|Released||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Examine||I should try cooking this.|
|High alch||6 coins|
|Low alch||4 coins|
|Exchange||47 coins (info)|
Raw cod is a fish that can be caught with a big fishing net at any Net/Harpoon fishing spot. It requires a Fishing level of 23 to catch and grants 45 fishing experience per catch. It can be cooked into cod with level 18 cooking. The most common spot to fish cod is Catherby.
Fishing info[edit | edit source]
|Fishing XP||45 xp|
|Fishing spot||Fishing spot (big net, harpoon)|
|Required tool||Big fishing net|
Fishing chance[edit | edit source]
Fishing locations[edit | edit source]
There are 8 fishing locations at which cod can be caught:
- Catherby beach: A popular spot that's close to a bank.
- Fishing Guild: The closest spot to a bank, with a fishing shop in the area as well as a spawn of a harpoon and a big net. It is usually recommended because it is close to the bank and there are a lot of fishing spots.
- Rellekka: This location isn't very useful.
- Burgh de Rott: Requires In Aid of the Myreque. There is a bank in Burgh de Rott not too far from these spots. This area is notable for its especially high density of Net/Harpoon spots—there are a lot of them very close together, so not a lot of running around is needed to get from one spot to another.
- Isafdar: Requires Regicide. As with the Net/Bait spots here, this area is too far from a bank to be practical.
- Jatizso: Requires The Fremennik Isles. Just like the Cage/Harpoon spots, the Net/Harpoon spots here are very close to a bank and excellent for players who don't like a lot of company when they fish.
- Ape Atoll: Requires Monkey Madness I. There is a fishing spot located near the agility course and another on the south-west side of the island. There's no bank on the whole island, and players can only fish when they are in human form, which means the monsters on the island will become aggressive unless Monkey Madness II has also been completed. Because of this, it is not an effective place to fish.
- West of the Fishing guild. There are several fishing spots where one can fish for sharks or fish that may be caught with big fishing nets.
Products[edit | edit source]
Item sources[edit | edit source]
|Fishing spot (big net, harpoon)||16||1||Common|
Shop locations[edit | edit source]
|Frankie's Fishing Emporium (0% favour)||Port Piscarilius||0||11m||20||5|
|Frankie's Fishing Emporium (25% favour)||Port Piscarilius||0||11m||15||6|
|Fremennik Fish Monger||Rellekka||0||11m||13||7|
|Warrens Fish Monger||The Warrens||0||11m||13||7|
|Frankie's Fishing Emporium (50% favour)||Port Piscarilius||25||11m||12||7|
|Two Feet Charley's Fish Shop.||Mos Le'Harmless||6||11m||10||6|
|Frankie's Fishing Emporium (75% favour)||Port Piscarilius||50||11m||10||8|
|Fishing Guild Shop.||Fishing Guild||0||3m||10||7|
|Harry's Fishing Shop.||Catherby||0||11m||10||7|
|Frankie's Fishing Emporium (100% favour)||Port Piscarilius||100||11m||10||9|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|20 September 2018
The value was changed from 25 to 10.
|26 March 2015
Raw cod is no longer a F2P item.
|26 February 2015
The item was made available to free-to-play players.
|Chambers of Xeric|
|Ruins of Camdozaal|