Rooftop Agility Courses
The Rooftop Agility Courses are a set of agility courses that were added to Old School RuneScape on 5 December 2013. They are player-designed content authored by BigRedJapan, who can be seen at most of the courses as an NPC waving to the player as they finish a lap. There are nine courses in total, each requiring 10 more Agility levels than the last. The agility requirement is boostable.
Rooftop courses differ from other Agility courses in that they spawn Marks of grace. Also, passing an obstacle on a rooftop course actively restores 1–2% run energy, meaning it is typically possible to run around rooftop courses continually.
A tip while doing rooftop agility is to wear a regen bracelet and/or hitpoints cape if you are at, or near, the minimum level required to access the rooftop course, as they increase the rate of hitpoint regeneration following obstacle failures. These may be more beneficial than food as they weigh less and allow you to continually regenerate hp without negatively affecting your run energy.
Courses[edit | edit source]
The following nine Agility courses are identified as Rooftop Agility Courses:
|Course||Obstacles||Exp. per lap||Lap time[n 1]||Exp. per hour[n 2]||Marks of grace per hour||Profit per hour[n 3]|
|10||Draynor Village Rooftop Course||7||120||72 t / 43.2 sec||10,000||12[n 4]||112,320|
|20||Al Kharid Rooftop Course||8||180||108 t / 64.8 sec||10,000||8||74,880|
|30||Varrock Rooftop Course||9||238||108 t[n 5] /64.8 sec||13,200||13||121,680|
|40||Canifis Rooftop Course||8||240||75 t / 45 sec||19,200||16[n 6]||149,760|
|50||Falador Rooftop Course||12||440||97 t / 58.2 sec||27,200||13||121,680|
|60||Seers' Village Rooftop Course||6||570||74 t / 44.4 sec||46,200||16||149,760|
|58 t[n 7] / 34.8 sec||58,900||19||177,840|
|70||Pollnivneach Rooftop Course||9||890||102 t / 61.2 sec||52,300||11[n 8]||102,960|
|80||Rellekka Rooftop Course||7||780||85 t / 51 sec||55,000||13[n 9]||121,680|
|90||Ardougne Rooftop Course||7||793||76 t / 45.6 sec||62,600||22[n 10]||205,920|
- Including running back to the first obstacle. Measured in game ticks. 1 game tick equals 0.6 seconds.
- These are the highest possible experience per hour rates, assuming perfect laps. So expect to get (slightly) lower rates, depending on Agility level and concentration.
- If marks of grace are used to buy amylase crystals.
- Measured for one hour only.
- You can save 2 game ticks by running diagonally towards the 2nd gap obstacle after the wall obstacle.
- 260 marks recorded over 16.33 hours (~15.9 / hour).
- The course is significantly quicker when casting Camelot Teleport to the Seers' Village bank after completing the course. This teleport location is unlocked after completing the hard Kandarin Diary.
- 174 marks recorded over 15.5 hours (~11.2 / hour).
- 282 marks recorded over 21.66 hours.
- After completion of the elite tier of the Ardougne Diary.
Marks of grace[edit | edit source]
Whilst training Agility within these courses, there is a chance of finding a mark of grace. These marks spawn anywhere in the course, so the player must keep an open eye if they are to spot them. These tokens can be taken to Grace, a merchant at the Rogues' Den, and can be exchanged for a set of graceful clothing that reduces your weight when you wear it. Grace also sells the Amylase pack which contains 100 Amylase crystals - a herblore secondary required in the making of Stamina potions at 77 herblore. The tokens are spawned randomly for each player on the course that they're using. Higher-level courses have a greater chance of spawning marks than lower-level courses. If your agility level is 20 or more levels higher than the requirement for the course you will get marks at 20% of the normal rate. A full graceful outfit will cost 260 marks of grace.
|Reduction per mark
(kg per )
|Restoration per mark|
(% per )
|Graceful hood||35||-3 kg||+3%||0.086||0.086|
|Graceful top||55||-5 kg||+4%||0.091||0.073|
|Graceful legs||60||-6 kg||+4%||0.100||0.067|
|Graceful gloves||30||-3 kg||+3%||0.100||0.100|
|Graceful boots||40||-4 kg||+3%||0.100||0.075|
|Graceful cape||40||-4 kg||+3%||0.100||0.075|
|Total (Graceful set)||260||-25 kg||+30%[n 1]||0.096||0.115|
- The total of the individual items is 20%, but the set effect adds another 10% increasing the total to 30%.
Rooftop Agility Course Spawns[edit | edit source]
Although the spawning of marks on the rooftop courses is randomly timed, the positions are consistent within each course:
|Draynor Village Rooftop||
|Seers' Village Rooftop||
Changes[edit | edit source]
|9 July 2020
Footprints have been added to rooftop courses to better guide players on where to go, except for East Ardougne.
|8 October 2015
Blocked a tile adjacent to the Varrock rooftop agility course.
|25 June 2015
|5 March 2015
(update | poll)
|12 December 2013
References[edit | edit source]
|Rooftop Agility courses|