|Released||1 September 2016 (Update)|
|Raccoons, like pandas but worse.|
Rocky is a skilling pet that can be obtained when training the Thieving skill. This includes stealing from stalls, pickpocketing from NPCs, picking fruit in the Sorceress's Garden and looting grand gold chests within Pyramid Plunder. The chances of getting it are dependent on the player's thieving level, and the person/object the player is stealing from.
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a red message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed. However, if the player's inventory is full and they have a follower already, they will not receive the pet.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds before disappearing completely.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Players can change Rocky's appearance by using berries on him. When redberries are used, it will change to a red panda named Red, and when poison ivy berries are used, it will change to a tanuki (nihongo: 狸) named Ziggy. To change him back into his original form, players must use white berries on him.
|Poison ivy berries|
Drop rates[edit | edit source]
Shown below are the base chances of receiving Rocky.
A player's actual chances of receiving it is 1 in (B - (Lvl * 25)), where B is the base chance and Lvl is the player's Thieving level.
The fastest method on average to receive Rocky is by rapidly thieving stalls in Rellekka, Prifddinas or Draynor Village Marketplace. To do this effectively, the Market Guards should be lured away to not attack the thief, using an alternate account or having a friend help. An alternative is thieving only the Grand Gold Chest in Pyramid Plunder.
|Stalls||Base chance||Pickpocketing||Base chance|
|Fish||36,490||Pyramid Plunder||Base chance|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|25 June 2020
Various typos within Red and Ziggy's dialogue have been fixed.
|18 June 2020
(update | poll)
Rocky was given the ability to change its appearance via the use of various berries, with each new variant having unique dialogue.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name is a reference to The Beatles' song Rocky Raccoon.
- One of the possible dialogues for the red panda version is a reference to the 1994 film The Shawshank Redemption, as the player asks Red if it knows a raccoon named Dufresne, both the names of the two main characters.
- The Ziggy's reference of being able to change into a human could be a reference to the 1994 film Pom Poko by Studio Ghibli where, according to the mythology, tanukis are able to transform into anything.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 26 September 2016. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Kieren: "Okay... first one! Thieving pet rates! Others soon :). Retweet! "
- Chance is rolled upon picking a fruit from any Garden.
- Jagex. Mod Roq's Twitter account. 22 June 2017. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Roq: "Infernal skilling drop rates: Heron = 1/160000 - (fishing level*25) Rocky = 1/176743 - (thieving level*25)"
- Chance is rolled upon opening the Grand Gold Chest in the room.