Rare drop table
The rare drop table or RDT refers to two special drop tables of items. When slain, some monsters have a chance to give loot from one of the rare drop tables instead of loot from their own unique drop table. This chance usually ranges from 1/16 to 1/64. The rare drop table is shared by many monsters - examples are chaos druids, lesser demons, most Slayer monsters and the Kalphite Queen.
The rare drop table has three tables: the Standard rare drop table, the Gem drop table and the Mega-rare drop table. Most monsters roll the Gem drop table, whereas some higher-levelled monsters roll the Standard drop table. Both the Standard drop table and the Gem drop table have a chance at rolling the Mega-rare drop table.
The Mega-rare drop table contains mostly empty drops, but also the rune spear, dragon spear and shield left half.
It is possible to calculate the odds of a monster with access to the rare drop table dropping a specific item if the chance of them rolling the rare drop table is known. For example, fire giants have a 1/128 chance of rolling the rare drop table and the chance of a dragon med helm from the rare drop table is 1/128; this effectively means fire giants have a 1/16,384 chance of dropping a dragon med helm.
Some monsters will have their rare drop table drops appear on an adjacent tile to the rest of the loot pile when the rare drop table is rolled. This can help the player distinguish if the drop came from the rare drop table or their standard drop table, if both tables share some of the same drops.
Free-to-play players have very limited access to the rare drop table; they can only get uncut gems.
Talisman[edit | edit source]
Depending on the monster, when the Gem drop table or Standard rare drop table is rolled, the monster will drop either a Chaos talisman or Nature talisman. Some monsters can drop either talisman if they have access to both tables, such as fire giants.
Gem Drop Table[edit | edit source]
Many low-levelled monsters roll the Gem drop table. The Gem drop table has a very small chance of accessing the Mega-rare drop table provided Legends Quest has been completed. Wearing a Ring of wealth will remove all empty slots from the table.
At current prices, the expected value of a drop is approximately 534.3, or 1,478.91 with a Ring of wealth.
(32/128; 32/65)[A 1]
(16/128; 16/65)[A 1]
(8/128; 8/65)[A 1]
(3/128; 3/65)[A 1]
(2/128; 2/65)[A 1]
(1/128; 1/65)[A 1]
|Loop half of key||1||Rare|
(1/128; 1/65)[A 1]
|Tooth half of key||1||Rare|
(1/128; 1/65)[A 1]
|Rune spear||1||Very rare|
(1/2,048; 1/121.88)[A 1][A 2]
|Shield left half||1||Very rare|
(1/4,096; 1/243.75)[A 1][A 2]
|Dragon spear||1||Very rare|
(1/5,461.33; 1/325)[A 1][A 2]
Dropping monsters[edit | edit source]
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Gorak 145 1 Always Abhorrent spectre 253 1 Common (3x5/128) Shadow warrior 48 1 Common (1/16) Ice troll runt 74 1 Uncommon (5/128) Gargoyle 111 1 Uncommon (5/128) Gorak 149 1 Uncommon (5/128) Aberrant spectre 96 1 Uncommon (5/128) Steel dragon 246; 274 1 Uncommon (1/32) Commander Zilyana 596 1 Uncommon (2/127) Sand crab 15 1 Uncommon Hobgoblin 28–47 1 Uncommon Minotaur 12; 27 1 Rare
Standard Rare Drop Table[edit | edit source]
The Standard rare drop table tends to be dropped by higher-levelled monsters. It has a higher chance of accessing the Mega-rare drop table. It is considered to be the main drop table. It contains 128 slots. Note that within these slots, the Gem table has a weight of 20/128, and the Mega-Rare table has a weight of 15/128.
At current prices, the expected value of a drop is approximately 8,063.91.
Runes/Ammunition[edit | edit source]
|Rune javelin||5||Rare(1/819.2; 1/416)[B 1]||860||1,200|
Gems[edit | edit source]
|Uncut sapphire||1||Uncommon(5/128; 9.85/128)[B 1]||487||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||Uncommon(2.5/128; 4.92/128)[B 1]||684||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||Rare(1.25/128; 2.46/128)[B 1]||1,339||60|
|Uncut diamond||1||Rare(1/409.6; 1/208)[B 1]||2,932||120|
Equipment[edit | edit source]
|Rune 2h sword||1||Uncommon(3/128)||37,773||38,400|
|Rune sq shield||1||Uncommon(2/128)||22,468||23,040|
|Dragon med helm||1||Rare(1/128)||59,134||60,000|
|Rune spear||1||Rare(1/135.13; 1/15.68)[B 2]||11,987||12,480|
|Shield left half||1||Rare(1/270.25; 1/31.36)[B 2]||65,535||66,000|
|Dragon spear||1||Rare(1/360.34; 1/41.81)[B 2]||37,759||37,440|
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
|Loop half of key||1||Common(20.16/128; 20.31/128)[B 3]||9,643||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||Common(19.16/128; 19.31/128)[B 3]||9,770||60|
|Silver ore||100 (noted)||Uncommon(2/128)||5,400||4,500|
(1/273.07; 1/138.67)[B 1]
- This item is dropped from the Gem drop table. The drop rate is increased when wearing a Ring of wealth.
- This item is dropped from the Mega-rare drop table. The drop rate is increased when wearing a Ring of wealth.
- This item is part of the standard Rare drop table and the Gem drop table. The drop rate is slightly increased when wearing a Ring of wealth.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 14 Feb 2018. Mod Ash: "Well, those have a 5/128 chance of calling the gem table, which is what can lead to the rare list with the shield half on it. I think quite a lot of low-level things have chances under 5/128 of calling the gem table. Hobgoblins, etc."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 31 May 2018. Mod Ash: "The gem table gives a chaos talisman in some places and nature talisman in others. Overground areas tend to be the nature talisman."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 24 Apr 2019. Mod Ash: "While the gem table will only give a chance of jumping to that special table (containing the three items you name) if you have done Legends' Quest, other monsters can jump to that table without any quest checks being performed."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 26 Jan 2019. Mod Ash: "On the gem table, it removes the 63 empty slots, turning a 1/128 chance of moving to the megarare list into a 1/65 chance. On the "megarare" table, it removes the 113 empty slots, turning a 4/128 chance of a dragon shield half into a 4/15 chance. That's a big improvement."
- Envision. "Spoilers Drop Rates V2." 22 Apr 2014. RuneScape Forums.