Rag and Bone Man II
|Rag and Bone Man II (#104)|
|Release date||10 April 2006 (Update)|
- 1 Details
- 2 Overview
- 3 List
- 4 Walkthrough
- 5 Rewards
- 6 Changes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to the Odd Old Man again.|
|Enemies to defeat||Listed below|
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Each monster on the list has a 1/4 chance to drop the bones you need.
- The monsters you need to kill are mentioned on the Wish List that is attached on the house north of the Odd Old Man.
- It is possible to hand in the collected bones in smaller batches. The Odd Old Man will kindly update the wish list, taking off the bones already submitted.
- It IS possible to complete Basilisk without 20 Defence, but you must freeze the basilisk or safe spot it.
- If you've forgotten how to clean the bones, refer to the main quest.
- Due to the variety of monsters required to kill, it may be a good idea to simply start the quest and collect some of the bones while training Slayer as usual.
List[edit | edit source]
Below is the list of monsters that need to be killed to obtain all the bones (27 total).
Note: These monsters can be found in other places; listed are the most convenient spots.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Karamja[edit | edit source]
- Travel method: Use the gnome glider (or fairy ring code: DKP) to get to Karamja. Jogres and snakes are found surrounding the gnome glider. Snakes are also found in various other places on Karamja, the closest of which is by the mine north of Shilo Village (fairy ring code: CKR). Optionally, jogres are also found in the dungeon by the Harpie Bug Swarms, and snakes are also found by the calquat patch. (Snakes within the Hardwood Grove do not drop the spine.)
Misthalin[edit | edit source]
- Items: Slash weapon (sewer webs)
- Travel method: Edgeville can be reached by using an Amulet of glory teleport, fairy ring, using Home Teleport (with the Ancient Magicks spellbook active) and the canoe system, by using Varrock Teleport and walking a short distance, or by using the Spirit tree in the Grand Exchange. The monsters are all found in the Varrock Sewers (Note: You will need a knife or other sharp object to cut through the spiderweb blocking the way to the Moss giant area if unable to use Agility level 51 shortcut near Vannaka). It is also a good idea to buy a mirror shield, some ice coolers, and several fishing explosives from the Slayer Master while you are here.
Port Sarim[edit | edit source]
- Items: Fishing explosive
- Travel method: Minigame teleport to Port Sarim Rat Pits if you have completed Ratcatchers; otherwise, use an amulet of glory to go to Draynor and walk to Port Sarim. You will find seagulls on the docks. From there, travel south and look for the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon, where you will find ice giants. Travel south to reach the Mudskipper Point, home to the mogres. Alternatively, you can use fairy ring (code: AIQ) for the latter two bones.
Nardah[edit | edit source]
- Items: Ice cooler, waterskins.
- Travel method: Use the fairy ring (code: DLQ) to get to the Nardah hunting area, and travel west. There are jackals on the way to the level 42 lizards. You need to use ice coolers on the lizards when their health is low. After these, walk south and go west from the Nardah bank to find vultures. If the vultures fly, you may need to use Ranged or Magic attacks.
Port Phasmatys[edit | edit source]
- Items: Ectophial (optional)
- Travel method: Travel to Port Phasmatys (teleport using the Ectophial, or start in reverse order from fairy ring CKS) and travel west. The undead cows are just west of Ectofuntus, within the farm. Then, travel west and go under Fenkenstrain's Castle by pushing the easternmost memorial to find the experiments underneath (see the Creature of Fenkenstrain quest guide). Travel south-west to Canifis where many level 88 werewolves are located. They can be safespotted in the bar with a ranged or magic weapon. If you otherwise don't want to attack a level 88 werewolf, you can attack one of the level 24's in Canifis with Wolfbane, and when they are almost dead, switch to another weapon. They will change into a werewolf with low life points and may drop the bones. Finally, travel south-west towards the Paterdomus temple entrance to find ghouls.
- Another way to reach Morytania is using Kharyrll Teleport from Ancient Magicks or POH portal.
Feldip Hills[edit | edit source]
- Items: Inoculation bracelet
- Travel method: Travel to Feldip Hills using fairy ring (code: AKS), the Castle Wars minigame teleport, or Gnome glider from the Gnome Stronghold. There, you will find ogres and wolves. From there, travel using fairy ring (code: BKP) and then travel east to Jiggig (south of Castle Wars) to find zogres. Zogres are located within the Jiggig tomb, and may inflict disease upon the player. The Inoculation bracelet will counter this effect; just be sure to keep it equipped all the time, or if you have completed Zogre Flesh Eaters, you may buy Relicym's balm from Uglug Nar if you opened his shop after completing it. Another option to counter the disease is to go to the Clan Wars Arena and jump in and out of the free for all portal. The zogres also have an incredible 80% immunity to most weaponry; therefore, it is advisable to bring along an ogre composite bow and brutal arrows.
Miscellania, Lighthouse and Waterfall[edit | edit source]
- Items: Games necklace, enchanted lyre, mirror shield, Glarial's amulet (if you haven't completed Waterfall quest), rope, good armour, good food.
