Ring of charos
|Ring of charos|
|Released||31 January 2005 (Update)|
|Quest item||Creature of Fenkenstrain|
|Examine||The Ring of Charos.|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
The ring of charos is a magical ring that is used to charm certain NPCs when worn, allowing different dialogue options and specific benefits.
Charos, the creator of the ring, used it in order to enhance his prowess as a diplomat and convince the weak-minded in order to do his bidding. It is said by the Wise Old Man that anyone who uses the ring must already possess some kind of diplomatic skill in order for it to work.
If lost, it can be recovered by pickpocketing Dr Fenkenstrain on the top floor of Fenkenstrain's Castle, or in the basement of the Harmony Island windmill after starting The Great Brain Robbery. If it was activated before you lost it, it will still be activated upon retrieval.
Uses[edit | edit source]
Transportation[edit | edit source]
The ring of charos has the following uses for Transportation:
- Free boat trips between the Karamja, Ardougne, and Port Sarim ports.
- Free trips to the Piscatoris Fishing Colony (unnecessary after completion of Swan Song as travel becomes permanently free).
- Reduced cost for magic carpets to 100 gp, or 75 gp once a task is completed for Ali Morrisane.
- Reduced charter ship costs (the prices are a half of the original price, or a quarter if Cabin Fever is completed).
- Reduced cost of traveling to Dragontooth Island from 25 to 10 ecto-tokens.
- Free boat rides from Mort'ton to the middle of Mort Myre.
Quests[edit | edit source]
It can also be used during quests, quests in bold requires the rings:
- Garden of Tranquillity: Charm farmers to get various unique seeds.
- The Great Brain Robbery: Used to trick Rufus the werewolf to ship a crate. (the unactivated version also works).
- Cold War: Avoid needing a fish to bribe one of the penguins.
- The Feud: Cheaper snake charming kit from Ali the Snake Charmer in Pollnivneach.
- The Fremennik Exiles: Avoid paying 150,000 coins for a Fremennik shield. One-off chance.
- Recipe for Disaster: Get the recipe for Asgoldian ale for free during the dwarf subquest.
- Additional dialogue from Veos after Client of Kourend.
Other[edit | edit source]
In addition, it can be used for the following:
- The residents of Canifis will think you are a werewolf and will be nice to you (Note: the unactivated version will grant this as well).
- Grants access the werewolf agility training arena. (Note: The unactivated version will grant this as well.)
- Dwarven Ferryman's fee for banking your mined gold, near the Arzinian Mines, reduced from 20% of gold ores to 10%.
- Halved Blast Furnace cost (for those with less than 60 Smithing).
- Ability to convince Brundt the Chieftain to change your Fremennik name.
- Ability to convince the Fossegrimen south-west of Rellekka into accepting bass in place of shark to charge your Enchanted lyre with 2 teleports.
- Sell grey wolf fur for 150 coins instead of 120 coins to Baraek in Varrock square.
- Sell molten glass for 25 coins instead of 20 coins to Fritz the Glassblower on Entrana.
- 50% Luke will tell the story of how he lost half of his body.
- Choose the colour of your kitten from Gertrude. (Medium Varrock task) for free (save 100gp)
- During the 2013 Christmas Event when speaking to Shanty Claws, he will say "Oh, I didn't think I'd see another werewolf here."
- Additional dialogue from Movario in the Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|30 January 2014
|The Ring of Charos (a) now functions correctly during Dragon Slayer.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During Garden of Tranquillity, the player can throw their activated ring of charos into a well. Doing so and then pickpocketing Dr Fenkenstrain for a new one does not work as a drop trick, as trying to pickpocket Dr Fenkenstrain will act as if the player already has one.