What this page is for[edit source]
- Protecting/unprotecting pages. Highly visible pages or content that may have links from outside websites are encouraged to have some level of protection. This can also include a request for administrators to try and calm down an edit war. This should be done according to the Runescape:Protection policy.
- Moving/renaming protected pages and files. Due to vandals' mis-use of the page move tool, some pages are protected from being renamed except by an administrator. If you can make a compelling case for a page move, or consensus has been reached on the respective discussion page related to the page you think needs to be renamed, formal requests for the page move can happen here. New contributors to this wiki or "anonymous" users wishing to rename a page that don't have the page move option available to them yet are also welcome to make such requests on this page.
- Minor edits to protected pages. This is mostly on protected templates that can have a substantial impact on the whole wiki if they are changed, so caution is urged when they are modified.
- Announcements that are intended to be across the whole wiki. This appears on MediaWiki:Sitenotice, and should be something that would be of interest to the whole community.
- Importing pages from another wiki. While seldom used for content on this wiki, this is an option that is available for bringing in content from another wiki and preserving its edit history, which requires administrator rights. This may take some time, so be patient if you wish to make this sort of request. MediaWiki importing tools can sometimes be buggy, so be gentle on volunteer administrators doing this task.
- Hiding revisions and/or edit summaries. In the case of blatant copyright violations, significantly offensive material, identity establishing information, or any other content that poses a major risk to the wiki or its editors, the revision(s) may be hidden using Special:RevisionDelete.
- General questions to the administrators of this wiki. You might get a faster reply by posting on the User help page; however, the administrators here will try to help you to the best of their abilities.
What this page is not for[edit source]
- Problems that do not require administrator tools to complete. Instead, please visit the user help page.
- Problem users who may be vandalising content pages. Instead, please note the user that may be causing problems on the Counter-Vandalism Unit page.
- Requests to become an administrator. If you are interested in learning what an administrator does or how you can become one, please visit the Administrators page for information about administrators and Requests for adminship page for the process to become an administrator.
- General discussions about administrator behaviour. Most policy discussions, including policies that govern administrators, ought to be started on the watercooler and kept to that forum for input from the larger RS wiki community.
- Minor requests for deletion. If you've accidentally duplicated content or wish to just clean up a mess you've made on the wiki, you should simply tag the page with .
Note: Please only make requests on this page that specifically require sysop tools to fulfil.
|1 • 2 |
"Prevent Removal of Floor Template"
I'm attempting to reorder some of the cryptic clues on the Treasure Trails page, but I'm unable to do so. The abuse rule cited is "prevent removal of floor template." Please help? I don't even understand what this means; it has been weeks since I've posted this question with no response. Hello?? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2604:2d80:8404:8333:2549:112a:217b:6628 (talk).
- I published the edit for you. The abuse filter in question is to prevent unregistered users from removing the template, and as you moved it, it only saw you deleting it from where it was (not realizing it was re-added elsewhere). --laagone talk 20:36, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- In case you are interested in the full context here: the wiki uses British English, since Jagex is based in England. One difference between American and British English is that America numbers floors starting at 1 (First floor, second floor...) but British will start at ground (Ground floor, first floor, second floor...). Since the wiki has a lot of American editors, we have a template called FloorNumber that lets you write the American version when you write the article, and the british version will appear with a link explaining the difference. Despite this helpful template, we still have a lot of American editors who try to remove it and write the American style floor number. Our filter to prevent this unfortunately isn't smart enough to see that you were just moving it somewhere else on the page. You may want to consider creating an account so that most filters like this will no longer apply once you are logged in. Riblet15 (talk) 20:42, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
Sounds good - I will create an account. Thank you!
Ironman herblore guide[edit source]
Cannot publish an edit to Ironman guide Herblore section because of inappropriate language. I believe this is an error. -- —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Kelafornia (talk) on 00:20, 3 October 2018.
Mobile search system[edit source]
Abuse filter[edit source]
Please can we add an abuse filter to catch the recent increase in spam bots?
I suggest one of the following conditions:
- Only allow
autoconfirmedusers to add external links to pages
- Disallow all edits with external links if the user has less than 10 edits already
I've added a simple one here. It should be okay for now. Ozank (talk) 17:30, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
Buy limits in infobox item[edit source]
Currently the buy limit shown on a page's infobox seems to be fetched from the gemw data page of that item (like module:Exchange/Cabbage), and that can only be edited by admins or the bot. And admins do seem to occasionally edit it manually, and it's always to update the buy limit. I don't think buy limits need a protected status unlike ge prices, so I think the infobox item module should be modified to take the buy limit as a normal parameter from the page or something. Taatuu2 (talk) 18:06, 14 November 2018 (UTC)
- Responded to why it's not feasible on your talk page. If you wish to add new buy limits, please leave a message on the item's talk page, Grand Exchange/Buying limits, or any other forms of communication. Shoyrukon (talk) 20:46, 14 November 2018 (UTC)
Item Prices On Items Not Updating[edit source]
I was looking up the item "clay" not "soft clay" and noticed the last time the chart updated was 3 days ago. Today is Sunday 12/9/2018 and the last time the charts updated was 12/6/2018 was just curious to know why this is happening.
- It seems the auto grand exchange updater was off for whatever reason. I've manually started the bot and will contact the owner for you. - 17:42, 9 December 2018 (UTC)
Undelete sapling money making guides[edit source]
It looks like Spineweilder deleted the guides for making money by growing saplings as "not practical" on Dec 13 UTC. This does not match my experience; I have successfully used these methods, as have other people. I believe they should be undeleted, because they are useful (especially seeing all the information on the Money Making Guide summary pages, for helping choose which seeds to use if you want to do this method). —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 04:53, December 20, 2018 (UTC).
- It looks like some of the pages have been re-created already. These was a discussion about this on the Discord server (in #wiki-osrs), regarding whether or not they're useful; I can't remember the details, but it mostly boiled down to (i) buy limits make it unsustainable (ii) prices are too volatile. If you and others have had good experiences with it making money, I don't see a reason why it can't be reinstated, although I'm open to more opinions before I personally make any decisions. --laagone talk 20:13, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
Delete duplicate table on Sherlock page[edit source]
The Master skill challenges table on the Sherlock page is duplicated in the page and in an embedded sub-page. I think this was done erroneously. I am unable to remove the table from the main page because it makes up most of the page (by bytes), due to the page blanking rule. Cynfero (talk) 04:08, 9 January 2019 (UTC)