|Release date||20 September 2004 (Update)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||King Lathas will send a messenger to you (similar to a random event, 4 to 12 minutes after logging in)|
|Description||Continuing the Plague City series, the Regicide Quest takes you beyond the 'Well of Voyage' to a new realm.
King Lathas will employ you once again, this time for the grim task of disposing of his brother.
Upon travelling to the realm you will find yourself surrounded by new and strange plants, animals and even a new race.Once there, you will see that everything is not as serene as it first appears.
Bring 6-8 summer pies if boosting from 51
|Enemies to defeat||Level 110 Tyras guard|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Trip to Tirannwn[edit | edit source]
Items required: Agility potions or Summer pies (if boosting), bow and several arrows, at least one rope, tinderbox, spade, antipoison(s), pickaxe (if limestone is needed), 3 empty inventory spaces.
Recommended: High-healing food, 1-2 stamina/energy potions, coins to buy food in the Pass, combat equipment to defeat Tyras guard, any hatchet (cut logs for fire to cook rabbits for food as last resort in forest)
- Travel through the Underground Pass (entrance on the far west side of West Ardougne). Refer to this guide if you get stuck.
- Travel down to Iban's Temple and enter the well (optional: talk to Koftik for food).
- Exit the cave to the west.
- Run through the forest, talk to Idris.
- Run south-west, jump the leaves trap, run west, pass through the sticks trap.
- Follow the path north-west, jump the leaves trap, and continue north until you reach an elf camp. Cross the Log Balance to reach it.
- Talk to Lord Iorwerth.
- Talk to the Elf Tracker. To reach him: run back the way you came and run southeast once you reach the Sticks trap (do not go through the sticks trap).
- Talk to Lord Iorwerth again.
- Talk to the Elf Tracker again.
- Click to follow the tracks a few steps west of the tracker near the blue mushrooms, immediately before the Dense Forest
- Talk to the Elf Tracker.
- Climb through the dense forest, kill the guard.
- Go north, pass tripwire and go through more dense forest.
- Run west then south through more dense forest, talk to General Hining in the camp.
- Take at least 2 barrels (you will need the second barrel for Mourning's End Part I, and additional barrels may be useful in case of failing the distillation).
- Go back toward the Elf Tracker and use 2 of your barrels on the tar just south of him.
- Get a piece of sulphur from right next to where you got the tar.
- Talk to Lord Iorwerth with one empty inventory slot. Read the book and keep it in your inventory if you don't have a pot grab one from the spawn north of Lord Iorwerth.
- If you don't yet have limestone but did bring a pickaxe, head east from the elf camp now to mine some.
- Teleport out of Tirannwn using any method and head to a bank.
Preparation[edit | edit source]
Items required: Limestone, sulphur, pot, pestle and mortar, 4 balls of wool (if strip of cloth is needed).
- Use limestone on any furnace (make sure gloves are equipped or you will take damage.)
- With a pot in your inventory, use your pestle and mortar on the quicklime. If you do this incorrectly, you will need to repeat the previous step with a new limestone.
- Use your pestle and mortar on the sulphur.
- If you have not already created a strip of cloth, use four balls of wool on the loom in the farm south of Falador to make one.
Deadly chemistry[edit | edit source]
Items required: Pot of quicklime, ground sulphur, strip of cloth, 1-2 barrels of coal-tar, "Big book of bangs", 15-20 coal, ~100 coins if planning to bring noted coal.
Recommended: Method of teleportation to Rimmington
- The coal from your bank can be noted, but you will need to un-note it using Phials in the nearby general store once you get there. (This is not an option for Ironmen, you must bring the coal un-noted)
- Talk to the chemist in Rimmington. Make sure you have the book in your inventory. (If you don't, the Quest Journal will not update!)
- Un-note your coal and then use your barrel of tar on the fractionation still outside (complete this process twice, if you plan on completing Mourning's End I because a barrel of naphtha is required for that quest).
- Operate the still (Read this whole section first before you distill! You will lose the barrel of coal tar if the pressure or heat rises in excess of the red zone):
- Turn the valve on the right all the way to the third tick (all the way to the right).
- Wait for the pressure gauge to land in the green zone.
- Turn the valve on the left to the second tick (in the middle) to halt the pressure in the green zone. If it landed in the red zone, you could turn the valve right to relieve some pressure, then back to the middle.
- The valves never need to be touched again, and the pressure gauge can be ignored.
- Add 2 coal, and then 1 additional coal whenever the heat gauge falls too low (below, or counterclockwise from, the green zone). Don't spam click the "add coal" button. If you add 4 at once, it is likely to overheat and you will lose your barrel of coal-tar. The process is fast and may use only 4-5 coal.
- Use the pot of quicklime and ground sulphur on the barrel of naphtha to make a barrel bomb (unfused).
- Use the strip of cloth on the barrel bomb (unfused) to make a barrel bomb.
Royal assassination[edit | edit source]
Items required: Agility potions or Summer pies (if boosting), bow and several arrows, at least one rope, tinderbox(can be bought at Tyras camp/chartership), spade, antipoison(s), plank (optional), cooked rabbit (or logs/axe to cook your own), and the completed barrel bomb .
Recommended: High-healing food, 1-2 stamina/energy potions, coins to buy food in the Pass.
- Go through the Underground Pass again.
- If you haven't brought your own cooked rabbit, you can kill one north-west of the Elf Tracker and cook it.
- Head to the catapult, north of the Tyras Camp.
- Use the cooked rabbit on the guard near the catapult. Use the bomb on the catapult, light the bomb with your tinderbox.
- Talk to Lord Iorwerth.
The lord's message[edit | edit source]
- Attempt to enter Ardougne Castle.
- Talk to King Lathas.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 3 Quest Quest points
- 13,750 Agility experience
- 15,000 Coins
- Access to the elven kingdom of Tirannwn and the overpass of Arandar
- Access to the dragon halberd (325,000 coins at the Tyras Camp)
- The ability to charter a ship to Port Tyras
- The ability to use Elf Camp teleport scrolls
- The ability to use Zul-andra teleport scrolls and kill Zulrah
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of Regicide is required for the following:
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 3 Jan 2019. Mod Ash: "It's 4-12 mins after login once you're eligible."