|Released||11 June 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||I should try cooking this.|
|High alch||6 coins|
|Low alch||4 coins|
|Exchange||71 coins (info)|
Raw herring is an item that is obtained through the Fishing skill by using a fishing rod with fishing bait on a net/bait fishing spot using the bait option. Herrings can only be caught in fishing spots by the sea. Catching a raw herring grants 30 Fishing experience. It can be cooked into herring with a Cooking level of 5, granting 50 Cooking experience.
River fishing spots do not provide raw herring.
Fishing[edit | edit source]
|Fishing XP||30 xp|
|Fishing spot||Fishing spot (small net, bait)|
|Required tool||Fishing rod|
Fishing chance[edit | edit source]
Fishing locations[edit | edit source]
- Lumbridge Swamp: East coast
- Draynor Village: South-west of Draynor Village bank.
- Al Kharid: South of Al Kharid bank.
- Mudskipper Point: South of Port Sarim, dotting the western shore of the peninsula, located behind the church and near Thurgo's shack.
- Karamja: North-east Karamja.
- Wilderness Bandit Camp: The small pond.
- Catherby beach: On the beach, south-east of the bank.
- Entrana: Platform to the south-east.
- Feldip Hills: West of the hunter area.
- Fishing Platform: Various spots.
- Rellekka: The port just north from Peer the Seer, north-west of the fishing stall.
Products[edit | edit source]
Item sources[edit | edit source]
|Dagannoth||74; 92; 100||3||4/128|
|Fishing spot (small net, bait)||10||1||Common|
|Reward pool 35–39 Fishing||N/A||30–40 (noted)||900/6,400|
Spawns[edit | edit source]
|Weiss - south-western building||1||Maplink|
Shop locations[edit | edit source]
|Frankie's Fishing Emporium (0% favour)||Port Piscarilius||0||9m||20||5|
|Frankie's Fishing Emporium (25% favour)||Port Piscarilius||25||9m||15||6|
|Fremennik Fish Monger||Rellekka||0||9m||13||7|
|Warrens Fish Monger||The Warrens||0||9m||13||7|
|Frankie's Fishing Emporium (50% favour)||Port Piscarilius||50||9m||12||7|
|Gerrant's Fishy Business.||Port Sarim||0||9m||10||7|
|Two Feet Charley's Fish Shop.||Mos Le'Harmless||7||9m||10||6|
|Frankie's Fishing Emporium (75% favour)||Port Piscarilius||100||9m||10||8|
|Harry's Fishing Shop.||Catherby||0||9m||10||7|
|Frankie's Fishing Emporium (100% favour)||Port Piscarilius||250||9m||10||9|
|Ishmael's Fish He Sells||Ruins of Unkah||0||9m||10||7|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|20 September 2018
The value was changed from 15 to 10.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- One of RuneScape's Monty Python references is revealed if players use a herring (cooked or raw) with any tree in RuneScape (except the one outside the Draynor Village bank, in which the security guard is hiding). The chatbox will state This is not the mightiest tree in the forest, in reference to one of the lines in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- If used with a redwood tree that has fully grown in the Farming Guild, the chatbox will state This is not the mightiest tree in the forest; it is fairly mighty though.
- If used with the Grand Tree, the chatbox will state It can't be done! in reference to another line in the movie.
- If used with the blisterwood tree, the chatbox will state This is indeed a mighty tree. But alas, it is not the mightiest tree in the forest.
- The Christmas Tree (as of 2020) message is indeterminable, the chatbox may state: I can't reach that! or have no message at all where the player may step towards the tree and step back again.
|Chambers of Xeric|