while in the grip of a terrible fever. The others quietened him down and refused to answer any questions about it. I have no doubt they know who it is, but I get the feeling that they will not tell you."
- Captain Donnie, "Rum Deal", Old School RuneScape. "After we take the island I'll have the boss haul yer body to the temple and... Err, never mind."
- Mi-Gor, "The Great Brain Robbery", Old School RuneScape. "*Wheeze* I have received a summons to attend to the Captain and so will be 'down below' for a while."
- Brother Tranquillity, "The Great Brain Robbery", Old School RuneScape. "Yes, one of the brothers observed him and a few of his sorebones slipping into the water shortly after there was a loud bang from inside the building."
- Mi-Gor, "The Great Brain Robbery", Old School RuneScape. "*Wheeze* Excellent... the gas will leave the brain intact for the next stage. *Wheeze* This time there will be no rebellion amongst the subjects. *Wheeze* Rabid Jack will have his crew of enhanced zombies and I will have as many test subjects as I can vivisect! *Wheeze* Hekhekhekhek!"
- Captain Donnie, "Rum Deal", Old School RuneScape. "Besides, Rabid Jack would have my hide if I told ye it were him that sent me!"