|Roving Elves (#70)|
|Released||7 February 2005 (Update)|
|Quest series||Elf, Gnome|
|Lead developer(s)||Dylan C|
- 1 Details
- 2 Walkthrough
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Required for completing
- 5 Transcript
- 6 Trivia
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Islwyn inside the elven woods.|
|Description||Deep in the elven forests of Isafdar, live a duo of roving elves: Islwyn a grumpy, old elf who dislikes humans and his companion, Eluned, who is a beautiful, friendly, young female elf with a kind heart. In this quest, you are challenged to overcome Islwyn's prejudice against humans and alleviate the burdens of the past.|
|Official length||Short – Medium|
|Enemies to defeat||
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
To find the start points, use this map. The elves teleport back and forth between the two spots every few minutes, so be patient or switch worlds if they're not there. If you don't find him after a couple minutes, it is much quicker to check the other possible locations.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
There are several options to reach Islwyn and Eluned to start the quest (listed below). Islwyn and Eluned move every few minutes to one of the orange circles marked on the map above. They are not in the spot near the bridge, so they can only be found south-west of Lletya near a magic tree or north-east of Tyras Camp at a glade. You will need to pass through dense forest, which requires 56 Agility, but it can be boosted with Agility potions from 53 Agility or summer pies from 51 Agility (bring more than one). It is also recommended you bring plenty of food and some antipoison potions for the tripwire traps. If you arrive at one of the locations and the elves are not there, simply wait until they arrive or switch worlds.
- Note: It is recommended that you take another method of getting to Isafdar than navigating through the Underground Pass. Following are some recommended methods of getting to Isafdar.
Option 1: Charter ship[edit | edit source]
The easiest way to reach the start point of this quest is to use a Charter Ship to Port Tyras. This has several major advantages over other methods of transportation, with the only downside being the cost of 3.2k (1.6k with the ring of charos(a) or Cabin Fever completed, 800 gp with both). This route avoids all trip wire traps, and is the shortest route to either of the start points of the quest. Furthermore, the dense forest you have to pass through does not require 56 Agility in this direction. Note that this does mean you are unable to go back to Port Tyras if you do not have level 56 agility and nothing to boost. Bring teleports if this is the case.
Option 2: Underground pass[edit | edit source]
- From the exit of the Underground Pass, follow the path westward, and jump over the leaf trap to the south.
- Enter the dense forest to the east after jumping the leaves.
- Go east over the tripwire, and head south past the level 88 dire wolves.
Option 3: Iorwerth camp teleport[edit | edit source]
- Use an Iorwerth camp teleport, which can be bought on the Grand Exchange or from players.
- Head south and cross the log balance.
- Continue heading south and cross the leaf trap, then continue heading south until you reach the Elf Tracker (silver diamond on the map above).
- Head west through the dense forest, head north through the trip wires, then head north through the dense forest.
- Head a bit north-west, then head south to the stick trap to reach a clearing with a small pond.
Starting out[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Islwyn, and tell him the truth.
- Offer to help, and you'll be directed to Eluned. (Note: Islwyn & Eluned will occasionally leave the area in every few minutes. This might repeat further into the quest. Wait or switch worlds to speak to them.)
- Eluned asks you to retrieve the consecration seed from Glarial's Tomb by defeating "the guardian spirit" (a level 84 Moss Guardian) unarmed, so bank all armour and weaponry, grab Glarial's pebble, plenty of food, and head over to the tomb. (BE SURE TO TALK TO ELUNED; OR ELSE THE SEED WILL NOT DROP!)
The pebble[edit | edit source]
If you have Glarial's pebble, you can skip this section. Otherwise:
- Go to the Tree Gnome Village. Just outside the loose rail, head down the ladder to the east.
- Once down the ladder, head west and talk to Golrie until you get Glarial's pebble.
The tomb[edit | edit source]
Do not take any armour, weapons, runes (for teleportation) with you, also don't bring a clue scroll along in your inventory. All capes, and gloves that gives bonuses are not allowed, including Ardougne cloaks! However, the Graceful outfit, spotted capes, jewellery, including jewellery that gives stat bonuses (such as an amulet of fury or combat bracelet) are allowed, as well as Fremennik rings, such as the berserker ring. You can bring teleport tablets in case of emergency. Also, the event rpg, a weapon that lets you melee at rapid speed, can be taken in. The monk's robe top and bottom are allowed. Rada's Blessing & God blessings are also permitted. Bringing a dramen branch and a knife to make a dramen staff will not work here. GOD BOOKS ARE ALLOWED! Book of Saradomin is a very cheap shield slot that gives +8 def to all stats.
