|Released||23 November 2017 (Update)|
The Revenant Caves, also known as the Forinthry Dungeon, are a set of caverns found in the Wilderness. Accessible to members only, it is an extremely dangerous cave that ranges from level 17 to 40 Wilderness and is exclusively a singles-plus combat area.
The caves serve as a refuge for revenants. There are three entrances:
- Level 17 Wilderness — east of the Dark Warriors' Fortress.
- Level 26 Wilderness — north of the Bandit Camp.
- Level 40 Wilderness — south-east of the Lava Maze.
A dwarf multicannon cannot be placed in the caves.
Warning: The entire area counts as the Wilderness. Players will be able to attack you here. So, only bring items you can afford to lose!
Travel[edit | edit source]
To get to the caves, players will have to traverse the Wilderness. Aside from simply walking there, there are some other options:
- Revenant cave teleport, which teleports the player to the level 40 entrance.
- Burning amulet, can take players to the level 17 Wilderness entrance via the Bandit Camp option, or the level 40 entrance via the Lava Maze option.
- Wilderness Obelisks can take players to both entrances.
- Carrallangar Teleport, or the equivalent teleport tablet, takes players to the Graveyard of Shadows, close to the level 17 entrance.
- Canoeing to the Wilderness will take players close to the level 40 entrance.
Features[edit | edit source]
Before entering the caves, players must pay a fee of 100,000 coins. As long as the player doesn't die inside the cave, they need not pay the fee again.
The caves are very large but only contain revenants, who are sparsely scattered throughout the caves.
- The shortcut between the revenant goblin and the southern revenant ork requires 65 Agility.
- The shortcut west of the northern revenant ork and the shortcut between the northern demon and imp requires 75 Agility.
- The shortcut between the northern revenant ork and eastern revenant pyrefiend requires 89 Agility.
Revenants[edit | edit source]
Revenants are monsters that were slain during the God Wars. Extremely vengeful spirits, they are the main attraction of the dungeon. Revenants use all three forms of combat, using a combat style that the player is weak against as their primary attacks, and will adapt to any changes the player does. They are also capable of healing themselves when their health falls below 50%.
Revenants drop various resources, equipment and several unique items. Revenants always drop Revenant ether, which is used to charge the bracelet of ethereum. This bracelet protects the player against a revenant's attacks at the cost of 1 charge per attack. It is carried at the player's own risk, as it is always lost on death with all charges regardless of the player's item protection settings. They also drop Ancient artefacts that can be sold to the Emblem trader wandering the caves for a hefty amount of coins. Revenants also drop ancient crystals, four of which are required to build an obelisk in the Superior garden of a player-owned house. Lastly, they are able to drop weapons that are most effective if used within the Wilderness: Craw's bow, Thammaron's sceptre and Viggora's chainmace.
|Revenant dark beast||120||1|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|21 October 2020
|6 August 2020
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Revenants were originally the replacement for player killers between 11 December 2007 and 1 February 2011 in what has become known now as RuneScape 3. They could attack players depending on their combat level and depth in the Wilderness (just as PKers can today) as well as heal themselves, teleblock and freeze players.