Rag and Bone Man I/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to the Odd Old Man, located at the end of the northern path in central Silvarea.|
|Description||Everybody needs some body, and the Odd Old Man knows exactly which bits of those bodies he needs. Can you help him finish his extensive and extremely creepy collection?|
|Enemies to defeat||Several (8): see below.|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the Odd Old Man in Silvarea, north-east of Varrock, north of the Digsite, during the conversation he will mention boiling the bones in vinegar..
Gathering the bones[edit | edit source]
- Gather the following bones by killing the appropriate monsters, all of which can be easily obtained by walking south of the Odd Old Man, down to Lumbridge, into the Lumbridge Swamp Caves, and finishing on Karamja (use the first suggested location of each monster to follow this path):
|Bone||Monster||Locations (preferable) - Click to mark|
|Giant rat bone||Giant rat||South-east of Varrock by the mine, Varrock Sewer, Lumbridge Swamp, near the Port Sarim Jail.|
|Unicorn bone||Unicorn||The forest south-east of Varrock, Lumbridge Swamp, by Draynor Village, south of Edgeville, west of Catherby, on Entrana (west from the Law altar), next to fairy ring bis in Ardougne Zoo.|
|Bear ribs||Bear||South of Varrock, above Varrock Sewer, north of Falador, Ardougne Zoo (with mage/ranged and Telekinetic Grab) or just south-west of the Legends' Guild (fairy ring blr).|
|Ram skull||Ram||The forest south-east of Varrock, in Fred the Farmer's sheep pen (north of Lumbridge), north of Falador, the farm near Ardougne (west of fairy ring blr).|
|Goblin skull||Goblin||Both east and west of Lumbridge, north of Ardougne (the goblins at the farm south of Varrock do not drop the bone).|
|Big frog leg||Big frog||They can be found in the Lumbridge Swamp Caves (south of fairy ring ajq)(Only level 24 big frogs can drop the bone. the giant frogs on the surface of Lumbridge Swamp do not drop the bone).|
|Monkey paw||Monkey||East of the Karamja Volcano, south Karamja (right next to fairy ring ckr), Ardougne Zoo (if you choose to go to Ardougne Zoo, you must bring ranged and/or magic equipment and have 33 Magic for Telekinetic Grab).|
|Giant bat wing||Giant bat||Crandor and Karamja Dungeon (which can be accessed on the Karamja Volcano), outside Keep Le Faye (north of fairy ring blr), Yanille dungeon.|
Polishing the bones[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Fortunato located in Draynor marketplace and buy 8 jug of vinegar.
- Use all of the jugs of vinegar with all the pots to make 8 pots of vinegar. If intending to do Rag and Bone Man II, buy 27 more (35 total) jugs of vinegar to save time.
- Use all of the bones with your pots of vinegar to get 8 bones in vinegar.
- Withdraw a tinderbox and either 8 logs or an axe
- With the logs in your inventory, return to the Odd Old Man
- For each bone in vinegar do:
- Place a set of logs on the pot-boiler next to the old man.
- Use a bone in vinegar with the pot-boiler.
- Light the set of logs with your tinderbox.
- Wait 12 seconds until the fire is consumed and remove the pot from the pot-boiler. (Alternatively, hop worlds after lighting the logs for them to be finished when you log back in)
- Talk to the Odd Old Man.
Reward[edit | edit source]
Required for completing[edit | edit source]