You will have to kill one Moss Guardian unarmed; however, you can take food and potions with you. It is suggested to use a super potion set if you have them. Lots of food is suggested, as the guardian has a relatively high max hit of 14. Prayer can be used here, and a ring of recoil works. It is strongly recommended to bring an event rpg, as it has no bonuses and will give you a 3-tick attack rate, allowing you to attack twice as fast as the guardian.
- Use the Barbarian Assault minigame teleport, or games necklace to teleport to Barbarian Outpost, or skills necklace to Fishing Guild. Look for a greyed out area on minimap, directly left of ''Kingdom of Kandarin''. Use your pebble with the tombstone to get down. You will be down a ladder.
- If it says that nothing happens, you are carrying an item that is not allowed down there. Drop or bank the prohibited item(s) and get back.
The consecration seed[edit | edit source]
In the tomb, you will find two aggressive level 84 Moss Guardian, one just west of where you climb down the ladder, and one in a small room with a chest west of that. They use a slow, but accurate combined magical melee attack, so they hit with both in 1 hit and can hit up to 14. You must kill one of them to get the consecration seed.
- Should you not be able to finish the first time, you can return to the bank and retrieve some more food. Upon returning, the moss guardian you were attacking will have the same amount of life it did when you left.
- Another strategy is getting the moss guardian stuck behind a pillar, hitting it, then running behind the pillar. It takes a little bit longer, and you occasionally take some damage but you should be able to do it, with a little bit of food in your inventory.
- A third tactic is to bring a games necklace. When you die, teleport to the Barbarian Outpost, go down the falls, and attack the moss guardian again. Repeat this process until it dies.
Enchanting the consecration seed[edit | edit source]
Take the seed back to Eluned. Chartering a ship to Port Tyras is the fastest way to get to her, unless you have an Iorwerth camp teleport scroll. Since you will need to pass dense forest, do not forget agility boosts if you are not level 56. You do not need 56 Agility to leave Port Tyras through the dense forest. 56 Agility is only required when entering the port through the dense forest. Eluned will enchant your consecration seed.
Through the waterfall[edit | edit source]
Take all the items for this part, and go to the Waterfall Dungeon. If you don't know how, follow the steps below:
- Go to the starting location of the Waterfall Quest (the house north-west of the tomb where you got the seed). Enter the house; then, head west outside to find a raft.
- If using games necklace, head south once you teleport.
- Take the raft to get down the river. You will crash halfway.
- Use your rope on the rock to get to the next island (this may require moving your camera around to find it). Do not use the "swim" option.
- Use your rope on the dead tree next to you to get down to the entrance. Enter the dungeon.
Planting the seed[edit | edit source]
- From here, first take the path to the eastern room. Go to the crates located the furthest to the north. Search them to find a key.
- Now, go back to the main room and then west. Go past the fire giants to a locked door. Use your key on it to get through (the same key spawns on the floor inside). If you do not have the key you can get another from the most northern crate in the eastern room of the cave you are in.
- Use the key on the next door to the north. You will be inside the room where you finished the Waterfall Quest.
- Go to the chalice and left-click the seed while standing next to it. You will dig a hole, bury the seed and see a small crystal tree growing. You must have a spade in your inventory for it to work. It will disappear right away.
- Either teleport out or walk outside the waterfall and get inside the barrel there.
Ending[edit | edit source]
Go back to Islwyn to claim your reward. Pick either a crystal bow or a crystal shield. Both can be bought later; the bow is 900,000 coins and the shield is 750,000 coins. (They are both untradeable and have 500 remaining charges.)
Tip: If you plan on completing the Western Provinces Diary, choose the crystal bow as it's needed for a hard diary task. Or else you will have to pay 900,000 coins for a bow from Islwyn or recharging a crystal seed with Ilfeen.
Before leaving, it is recommended to speak to Eluned to start Mourning's End Part I to receive the teleport crystal to Lletya. Although this used to be able to be started without the required levels (but did require the prerequisite quests), it now requires at least the 60 ranged requirement to begin.
Congratulations! Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 10,000 Strength experience
- A used crystal bow or crystal shield (your choice, it will have 500 charges).
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Roving Elves is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The dialogue option to choose the shield as a quest reward is "I don't like running and hiding behind mushrooms. Give me the shield!". This refers to how the Tyras guard can be safespotted in Regicide.