Recipe for Disaster/Freeing Pirate Pete/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Inspect Pirate Pete.|
|Description||Pirate Pete needs a fishcake to be protected. Talk to the Lumbridge Cook to learn how to make one.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting off[edit | edit source]
- Inspect Pirate Pete.
- Talk to the cook in the next room about protecting the pirate.
- Go through all 5 chat options.
- Use your pestle and mortar on the raw cod.
- Use your knife on the bread to make breadcrumbs.
- Talk to Murphy in Port Khazard. (Fishing Trawler minigame teleport is the easiest way to get there - requires 15 Fishing)
- Talk to Murphy again.
Under the Sea[edit | edit source]
Note: Before diving your weight must be under 27 kg and you must have at least 7 free inventory spaces (10 recommended). Paired with pieces of the Graceful outfit, you can easily match this weight while still bringing a weapon and armour such as the Varrock armour from the easy Varrock Diary, which weighs 1 kg. You also cannot go underwater with a pet following you or in your inventory. You may also wish to acquire multiple ingredients in case the fishcake is burnt.
- Equip your fishbowl helmet and diving apparatus, Bring the needle and three bronze wire. Agree to go diving.
- Pick some kelp. (It's highly recommended to pick at least 3 kelp as the fishcake can burn).
- If you don't have at least 5 inventory spaces, skip this until leaving as you must gather 5 hide.
- Go north and talk to Nung.
- Go west and pick up 5 rocks, then enter the cave.
- Kill 5 mudskippers (level 30/31) for 5 hides.
- You can give the hide in more than one trip
- Talk to Nung twice.
- Enter the crab pen, kill a crab and take its meat. (It's highly recommended to get at least 3 Crab meat as the fishcake can burn).
- Grind the kelp and crab meat with a pestle and mortar.
- Teleport away, or go south and climb the anchor
- Talk to the Cook in Lumbridge about freeing the pirate again.
- Use the ingredients on each other then cook the fishcake.
- Give the fishcake to Pirate Pete in Lumbridge.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 1,000 Cooking experience
- 1,000 Crafting experience
- 1,000 Fishing experience
- 1,000 Smithing experience
- The ability to go diving and fight crabs (you need your diving apparatus)
- The ability to cook crab meat (heals 10 hitpoints in 5 bites)
- The ability to kill crabs to get their shells and claws, which can be made into a helmet and gloves with a chisel
- Further access to the Culinaromancer's Chest
|Subquest of Recipe for Disaster|