Recipe for Disaster/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to the Cook in Lumbridge Castle.|
|Description||The cook in Lumbridge has a surprisingly small number of ingredients on hand in his kitchen, possibly as a result of an endless stream of newcomers with light fingers, taking anything that isn't nailed down from his kitchen.
Luckily, in the past, a kind Cook's Assistant was willing to help him in his culinary duties, but a problem has now appeared that could spell... a Recipe For Disaster!Almost all members may attempt to solve his tricky predicament, and be rewarded accordingly, but only the very elite of Questers will be able to put an end to his problem permanently!
|Official length||Very long|
|Enemies to defeat||
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Note: Many cooking related item requirements can now be bought from the Culinaromancer's chest.
Subquests[edit | edit source]
The following may be completed in any order and unlock a tier of Culinaromancer's gloves equal to the amount of subquests completed
Items required: 316 Coins, a bucket of milk, a pot of flour, an egg, a bowl of water, gloves (ice gloves recommended), 4 Asgarnian ales. Completion of Fishing Contest. Recommended: 1 teleport to Camelot and 1 to Falador.
- Inspect the dwarf.
- Go to the Rising Sun Inn in Falador and talk to Emily or Kaylee. Pay her (Ring of Charos (a) persuades her for free) to learn how to make Asgoldian ale.
- Use coins on your Asgarnian ales.
- Go to the tunnel under White Wolf Mountain.
- Talk to "An old Dwarf" (Rohak) and give him Asgoldian ales until he agrees to make a dwarven rock cake.
- Talk to him 3 times and he will place a dwarven rock cake on the table. (His name will change to Rohak)
- If you have ice gloves, equip them and pick up the cake. Otherwise pick up the cake with regular gloves then kill an icefiend (at Ice Mountain) to cool the cake. If you forgot to use the ice gloves, you can drop the cake, equip your ice gloves, and pick the cake back up to cool it.
- Give the dwarven rock cake to the dwarf in Lumbridge.
- Inspect one of the goblin generals.
- Go to the Goblin Village and climb down the ladder in the north-east building.
- Talk to the Goblin Cook (Mudknuckles). , then talk to him again and give him the charcoal.
- Talk to the Goblin Cook again.
- Slice an orange and add blue, green, or purple dye.
- Use spice on a fishing bait.
- Use a bucket of water on bread.
- Talk to the Goblin Cook again.
- Give the slop of compromise to the generals in Lumbridge.
Note: Before diving your weight must be under 27 kg and you must have at least 7 free inventory spaces. You also cannot go underwater with a pet following you or in your inventory. You may also wish to acquire multiple ingredients in case the fishcake is burnt.
- Equip your fishbowl helmet and diving apparatus, agree to go diving.
- Pick some kelp.
- Go north and talk to Nung.
- Go west and pick up 5 rocks, then enter the cave.
- Kill 5 mudskippers (level 30/31) for 5 hides.
- Talk to Nung twice.
- Enter the crab pen, kill at least one crab and take its meat (acquire multiple in case the fishcake is burnt).
- Grind the kelp and crab meat.
- Talk to the Cook in Lumbridge about freeing the pirate again.
- Use the ingredients (ground cod, breadcrumbs, ground kelp and ground crab meat) on each other then cook the fishcake.
- Give the fishcake to Pirate Pete in Lumbridge.
- 1 Quest point
- 1,000 Cooking experience
- 1,000 Crafting experience
- 1,000 Fishing experience
- 1,000 Smithing experience
- The ability to go diving and fight crabs (you need your diving apparatus)
- The ability to cook crab meat (heals 10 hitpoints in 5 bites)
- The ability to kill crabs to get their shells and claws, which can be made into a helmet and gloves with a chisel
- (Further) access to the Culinaromancer's Chest
Items required: a bucket of milk, an egg, a pot of flour, a cake tin. Completion of Big Chompy Bird Hunting, Priest in Peril, Biohazard, Demon Slayer, Nature Spirit, The Restless Ghost, Witch's House, and Murder Mystery.
- Inspect the Lumbridge Guide.
- Talk to Wizard Traiborn on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the Wizards' Tower.
- Talk to him again to enchant the egg by identifying 3 mystery NPCs.
- Man with ponytail and book - Reldo
- Ghostly green woman - Velorina
- Man with desert robes and white beard - Ali Morrisane
- Elf - Islwyn
- Man with purple shirt - Unferth
- Man with brown vest - Professor Gronigen
- Woman with pink top - Gertrude
- Woman (green witch) - Hetty
- Man (hooded) - Pirate Pete
- Man with a crown - King Lathas
- Talk to him again to enchant the milk by answering trivia.
