Rag and Bone Man II/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to the Odd Old Man, located at the end of the northern path in central Silvarea.|
|Description||An archeological bone gathering quest. Requires the start and/or completion of multiple quests. Lots of creatures and animals necessary to be scavenged for specific bones, that will then need to be cleaned and given to the Odd Old Man for his marvelous collection of bone remains.|
|Enemies to defeat||Several (27): see below.|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Gathering the bones[edit | edit source]
- Gather the following bones by killing the appropriate monsters (listed locations are the most convenient ones):
|Monster||Drops||Locations (preferable) - Click to mark|
|Bat||Bat wing||Near the Odd Old Man (giant bats do not drop Bat wings).|
|Undead cow||Undead cow ribs||In the farm north-west of Port Phasmatys.|
|Experiment||Experiment bone||Under the grave south-east of Fenkenstrain's Castle (requires partial completion of Creature of Fenkenstrain), manhole east of Taverley POH or level-109 mice (requires partial completion of Grim Tales).|
|Werewolf||Werewolf bone||Canifis (can only be dropped by the werewolf form of the Canifis citizens).|
|Ghoul||Ghoul bone||Canifis graveyard (between Canifis and Paterdomus Temple, near fairy ring CKS).|
|Zombie||Zombie bone||Varrock Sewers, Edgeville Dungeon, Draynor Sewers (cannot be obtained in the Stronghold of Security).|
|Rat||Rat bone||Varrock Sewers, Lumbridge Castle, Draynor Sewers (giant rats do not drop).|
|Moss giant||Moss giant bone||Varrock Sewers, west of the Fishing Guild, Crandor, Moss Giant Island west of Brimhaven (requires 10 Agility), Brimhaven Dungeon (Requires axe, and 875gp).|
|Cave goblin (monster)||Cave goblin skull||Lumbridge Swamp Caves, Dorgesh-Kaan mines.|
|Jackal||Jackal bone||North of Nardah and south-west of Ruins of Uzer (directly south-west of fairy ring DLQ); also found at the same location as the vultures, north-west of Agility Pyramid).|
|Lizard||Desert lizard bone||North of Nardah and south-west of Ruins of Uzer in the Kharidian Desert (north of fairy ring DLQ) (marked on map). You must kill level 42 Lizard (greyish skin) (requires ice coolers). It is NOT dropped by the level 24 desert lizard.|
|Vulture||Vulture wing||South-west of Nardah and north-west of Agility Pyramid in the Kharidian Desert (marked on map) (bring Ranged/Magic or hop worlds until you find a non-flying one).|
|Seagull||Seagull wing||Port Sarim docks, Corsair Cove|
|Ice giant||Ice giant ribs||Asgarnian Ice Dungeon Fairy ring A I Q dungeon entrance is north, White Wolf Mountain (bring a pickaxe to clear rockslide on mountain).|
|Mogre||Mogre bone||Mudskipper Point by fairy ring AIQ (use fishing explosive on "Ominous Fishing Spot") (requires full completion of Skippy and the Mogres miniquest).|
|Snake||Snake spine||Snakes all over Karamja, desert snakes close to the jackals in the Kharidian Desert, Ardougne Zoo next to the Jogres (with Telekinetic Grab).|
|Jogre||Jogre bone||Pothole Dungeon in northern Karamja near the sea, near the glider (fairy ring DKP), Ardougne Zoo (with Telekinetic Grab) (make sure you pick up the Jogre bone, not the Jogre bones).|
|Baby blue dragon||Baby dragon bone||Taverley Dungeon, Myths' Guild Dungeon|
|Troll||Troll bone||Trollheim (especially the western part of it), Keldagrim entrance, Death Plateau in Burthorpe, Troll Country.|
|Rabbit/Bunny||Rabbit bone||South-east of Rellekka and north-west of fairy ring AJR (marked by rare trees icon), Miscellania, Tirannwn, Nature altar (with Telegrab).|
|Basilisk||Basilisk bone||Fremennik Slayer Dungeon (fairy ring AJR).|
|Dagannoth||Dagannoth ribs||Basement level of the Lighthouse by fairy ring ALP (requires full completion of Horror from the Deep), Waterbirth Island (cannot be obtained in Catacombs of Kourend).|
|Fire giant||Fire giant bone||Waterfall Dungeon (requires partial completion of Waterfall Quest, rope), Brimhaven Dungeon (Requires axe, 875gp and 12 Agility) (cannot be obtained in Nieve's Slayer Stronghold).|
|Terrorbird||Terrorbird wing||Tree Gnome Stronghold (there is a terrorbird pen on the west side of the Gnome Stronghold across the river) (mounted terrorbird gnomes do not drop the bone.)|
|Wolf||Wolf bone||Feldip Hills (just east of fairy ring AKS), Rellekka, Ardougne Zoo (with Telekinetic Grab) (cannot be obtained in Stronghold of Security).|
|Ogre||Ogre ribs||Feldip Hills (just north of fairy ring AKS).|
|Zogre||Zogre bone||Jiggig, east of fairy ring BKP (requires start of Zogre Flesh Eaters). (Ogre bow/Comp ogre bow with brutal arrows or Crumble Undead casts are a must).|
Polishing the bones[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Fortunato located in Draynor marketplace and buy 27 jug of vinegar.
- Use all of the jugs of vinegar with all the pots to make 27 pots of vinegar.
- Use all of the bones with your pots of vinegar to get 27 bones in vinegar.
- Withdraw a tinderbox and either logs or an axe. Each bones in vinegar will require 1 set of logs. There are trees nearby that can be cut for logs.
- Return back to the Odd Old Man and talk to him.
- For each bone in vinegar do the following:
- Place a set of logs on the pot-boiler next to the old man.
- Use a bone in vinegar with the pot-boiler.
- Light the set of logs with your tinderbox.
- Wait 12 seconds until the fire is consumed and remove the pot from the pot-boiler. (Alternatively, hop worlds after lighting the logs for them to be finished when you log back in)
- Talk to the Odd Old Man.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 5,000 experience
- Choice of either bonesack, ram skull helm or both. Players can switch at any time by returning to the Odd Old Man
Changes[edit | edit source]
|27 February 2014
(update | poll)
|The bunnies south-east of Rellekka can now drop the rabbit bone required for the Odd Old Man's list.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While waiting to clean bones, players may examine skeletons surrounding the Odd Old Man's house. One such skeleton states "What a waste of prayer xp".
- Rag and Bone Man II was formerly a miniquest named "Rag & Bone Wish List". As miniquests do not usually give quest points, it was renamed Rag and Bone Man II and reclassified as a quest in an update on 17 August 2017.