|Released||1 September 2016 (Update)|
|Examine||Raccoons, like pandas but worse.|
Rocky is a skilling pet that can be obtained when training the Thieving skill. This includes stealing from stalls, pickpocketing from NPCs, picking fruit in the Sorceress's Garden and looting grand gold chests within Pyramid Plunder. The chances of getting it are dependent on the player's thieving level, and the person/object the player is stealing from.
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed. However, if a player receives a pet while having a follower out (for example, a cat), it will be placed into their inventory. When this occurs, the message in the chatbox will instead state You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack.
If a player's inventory is full and they have a follower already, they will not receive the pet; it must instead be claimed from Probita in East Ardougne for a reclaim token, which costs 1,000,000 coins.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around the area for 30 seconds before despawning. Even if the player returns in time, the pet cannot be picked up, and can be reclaimed from Probita for a reclaim token.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Players can change Rocky's appearance by using berries on him. When redberries are used, it will change to a red panda named Red, and when poison ivy berries are used, it will change to a tanuki named Ziggy. To change him back into his original form, players must use white berries on him.
|Poison ivy berries|
Drop rates[edit | edit source]
Shown below are the base chances of receiving Rocky.
A player's actual chances of receiving it is 1 in (B - (Lvl * 25)), where B is the base chance and Lvl is the player's Thieving level.
The fastest method on average to receive Rocky is by rapidly thieving stalls in Rellekka, Prifddinas or Draynor Village Marketplace. To do this effectively, the Market Guards should be lured away to not attack the thief, using an alternate account or having a friend help. An alternative is thieving only the Grand Gold Chest in Pyramid Plunder.
For Pyramid Plunder, the effective proximate rate if one opens the chest in every room is 1/2084.
|Stalls||Base chance||Pickpocketing||Base chance|
|Fish||36,490||Pyramid Plunder||Base chance|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|25 June 2020
Various typos within Red and Ziggy's dialogue have been fixed.
|18 June 2020
(update | poll)
Rocky was given the ability to change its appearance via the use of various berries, with each new variant having unique dialogue.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name is a reference to The Beatles' song "Rocky Raccoon".
- One of the possible dialogues for the red panda version is a reference to the 1994 film The Shawshank Redemption, as the player asks Red if it knows a raccoon named Dufresne, both the names of the two main characters.
- The Ziggy reference to being able to transform into a human could be a reference to the Bake-danuki yōkai, which are most often associated with tanukis.
- This could also be a reference to David Bowie's 1972 stage persona "Ziggy Stardust". The character was an alien rock star who arrived on Earth and took a human form, going on to become a prophet.
- One of the possible dialogues with Ziggy may be in reference to the Super Mario series, as the player questions if Ziggy knows any plumbers, to which both Mario and Luigi are.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 26 September 2016. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Kieren: "Okay... first one! Thieving pet rates! Others soon :). Retweet! "
- Chance is rolled upon picking a fruit from any Garden.
- Jagex. Mod Roq's Twitter account. 22 June 2017. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Roq: "Infernal skilling drop rates: Heron = 1/160000 - (fishing level*25) Rocky = 1/176743 - (thieving level*25)"
- Chance is rolled upon opening the Grand Gold Chest in the room.