RuneFests[edit | edit source]
- RuneFest 2020 - Cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- RuneFest 2019 - 4 October and 5 October 2019
- RuneFest 2018 - 5 October and 6 October 2018
- RuneFest 2017 – 23 September 2017
- RuneFest 2016 – 17 September 2016
- RuneFest 2015 – 3 October 2015
- RuneFest 2014 – 11 October 2014
- RuneFest 2013 - 2 November 2013
- RuneFest 2012 - Originally planned to go ahead, but announced as cancelled September 2012
- RuneFest 2011 - 29 October and 30 October 2011
- RuneFest 2010 - 28 August 2010
In-game rewards[edit | edit source]
2017 Runefest shield[edit | edit source]
To promote the 2017 event, the Runefest shield was given to players who redeemed the code
runefest17 using Diango's right-click "redeem-code" feature. The code was intended to be revealed for RuneFest attendees and those tuning in to the all-day stream on twitch.tv/runescape on 23 September 2017. However, it was obtained a day earlier than intended due to players successfully guessing the code.
2014 Runefest home teleport animation[edit | edit source]
A home teleport animation override could be unlocked by redeeming the code
osrsrf2014 from Diango. The teleport features a cow, and can be toggled by right clicking the home teleport in the spellbook.
Information from YouTube and Jagex Mod clan chats[edit | edit source]
On 24 March, Mark Gerhard's second interview was released on the RuneScape YouTube channel. At two seconds into the video, the words "RuneFest 2010" were visible on a whiteboard behind Mods Paul M and Mark G.
On 7 April, Mark Gerhard was asked in his Clan Chat, "Mark, can you shine a light on RuneFest for us?" to which he replied:
|“||Aah RuneFest, seems our worst kept secret so far. We are planning a real world event for the players currently code named RuneFest. I cant give too much away otherwise the team will be beat me with my own shoes But I suppose I can say that I'm really excited about meeting the player(s). As are the rest of the Jagex family. Take care and hopefully see you all soon Irl.||”|
— Mark Gerhard
On 11 April, Mark Gerhard said the follow regarding RuneFest in his Clan Chat:
|“||Runescape nation was the project name for RuneFest. No RuneFest will go international afterwards, the 1st will be in England. Yeah it will go on tour :) I cant say too much about RuneFest though as the will club be [sic] to death with my own shoes if I do :) There will be official coms on RuneFest to follow shortly I'm sure||”|
— Mark Gerhard
In response to, "Will there be a music element to RuneFest as hinted in the trademark apps?"
|“||Yes Rule :)||”|
— Mark Gerhard
Trademarks[edit | edit source]
- On 18 March 2010, RuneFest.com was registered by Jagex.
- On 29 March, 2010, trademark applications were filed for "RuneFest", "Jagex Nation" and "RuneScape Nation". Both RuneScapeNation.com and JagexNation.com are owned by Jagex.
The trademark classes for RuneFest, RuneScape Nation and Jagex Nation are:
Class 09: Audio recordings; video recordings; audio-visual recordings; pre-recorded publications; downloadable electronic publications; data-carriers for audio and visual and audio-visual recordings; CDs; DVDs.
Class 16: Printed publications; printed matter; books, leaflets, brochures; posters, postcards, stationery.
Class 25: Clothing, footwear, headgear.
Class 41: Entertainment; organising, promotion and production of entertainment and events; organising, production and presentation of shows, staged events, theatrical performances, concerts, live performationces and audience participation events; musical entertainment; live musical entertainment; production, presentation and distribution of sound and video recordings; provision of recreational facilities; arranging and conducting festivals; arranging and conducting competitions; arranging and conducting events relating to computer games and video games and Internet games; information and advisory and consultancy services relating to all of the foregoing.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Originally it was speculated that RuneFest 2010 would be held at the Olympia Conference Centre, in West Kensington, London, due to a leak on the RuneFest website.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. "Inside Jagex Games Studio - Mark Gerhard Interview Part 2." (00:00:02), YouTube video. 24 March 2010.
- Runefest.com Whois Lookup (Web). 16:34, February 5, 2011 (UTC).*
- Intellectual Property Office. Case details for Trade Mark 2543331 (Web). 04:33, December 26, 2012 (UTC).*
- Intellectual Property Office. Case details for Trade Mark 2543329 (Web). 16:34, February 5, 2011 (UTC).*
- Intellectual Property Office. Case details for Trade Mark 2543330 (Web). 16:34, February 5, 2011 (UTC).*
- Who.is. Runescapenation.com Whois Lookup (Web). 16:34, February 5, 2011 (UTC).*
- Who.is. Jagexnation.com Whois Lookup (Web). 16:34, February 5, 2011 (UTC).*
- RuneFest (Web). “RuneFest 2010 will be held at the Olympia Conference Centre in London, UK. It's within easy walking distance of a number of transport links, as well as plenty of accommodation opportunities.”*