- Defence requirements to wear a Mystic hat - 20
- Ingredients in a cake - Flour, egg, milk
- Combat level of Goblins near Lumbridge - 2
- GP to bribe an Al Kharid gate guard - 10
- What doesn't lie between Morytania and Asgarnia - Keep Le Faye
- Gold ring is to 5 as a holy symbol is to - 16
- Glass vial is to 33 as a glass orb is to - 46
- Guild closest to Fishing Platform - Legends'
- Bar west of Pollnivneach - Bandit Camp
- The River Salve runs from - North to south
- I can hear howling in one direction and buzzing in the other—where am I? - Catherby
- If I'm going to need glass, first I will need - Sand, bucket, soda ash, glassblowing pipe
- Which tower is closest to the Crafting Guild - Dark Wizards' Tower
- Take the number of fire runes required to cast Fire Strike, and multiply by the number of air runes used to cast Wind Strike before adding the number of earth runes used to cast Earth Wave - 10
- Talk to him a third time to enchant the flour with a memory test.
- Take a screenshot of the items and then close the interface via the X button to answer the questions.
- Do not use the ESC key to close the interface as it will reset that portion of the test!
- Which item began with the letter 'm'? - Mind Talisman
- Which of the following items were NOT shown to you? - Trout
- How many weapons were you shown? - Three (Maple Longbow, Magic Shortbow and Black Longsword)
- How many types of rune were there? - Two (Fire Rune and Chaos Rune)
- Which items were amongst those you were shown? - Book of balance (noted as Guthix Prayer Book,) Magic Logs, Pike
- Use one of the ingredients on the cake tin, then cook the raw cake.
- Give the cake of guidance to the Lumbridge guide.
- Inspect Evil Dave
- Talk to Evil Dave in Edgeville (down the trapdoor).
- Talk to Doris upstairs.
- Use your cat to catch hell-rats (right-click chase on your cat). Using a fully grown cat is much more efficient, but using a kitten still works.
- Collect spices from hell-rats. There are 4 spices to collect: yellow, orange, red, brown. Collect at least 3 doses of each.
- Now find the perfectly spiced stew with the right quantity of all 4 colours of spice.
- Figure it out one colour at a time by adding different quantities of a colour and giving the stew to Evil Dave. When he says "…I think you've got the amount of one spice right…" you know the correct dose for that spice (be sure to finish the dialogue with Dave, otherwise you will not be able to give him the stew in Lumbridge).
- Start by adding 1 dose of a colour to a stew, and if that isn't right add 2 doses of that colour to a stew; if 1 or 2 doses are not right, you know 3 doses is the correct dose for that colour.
- Give Evil Dave the completed stew, then give him that spicy stew in Lumbridge.
Items required: Any log, Any axe, ball of wool, any pickaxe, 1+ raw chompy, an iron spit, a tinderbox, ogre bellows and an ogre bow with ogre arrows. 20 Firemaking and 41 Cooking required. Completion of Big Chompy Bird Hunting.
- Inspect Skrach Uglogwee.
- Talk to Rantz . (You can use the fairy ring code AKS and run east)
- Go south-east and talk to Rantz by the coast.
- Use your woodcutting axe on the fallen tree twice.
- Talk to him again.
- Get some raw chompies if needed.
- Go to Karamja and find the tree with an arrow in it (by transportation icon west of Tai Bwo Wannai).
- You can use the fairy ring code CKR and run north along the coast to the west to find it
- Light a fire next to the tree, use your iron spit on a raw chompy, then cook it.
- Board the ogre boat.
- Talk to Rantz south-east near the coast.
- Collect a bloated toad from the nearby swamp.
- Make sure your ogre bellow has at least 1 charge remaining
- Get a rock from the mine by Rantz' cave.
- Use the ogre bellows on the bloated toad for a balloon toad.
- Drop the balloon toad and kill the Jubbly with ogre arrows. You may have to attempt multiple times.
- Cook the Jubbly on Rantz's spit-roast.
- Give the Cooked jubbly to Skrach Uglogwee in Lumbridge.
Items required: A bucket of milk, pot of cream, a pot of cornflour (or an empty pot and a raw sweetcorn), a vanilla pod (obtainable during Legends' Quest), a dramen branch, a dramen staff, a pestle and mortar, ice gloves, a raw chicken, combat equipment to kill a black dragon and the evil chicken. Completion of Lost City and started Legends' Quest.
