|Released||11 June 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||I should try cooking this.|
|High alch||18 coins|
|Low alch||12 coins|
|Exchange||43 coins (info)|
Raw salmon are fish that can be caught with a Fishing level of 30, granting 70 Fishing experience per catch. It can be cooked into salmon with a Cooking level of 25. Players will stop burning salmon unaided at a Cooking level of 58 or 55 when using the Lumbridge Castle range. Successfully cooking a salmon yields 90 Cooking experience. Raw salmon are caught through fly fishing, which requires a Fishing level of 30, a fly fishing rod, and feathers. The fish are caught with the lure option at Lure/Bait fishing spots found in rivers. When fly fishing, the ratio of trout caught to salmon caught is approximately 3:2. Fly fishing trout and salmon is a very common way for players to train Fishing quickly.
Fishing[edit | edit source]
|Fishing XP||70 xp|
|Fishing spot||Rod Fishing spot (lure, bait)|
|Required tool||Fly fishing rod|
Fishing chance[edit | edit source]
Fishing locations[edit | edit source]
There are 18 fishing locations where salmon can be caught, of which are of note:
- Barbarian Village: On the west side of the River Lum. There are always two spots, spread between just north of the bridge and the small peninsula. There is a permanent fire, making it a crowded training location. This is the closest fly fishing spot to a bank in free to play, with the Edgeville bank close by.
- Lumbridge: There are spots on the east side of the River Lum. Like in Barbarian village, the fishing locations are grouped into two areas. A shop to sell catches to is nearby. The nearest bank is located in Lumbridge Castle. Dead trees are very common here for making fires, or the Lumbridge range can be used, which decreases the burn chance by 10%.
- Shilo Village: Requires Shilo Village quest. This is the closest fly-fishing spot to a bank and there is a fishing shop in-town. The fishing spots, however, are far apart from each other.
- Between Seers' Village & Sinclair Mansion: This spot is fairly close to a bank.
- Entrana: In Port Sarim there is a deposit box by the monks who check the player for prohibited items before entering Entrana. Use of this makes Entrana a much more accessible place for fishing. There is a range nearby for easy and fast cooking experience.
- Tree Gnome Stronghold: Located in the south-western corner of the stronghold near Brimstail's cave and the Terrorbird pen, this area is close to a bank.
- East Ardougne: Just north of town are two fishing spots. There is a bank located just across the river. It is a short walk if you have 33 Agility and can use the log shortcut.
- Observatory: Not too far north of Castle Wars, this spot is far enough from a bank to be less than optimal.
- Isafdar: Requires Regicide. The only bank that is remotely close requires passing through traps that can heavily damage players. Unlike other locations, the fishing spots here will not move around.
- River west of Fishing Guild: This spot is not near a bank, but there is a wandering merchant, Rasolo, just north of the area who will buy players' fish. This experience is faster than that provided by Shilo Village, but players cannot bank their fish, although the gold from the fish that is sold cancels out the cost of feathers. This is the recommended area to fly fish if players are solely interested in experience.
Products[edit | edit source]
Item sources[edit | edit source]
|Reward pool 35–39 Fishing||N/A||7–12 (noted)||630/6,400|
|Reward pool 40–45 Fishing||N/A||10–20 (noted)||720/6,400|
|Reward pool 46–49 Fishing||N/A||20–30 (noted)||810/6,400|
|Reward pool 50–75 Fishing||N/A||30–40 (noted)||900/6,400|
|Rod Fishing spot (lure, bait)||20||1||Common|
|Supply crate||N/A||6–11 (noted)||Varies|
Shop locations[edit | edit source]
|Rufus' Meat Emporium||Canifis||5||5m||39||21||3.0%|
|Fremennik Fish Monger||Rellekka||0||21m||39||21||3.0%|
|Warrens Fish Monger||The Warrens||0||21m||39||21||3.0%|
|Fernahei's Fishing Hut. (Karamja gloves)||Shilo Village||0||21m||30||24||1.0%|
|Ishmael's Fish He Sells||Ruins of Unkah||0||21m||30||21||1.0%|
|Gerrant's Fishy Business.||Port Sarim||0||21m||30||21||1.0%|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|20 September 2018
The value was changed from 50 to 30 so that it would appear below more valuable items when on the ground.
Gallery (historical)[edit | edit source]
|March-May 2004 –|
|Chambers of Xeric|
|Ruins of Camdozaal|