Rogue Trader/Quick guide
|Rogue Trader/Quick guide|
|Released||4 April 2005 (Update)|
Note: Before you can do any of the parts listed below you have to talk to Ali Morrisane in Al Kharid.
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Ali Morrisane in Al Kharid|
|Official difficulty||Unknown edit|
|Official length||Short (if fully prepared) - Medium|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting the Quest[edit | edit source]
Runes[edit | edit source]
Items required: Nothing.
- Speak to Aubury at the rune shop in Varrock.
- Return to Ali Morrisane and talk to him.
- Open a casket. Note: You do not have to purchase the unknown runes to unlock them in Ali's store.
- If you wish to unlock ONLY elemental runes for purchase from Ali, speak to him and open a small casket.
- If you wish to unlock elemental runes AND high-level runes for purchase from Ali, speak to him and open a large casket.
- You CANNOT force or pick-lock large caskets. When you examine the lock, you will be met with a Sudoku puzzle of runes. No two runes of the same type are allowed in the same row, column, or 3x3 grid.
- Solve the puzzle, then click on "open casket" when finished. Check the Rogue Trader in-depth guide for assistance.
- A quick way to solve this puzzle is to assign each different rune a number (i.e. air = 1, water = 2, etc.) and then plug the initial runes into an automatic Sudoku solver.
You can return to Ali to unlock more caskets and purchase random amounts of runes at a discount. Viewing the unknown runes before purchase reduces this discount.
Blackjacks[edit | edit source]
Items required: 100 coins (500 if travelling via magic carpet), food (for players with low hitpoints)
- Travel to Pollnivneach.
- Talk to the blackjack seller.
- Talk to the street urchin and pay him 100 coins.
- Talk to the blackjack seller again.
- Travel back to Al Kharid. Talk to Ali Morrisane; he will now have defensive blackjacks for sale. For convenience, buy whatever defensive blackjacks you need now.
The following process unlocks offensive blackjacks for sale.
- Return to the blackjack seller and talk to him. He will attempt to knock you out twice; this will damage the player. If you get knocked out, keep talking to him.
- Travel back to Al Kharid. Talk to Ali Morrisane. He will now have offensive blackjacks for sale.
To switch between offensive and defensive blackjacks, repeat their respective steps.
Clothes[edit | edit source]
Items required: 3 Dyes of any colour, 3 animal hides of the same type
- Speak to Siamun in Sophanem
- Speak to Ali Morrisane
- Talk to Siamun again (2)
Revisiting Siamun with dyes or hides will swap between two different lines of clothing