- Inspect Sir Amik.
- Ask the cook how you helped Sir Amik Varze.
- Use milk on cream.
- If you need a pot of cornflour, grind raw sweetcorn in a windmill and fill a pot with it.
- Add the pot of cornflour to the milky mixture.
- Pick a vanilla pod in the Kharazi Jungle (SW of the pool used in Legends' Quest), add it to the cornflour mixture.
- Talk to the Wise Old Man in Draynor, ask about strange beasts, then the Evil Chicken. Make sure you finish the dialogue or you will not be able to proceed.
- Use a raw chicken on the Evil Chicken shrine in northern Zanaris (where you arrive from the swamp.)
- Run north past the dragons and kill the Evil Chicken, pick up its egg and add it to the brulee.
- Kill a black dragon, there is a safespot to the east, pick up the dragon token.
- Grind a dramen branch with a pestle and mortar to make cinnamon, add it to the brulee.
- Return to Zanaris through the southern portal.
- Equip ice gloves then rub the token.
- Give the Brulee supreme to Sir Amik in Lumbridge.
Items required: M'speak amulet, ninja, gorilla, and zombie greegrees, 3010+ coins, rope, a knife, a pestle and mortar, a banana (obtainable on Ape Atoll), monkey nuts (obtainable on Ape Atoll), combat equipment (ranged weapon if you need to kill a Monkey Guard), and 3-9 free inventory spaces. Completion of Monkey Madness I. An Antipoison is recommended.
- Inspect Awowogei.
- Travel to Ape Atoll, equip a monkey greegree and M'speak amulet.
- Talk to Awowogei south of the temple.
- If you need a banana and monkey nuts, buy them from the food store now.
- Talk to any of the 3 monkeys in the north-west corner of the temple.
- Use your Banana and Monkey nuts on any of them. (Ensure you use both your Banana and Monkey nuts on them or else the Tchiki nuts will not appear on the bush.)
- If you already have a gorilla, ninja, and zombie monkey greegree then skip this part.
- Note: You should take at least 3 snake corpses, red bananas, and tchiki nuts in case you burn the stuffed snake (use the drop trick for the nuts and the banana).
- Travel to Crash Island and climb down the pit. Kill some level 84 big snakes for their corpses. (Recommended to pray melee before descending into the pit)
- Return to Ape Atoll and find the red banana tree north-west of the big gate (by the shore).
- Equip your gorilla greegree and use a rope on the tree to get some red bananas.
- Equip your ninja greegree and enter the Ape Atoll agility course.
- After swinging the rope, enter the hole and pick some tchiki nuts.
- Grind the tchiki nuts, slice the red banana, and add them to the snake corpses.
- Equip your zombie greegree and enter the temple dungeon.
- Go down one of the ramps and enter the crack in the wall between the two ramps.
- Lay your stuffed snake on the rock to cook it (requires 70 cooking).
- Give the cooked stuffed snake to Awowogei in Lumbridge.
The final battles[edit | edit source]
- You will need 175 Quest Points and complete Desert Treasure before entering the portal.
- Remember, you can bank between every kill. Enter the portal and defeat without prayers:
- Agrith-Na-Na – Range or melee it, wear dragonhide.
- Flambeed – Mage him with water spells + snare. He can unequip your weapon, unless you are wearing ice gloves.
- Karamel – Mage her with fire while within melee distance or melee with crush. She will lower your stats frequently. Bring at least 2 restore potions. Or if going melee, use super combat potions
- Dessourt – Mage (air spells or Iban blast) or range him. Snare will help.
- Gelatinnoth Mother – Bring runes for all 4 elemental spells, a melee weapon, and a ranged weapon. Aim for high range defence without sacrificing too much magic attack.
- Culinaromancer – Attack with anything, wear dragonhide.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
If you have completed all 10 subquests for "Recipe for Disaster", you will have received the following:
- 10 Quest points
- An experience lamp, which grants 20,000 experience to any skill above 50 (can be banked for later use)
- Access to the following areas:
- Ability to dive for crabs
- Ability to cook crab meat
- Ability to catch Hell-Rats
- Ability to own a hellcat
- Ability to add coloured spices to stews of any sort
- Ability to use the boat trip to travel between Karamja and Feldip Hills
- Ape Atoll Teleport spell
- Full access to Culinaromancer's Chest