- Travel method: Use your Enchanted lyre to teleport to Rellekka, take a boat to Miscellania (or if you have access to fairy rings, use code: CIP), and kill some of the rabbits hopping about in the forest. Alternatively, there are rabbits located south-east of Rellekka by the Swaying tree. Then, head into the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon (AJR or Slayer Ring). It is strongly recommended to bring along a mirror shield when combatting basilisks. Without one, they will reduce your stats to a critical and irritatingly low point.
- Next, pay a visit to the Lighthouse (ALP), north of the Barbarian Outpost. Dagannoths are found within the basement. Good food and armour is suggested, as these dagannoths are aggressive, and the area is a multi-combat zone. Grab a rope and Glarial's amulet (not needed if Waterfall quest completed), and then use your games necklace to teleport back to the Barbarian Outpost. Travel south towards the Baxtorian Falls, board the log raft, use your rope on the rock and then on the dead tree, equip your amulet and enter the Waterfall Dungeon. Fire giants can be found in the north and north-west passages.
Tree Gnome Stronghold to Taverley[edit | edit source]
- Items: dusty key, anti-dragon shield.
- Travel method: Travel to the Gnome Stronghold, either via Spirit Tree, gnome glider, slayer ring or a Royal seed pod. Terrorbirds can be found within the stronghold in large numbers. Travel to the terrorbird pen to the south-west (across the bridge, near a tree icon). The mounted terrorbird gnomes sauntering throughout the area will not drop the bone. Killing a terrorbird in the pen is an easy task in the Western Provinces Achievement Diary. Use the gnome glider to travel to the Wolf Mountain, and walk east towards Taverley. You may also use a games necklace to teleport to the Burthorpe Games Room, for quicker transportation. Baby blue dragons are found in the Taverley Dungeon, past the scorpions, chaos dwarves and lesser demons, or past the pipe near the entrance (requires 70 Agility). Reminder: bring the dusty key, if below 70 Agility as it will be required to unlock the gate leading to the blue dragon area. Bringing an anti-dragon shield or anti-fire potions is advisable, as the mothers are in proximity and may attack the player.
Trollheim[edit | edit source]
Without Trollheim Teleport
The easiest other area to find trolls is by the entrance to Keldagrim. It is located close to a fairy ring (code: DKS). Simply walk there from Rellekka if fairy rings are not an option. The trolls are located just south of the entrance. Mountain trolls work just fine.
Lumbridge[edit | edit source]
- Items: Light source (preferably lanterns), Spiny helmet (or Slayer helmet) (optional)
- Travel method: Home teleport to Lumbridge. With a lantern, climb through the hole in the kitchen's cellar, and walk south and squeeze through the other hole. Go south towards the area full of rockslugs; then, head east towards the goblins. Cave goblins are found at the far east of the Lumbridge Swamp Caves. You may also take the entrance in the main spot and find them, although you'll need a Spiny helmet. By following Kazgar in the hole in Lumbridge Cellar, you will get near the entrance of Dorgesh-Kaan, where Cave goblin miners and Cave goblin guards will also drop the skull.
Varrock[edit | edit source]
- Items: Varrock teleport (or Digsite pendant)
- Travel method: Teleport to Varrock, and walk north-east. Bats are flapping about right by the Odd Old Man.
Polishing the bones[edit | edit source]
Note: You do not have to bring all the bones to the Odd Old Man at once.
Once you have collected the bones or while you are nearby collecting the bones, go to Draynor Village, and talk to Fortunato (found by the market square) there. He will be able to sell you some jugs of vinegar for 1 coin each. Note: Do not steal from the market stall or he will not talk to you for a while. After you buy 27 jugs of vinegar, talk to the Odd Old Man for further instructions.
- Use a jug of vinegar with a pot to get a pot of vinegar, and then use the bone with the pot of vinegar to get a bone in vinegar. Repeat for the remaining 26 bones.
- NOTE: Be careful that you do not accidentally "empty" a bone in vinegar, because if you do, you will lose the bone and have to collect that bone again.
- Go back to the old man taking the remaining 26 bones in vinegar, a tinderbox, and bring an axe; there are trees near the bottom of the stairs where logs can be cut.
- To polish the bones, use a log on the pot-boiler next to the Odd Old Man, and then use a bone in vinegar on the pot boiler, and finally use your tinderbox to light it (you will not receive XP for lighting logs).
- NOTE: Hop worlds after lighting the logs for them to be finished when you log back in, or wait 12 seconds for each pot to boil.
- Repeat this for the remaining 26 bones.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the Odd Old Man to give him the bones and get your reward.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest Quest point
- 5,000 Prayer experience
- Choice of either bonesack or ram skull helm, players can switch at any time by returning to the Odd Old Man
Changes[edit | edit source]
|27 February 2014
(update | poll)
|The bunnies south-east of Rellekka can now drop the rabbit bone required for the Odd Old Man's list.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While waiting to clean bones, players may examine skeletons surrounding the Odd Old Man's house. One such skeleton states "What a waste of prayer xp".
- Rag and Bone Man II was formerly a miniquest named "Rag & Bone Wish List". As miniquests do not usually give quest points, it was renamed Rag and Bone Man II and reclassified as a quest in an update on 17 August 2017.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 21 Mar 2019. Mod Ash: "The initial quest ones are guaranteed drops. The longer wish-list is 1/4."