Recipe for Disaster
For a full list of all subquests, see the Full guide.
|Recipe for Disaster (#100)|
|Release date||15 March 2006 (Update)|
|Developer||James B (framework)|
Recipe for Disaster is the 100th quest released by Jagex, being a sequel to the Cook's Assistant quest. It is composed of 10 subquests. The subquests range in difficulty from easy to very hard. It is intended to be a quest which nearly any member can start, but which only the most accomplished and willing players can complete.
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to the Cook in Lumbridge Castle.|
|Description||The cook in Lumbridge has a surprisingly small number of ingredients to hand in his kitchen, possibly as a result of an endless stream of newcomers with light fingers, taking anything that isn't nailed down from his kitchen.
Luckily, in the past, a kind Cook's Assistant was willing to help him in his culinary duties, but a problem has now appeared that could spell... a Recipe For Disaster!
Almost all members may attempt to solve his tricky predicament, and be rewarded accordingly, but only the very elite of Questers will be able to put an end to his problem permanently!
|Enemies to defeat||
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Another Cook's Quest[edit | edit source]
The cook is preparing for a party in Lumbridge. He tells the player that a hundred years ago, a very important meeting was held in Lumbridge. Supposedly his ancestor, Franizzard Van Lumbcook, cooked such an amazing banquet for the occasion that he was offered a job as head cook, along with all his descendants, for life.
This big, important meeting is held in Lumbridge every ten years and today is the 10th meeting. As he cannot think of a brilliant dish himself, he intends to use his ancestor's recipe for the feast. However, he needs help gathering the ingredients, again. Gather the ingredients and complete the subquest to receive an invitation to The Feast.
The Feast[edit | edit source]
Enter the doors to the dining room to begin the feast. The members of the Lumbridge council are gathered at the table:
- a Mountain Dwarf from White Wolf Mountain
- Osman from Al Kharid
- the goblin generals from Goblin Village
- Pirate Pete from Braindeath Island
- the Lumbridge Guide
- Evil Dave from Edgeville
- Skrach Uglogwee from the Feldip Hills
- Sir Amik Varze from Falador
- Awowogei from Ape Atoll
- Duke Horacio himself
- Gypsy Aris from Varrock, who is arriving late.
Right before you enter, the Duke will get the strange box event and will leave the room to fiddle with it, and Osman will get taken away by Evil Bob. At this point, you will enter the room. A short while later, the Culinaromancer crashes the party and starts to attack everyone at the dining table with magic spells. Luckily, Gypsy Aris will show up and freeze everyone in time (except the player and herself).
Freeing council members[edit | edit source]
The Gypsy explains that the Culinaromancer was a cook in Lumbridge a hundred years ago and had threatened the secret council with death, only to be thwarted by the Duke's assistant, who managed to trap him in another dimension. This assistant was the cook's ancestor, and was made head cook for life.
The current head cook, whom you helped build the feast, apparently created a powerful food-magic, which released the Culinaromancer from his prison. Seeing him, the Gypsy casts the aforementioned spell, so that you both can protect the council from the Culinaromancer's attacks. While she can easily seal the Culinaromancer in a heartbeat, due to the fact you caused the Culinaromancer to awaken she holds you responsible and sends you to save them as the magic is causing a temporal paradox that could destroy the known reality with the magic.
After the feast, you will be able to enter and exit the dining hall at will. However, the room will be in a dormant state. To release each member of the council from the Culinaromancer's spell, you must feed each of them their favourite food. The Gypsy and Cook will both be there to help you. You can complete these subquests in any order, and start as many of them at a time as you want.
After you give each member their favourite dish, Gypsy teleports them away to safety and tells you how many more council members are left. Each subquest gives 1 quest point and some access to the Culinaromancer's Chest, as well as additional rewards such as items or lamps of experience.
|Freeing the Mountain Dwarf|
|Freeing the Goblin Generals||
|Freeing Pirate Pete|
|Freeing the Lumbridge Guide|
|Freeing Evil Dave|
|Freeing King Awowogei|
|Freeing Sir Amik Varze||
|Freeing Skrach Uglogwee||
Defeating the Culinaromancer[edit | edit source]
After saving the final member of the Secret Council, the Culinaromancer will retreat through a portal back into his own dimension. Gypsy Aris tells you to go through the portal to finish him off before he causes more trouble.
You can leave and stock up after defeating one boss without losing your place in the fight. Items cannot be retrieved if you die or drop them here! Prayer also cannot be used during any of the fights.
|Defeating the Culinaromancer|
Rewards[edit | edit source]
If you have completed all 10 subquests for "Recipe for Disaster", you will have received the following:
- 10 Quest points
- An experience lamp, which grants 20,000 experience to any skill above 50 (can be banked for later use)
- Access to the following areas:
- Ability to dive for crabs
- Ability to cook crab meat
- Ability to catch Hell-Rats
- Ability to own a hellcat
- Ability to add coloured spices to stews of any sort
- Ability to use the boat trip to travel between Karamja and Feldip Hills
- Ape Atoll Teleport spell
- Full access to Culinaromancer's Chest
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When the player is informed of the universe, he exclaims, "Not the universe! That's where I keep all my stuff." This is a reference to the animated television series The Tick.
- Originally, there was yet another subquest to complete involving Osman, however, due to delays in this subquest, it was not released.
- The three monkeys during Awowogei's part is a reference to the three wise monkeys (さんびきのさる sanbikinosaru), who see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil.
- Before the release of Grim Tales, this quest had the highest requirement, with 70 Cooking.
- Culinomancer shouts "I'LL BE BACK!" after the player has set free all the guests. This is a reference to Arnold Schwarzenegger's famous catch phrase in the Terminator series.