Ruins of Camdozaal
|Ruins of Camdozaal|
|Released||14 April 2021 (Update)|
|Inhabitants||Ramarno, various golems|
|Music||The Ruins of Camdozaal|
The Ruins of Camdozaal is a ruined underground city which was once the home of the Imcando dwarves after the fall of Imcandoria. It is located beneath Ice Mountain, accessed through the ruins entrance on the western side of the mountain after completion of the quest Below Ice Mountain. The ruins are home to the Sacred Forge, which runs on a material called barronite, and powers the entire city.
History[edit | edit source]
Prior to the Imcando dwarves' founding of Camdozaal, the city was once the Zarosian fortress of Lassar. Having lost their great city of Imcandoria in the far north, the Imcando dwarves were promised a new home by Saradomin, who would have his forces lay siege to Lassar and grant the Imcando dwarves a new settlement in the ruins of the fortress.
Led by Yonrith Lovakengj, the Saradominist forces marched upon Lassar and destroyed it in one of many attacks on the Zarosian Empire during the Zarosian Extermination in the Third Age. Once the Zarosian forces have been driven out, the Imcando dwarves set to build their new city, naming it Camdozaal. The city would become the prosperous home of the Imcando until the early Fifth Age, when a faction of Fremenniks sought to destroy any users of magic in the Runecrafting Crusades.
With their inclusion of magic in dwarven smithing techniques, as well as experimentation with golems left over from the Zarosian era, the Fremennik turned their weapons toward Camdozaal. The Imcando dwarves, believing their weapons to be strong enough to repel the invasion, were ultimately wiped out.
Today, Camdozaal is a shadow of its former self, and Ramarno is the only remaining inhabitant of the city, until the rediscovery of the ruins during the events of Below Ice Mountain. Though largely forgotten, there remain traces of Lassar in various areas of the ruins.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
Players can get to Camdozaal multiple ways:
- Use the minigame teleport (can be used for free once per 20 minutes) to teleport to Clan Wars. Use any canoe to row to Edgeville, walk north of Oziach's building (the narrow pathway does NOT enter the wilderness). Walk past Edgeville Monastery and go south and west. This is a free method.
- Use a combat bracelet to teleport to the Edgeville Monastery and go south and west. This is the faster way to reach the ramp to the mountain.
- Cast Lassar Teleport from Ancient Magicks to teleport on top of mountain, or use a Lassar teleport (tablet).
- Cast Mind Altar Teleport from Arceuus Spellbook to teleport to the Mind Altar, cross the Wilderness ditch to the north and cross the ditch by the Black Knight's Fortress. Note: This will take the player into the Wilderness, albeit very briefly.
- Enter the Dwarven Mine from Falador (either directly or via the Mining Guild) and travel to the mine's exit on the mountain.
- Use the Keldagrim mine cart system to go to the Dwarven Mine and then exit onto the mountain. Players can enter the cart system in Keldagrim or in the tunnel under White Wolf Mountain.
- Use a skull sceptre to teleport to Barbarian Village and then walk west to the mountain.
Once players have reached Ice Mountain, they can walk west around the mountain (past the entrance to the Dwarven Mine) and then north until they reach the entrance.
Notable Features[edit | edit source]
Bank[edit | edit source]
There is a bank chest in the center of these ruins which is located East of Ramarno's location.
Mining[edit | edit source]
There is an area called Camdozaal Mines, where players can mine Barronite Shards with a chance to receive a Barronite Deposit instead or a Clue geode (beginner). Pickaxes can be found in the barrels near Ramarno, the two barrels next to the bank deposit box, as well as the barrels located in each of the two sections of the mining area.
Smithing[edit | edit source]
Next to Ramarno and the sacred forge there is a regular anvil, as well as a special anvil called the Barronite Crusher, which is used to crush Barronite deposit. Doing so gives a rare chance to find the barronite head, as well as ancient relics and the Imcando hammer.
Fishing[edit | edit source]
Using a small fishing net or big fishing net, players can catch special fish that can be offered at the nearby Offering Altar, granting Prayer XP. Players may also catch Barronite shards instead of a fish, with a rare chance at fishing up a barronite handle.
Types of fish that can be caught here include:
|Guppy||Small fishing net||7||8||7||12||1||4|
|Cavefish||Small fishing net||20||16||20||23||1||7|
|Tetra||Small fishing net
Big fishing net
|Catfish||Big fishing net||46||33||46||43||1||16|
The fish must be prepared before they can be offered. Doing so requires the same cooking level as the fishing level required to catch each fish, at one of the preparation tables whilst having a knife in the inventory. These fish cannot be cooked or eaten. Members can also catch cave eels here, which cannot be prepared or offered to the altar, though they can be cooked for use as food.
Combat & Runecraft[edit | edit source]
Vault[edit | edit source]
There is an area called the Camdozaal Vault, a maze-like structure where players can obtain special items.
Residents[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Item spawns[edit | edit source]
Within the Ruins, players can find several item spawns that are appropriate to the activities found within:
- Slightly to the south of Ramarno, players can find a hammer spawn.
- To the south-east of Ramarno, near the bank chest, players can take a Bronze pickaxe from a barrel if they do not already have one in their inventory. Another such barrel can be found in the north-eastern section of the mines.
- In the south-western section of the mines, near the Offering Altar, there is a knife spawn and a static small fishing net spawn.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|5 May 2021
The maximum quantities of fish you can select for processing in Camdozaal have been corrected.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- 'Zaal' is the Dutch word for 'hall' or 'large room.'
- If the Ring of visibility and Ghostspeak amulet are worn, several ghosts can be found wandering the ruins, although they do not appear as NPCs on the minimap: one in the chaos golem room, one in the hallway north of the bank chest and another in the mining area.
- One of the ghosts in the mining area talks about Yonrith Lovakengj, alluding to a link between the ruins and Kourend's Lovakengj House.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ramarno, Old School RuneScape. "The Forge powers the entire city, or what's left of it at least."
- Ghost (Ruins of Camdozaal), Old School RuneScape. "We've lost all contact with the capital. Worse, another dwarven clan has joined the Saradominists. They march upon the fortress as we speak."
- Ghost (Ruins of Camdozaal), Old School RuneScape. "Rumour has it [the Imcando] once lived in a great city in the far north. The city fell and now they are homeless."
- Ghost (Ruins of Camdozaal), Old School RuneScape. "It seems [the Imcando] have been promised a new home here in return for wiping us out."
- Ghost (Ruins of Camdozaal), Old School RuneScape. "Their leader is named Yonrith Lovakengj. He has fled to the west with his closest allies, but much of his army still remains."
- Ramarno, Old School RuneScape. "Our methods would often differ from other dwarves. Whereas they just used traditional smithing techniques, we would combine them with magic as well."
- Ramarno, Old School RuneScape. "We used our advanced Smithing knowledge to improve their form. Eventually, we were able to get them working again. We kept pushing with the golems. Many of them we imbued with magical energies."
- Ramarno, Old School RuneScape. "Camdozaal was built upon the ruins of an older civilization. Little trace of them remained by the time we arrived. However, when building the city, ancient golems were discovered."
- Ramarno, Old School RuneScape. "We learned of a horde of barbarians pillaging across the land, hunting down and killing anyone who dared use magic. We underestimated them. We believed our weapons would be enough to keep us safe. We were wrong. The barbarians brought ruin upon Camdozaal."
- Ramarno, Old School RuneScape. "Most of my kind died as the city collapsed around them. Only a few of us survived until the end. Now, only I remain."