|Released||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Examine||I should try cooking this.|
|High alch||9 coins|
|Low alch||6 coins|
|Exchange||50 coins (info)|
Raw mackerel is a fish that can be caught with a big net at any big net fishing spot. It requires a Fishing level of 16 to catch and can be cooked into mackerel with level 10 cooking. The most common spot to fish mackerel is Catherby. There's a possibility that 10 raw mackerel will be required for a part in the quest In Aid of the Myreque.
Fishing info[edit | edit source]
|Fishing XP||20 xp|
|Fishing spot||Fishing spot (big net, harpoon)|
|Required tool||Big fishing net|
Fishing chance[edit | edit source]
Players get two independent rolls at the probability shown below.
Fishing locations[edit | edit source]
There are only eight fishing locations at which mackerel can be caught:
- Catherby beach: A popular spot that's close to a bank.
- Fishing Guild: The closest spot to a bank, with a fishing shop in the area as well as a spawn of a harpoon and a big net. It is usually recommended because it is close to the bank and there are a lot of fishing spots.
- Rellekka: This location isn't very useful.
- Burgh de Rott: Requires In Aid of the Myreque. There is a bank in Burgh de Rott not too far from these spots. This area is notable for its especially high density of Net/Harpoon spots—there are a lot of them very close together, so not a lot of running around is needed to get from one spot to another.
- Isafdar: Requires Regicide. As with the Net/Bait spots here, this area is too far from a bank to be practical.
- Jatizso: Requires The Fremennik Isles. Just like the Cage/Harpoon spots, the Net/Harpoon spots here are very close to a bank and excellent for players who don't like a lot of company when they fish.
- Feldip Hills: There are aggressive enemies nearby, but fishing here is not as inconvenient as it used to be.
- Ape Atoll: Requires Monkey Madness I. There is a fishing spot located near the agility course and another on the south-west side of the island. There's no bank on the whole island, and players can only fish when they are in human form, which means the monsters on the island will become aggressive. Because of this, it's not an effective place to fish.
- Land's End: There are several fishing spots north-west from the dock. With a bank arguably even closer than Catherby, while also offering the same types of catchable fish, it can be a good place to use.
Products[edit | edit source]
Item sources[edit | edit source]
|Arrg Normal||113||3 (noted)||2/128|
|Fishing spot (big net, harpoon)||16||1–2||Common|
|Ice troll female Variant 2||3 (noted)||2/128|
|Ice troll male Variant 2||3 (noted)||2/128|
|Ice troll runt Variant 2||74||3 (noted)||2/128|
|Mountain troll||69; 71||3 (noted)||2/128|
|Reward pool 35–39 Fishing||N/A||20–30 (noted)||810/6,400|
|Reward pool 40–44 Fishing||N/A||30–40 (noted)||900/6,400|
|Thrower Troll||67||3 (noted)||2/128|
|Troll spectator||71||3 (noted)||2/128|
Shop locations[edit | edit source]
|Frankie's Fishing Emporium (0% favour)||Port Piscarilius||0||10m||30||7|
|Frankie's Fishing Emporium (25% favour)||Port Piscarilius||25||10m||22||9|
|Fremennik Fish Monger||Rellekka||0||10m||19||10|
|Aurel's Supplies||Burgh de Rott||10||1m||19||6|
|Warrens Fish Monger||The Warrens||0||10m||19||10|
|Frankie's Fishing Emporium (50% favour)||Port Piscarilius||50||10m||18||11|
|Harry's Fishing Shop.||Catherby||0||10m||15||10|
|Fishing Guild Shop.||Fishing Guild||0||6m||15||10|
|Two Feet Charley's Fish Shop.||Mos Le'Harmless||7||10m||15||9|
|Frankie's Fishing Emporium (75% favour)||Port Piscarilius||100||10m||15||12|
|Frankie's Fishing Emporium (100% favour)||Port Piscarilius||250||10m||15||14|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|20 September 2018
The value was changed from 25 to 15.
|Chambers of Xeric|