|Released||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Location on World Map|
|Lava Dragon Isle|
|Wilderness God Wars Dungeon||←||Ruins (east)||→||Bone Yard|
|Graveyard of Shadows|
The Eastern Ruins, more commonly referred to simply as the Ruins or the Farm, are the remains of an ancient settlement in the eastern Wilderness. They lie in roughly level 26 to 29 Wilderness, and are Single-way combat on the surface. The Web Chasm can be found here, where players can fight Spindel.
The Ruins contain item spawns for a Gold ore and Steel platelegs, as well as a furnace useful for smithing.
History[edit | edit source]
The Ruins' history is largely unknown. Unlike many man-made remains found within the Wilderness, they cannot be reached by using Ancient Magicks teleportation - and thus cannot be reliably traced back to Zaros's kingdom. There are animal food troughs, crates, sacks, an ore, and a furnace, which all suggest that the area may have once served agricultural and industrial purposes.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
The fastest way to reach the ruins is by using a Games necklace to teleport to the Corporeal Beast, exiting the cave, and heading north. The Carrallangar Teleport will also bring players to the Graveyard of Shadows to the south of the Ruins, and the Canoe system can bring players to a pond to the north of the Ruins. There is also a Wilderness Obelisk to the north-west - if the player has completed the Hard Wilderness Diary, they can direct an obelisk here.
Features[edit | edit source]
The main feature of the Ruins is the Web Chasm dungeon in the north-eastern corner. Inside is a Singles-plus combat zone, where players can fight the spider boss Spindel - a lesser version of Venenatis.
The western building has a furnace, which mysteriously still operates. Here players can smelt ores, making it popular amongst those using the Hobgoblin Mine to the far north.
The central building also has a working sink which can be used to fill buckets with water.
Item spawns[edit | edit source]
- Gold ore - A gold ore can be found in the central building.
- Steel platelegs - A set of steel platelegs can be found in a small building on the east side.
There are also some bones, though these spawn in an enclosed area and cannot be taken, even with Telekinetic Grab.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
On the surface, the Ruins feature a large amount of aggressive monsters.
- Zombies, level 18
- Deadly red spiders, level 34
There are also some level 1 rats, though these are in an enclosed area and cannot be attacked, even with ranged or magic.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The ruins were a members only area for over 2 months, until 8 May 2002.
- The above newspost calls this area the "overgrown village".
- The northernmost building has an inaccessible second floor, which is the only structure in the Wilderness that still uses the old wall textures from before the 2006 Wilderness graphical update.
- This building is propped up by pillars which are the same as those found in Runic altars, and even include the examine "A part of an old temple.".