What this page is for[edit source]
- Protecting/unprotecting pages. Highly visible pages or content that may have links from outside websites are encouraged to have some level of protection. This can also include a request for administrators to try and calm down an edit war. This should be done according to the Runescape:Protection policy.
- Moving/renaming protected pages and files. Due to vandals' mis-use of the page move tool, some pages are protected from being renamed except by an administrator. If you can make a compelling case for a page move, or consensus has been reached on the respective discussion page related to the page you think needs to be renamed, formal requests for the page move can happen here. New contributors to this wiki or "anonymous" users wishing to rename a page that don't have the page move option available to them yet are also welcome to make such requests on this page.
- Minor edits to protected pages. This is mostly on protected templates that can have a substantial impact on the whole wiki if they are changed, so caution is urged when they are modified.
- Announcements that are intended to be across the whole wiki. This appears on MediaWiki:Sitenotice, and should be something that would be of interest to the whole community.
- Importing pages from another wiki. While seldom used for content on this wiki, this is an option that is available for bringing in content from another wiki and preserving its edit history, which requires administrator rights. This may take some time, so be patient if you wish to make this sort of request. MediaWiki importing tools can sometimes be buggy, so be gentle on volunteer administrators doing this task.
- Reporting vandals and spammers. Regular editors are encouraged to revert the vandalism or spam as quickly as possible, and alert an administrator to block the problematic user in order to prevent further damage.
- Hiding revisions and/or edit summaries. In the case of blatant copyright violations, significantly offensive material, identity establishing information, or any other content that poses a major risk to the wiki or its editors, the revision(s) may be hidden using Special:RevisionDelete.
- General questions to the administrators of this wiki. You might get a faster reply by posting on the User help page; however, the administrators here will try to help you to the best of their abilities.
What this page is not for[edit source]
- Problems that do not require administrator tools to complete. Instead, please visit the user help page.
- Requests to become an administrator. If you are interested in learning what an administrator does or how you can become one, please visit the Administrators page for information about administrators and Requests for adminship page for the process to become an administrator.
- General discussions about administrator behaviour. Most policy discussions, including policies that govern administrators, ought to be started on the Redwood Grove and kept to that forum for input from the larger Old School RuneScape Wiki community.
- Minor requests for deletion. If you've accidentally duplicated content or wish to just clean up a mess you've made on the wiki, you should simply tag the page with .
Note: Please only make requests on this page that specifically require sysop tools to fulfil.
|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 |
- 1 What this page is for
- 2 What this page is not for
- 3 Click here to add a new request.
- 4 Requests
- 4.1 Barbarian Drop Table
- 4.2 Steel Dragon Curry Drop Minor Visual Change
- 4.3 Fix small formatting error in Bronze Dragon Deadman Mode drop table
- 4.4 Offensive Language goat poo?
- 4.5 Botjobs up for adoption
- 4.6 add a note for the effective droprate of a DFH on the Mithril Dragon page
- 4.7 Spell information from List of spells page is incorrect.
- 4.8 Wiki issue
- 4.9 Uncheck all Button
- 4.10 Obama?
- 4.11 Garden of Tranquility Quest Guide
- 4.12 "Prevent removal of floor template" false positives
- 4.13 Special:SearchDigest off watchlist
- 4.14 Bdriver12 hijAcked account
- 4.15 Account deletion
- 4.16 Black demons - False information about ring of wealth (i)
- 4.17 Automatic Dark Mode If Detected
- 4.18 Feldip Hills Underground Map Needs Updating
- 4.19 drop quanitly of trading sticks by tribesmen
- 4.20 Volcanic Ash
- 4.21 Improve "update file" interface
- 4.22 Merge history of Angler probability chart
- 4.23 Misspelling In Wintertodt Article (References Section)
- 4.24 2nd best in slot staff for bursting/barraging doesnt exist on wiki
- 4.25 "Expected Quantity" in drop tables and item source tables
- 4.26 Lumbridge Diary Glitch
Barbarian Drop Table[edit source]
I received an amulet mould from a barbarian and think it should be added to the drop table because it is important for the new leagues. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 16:40, 02 November 2020 (UTC).
Steel Dragon Curry Drop Minor Visual Change[edit source]
Currently it displays the drop as as 2 separate drops of 1/128 quant 1 and 1/128 quant 2 when instead it could be displayed as 1/64 quant 1-2. I know they've coded it that way but it makes much more visual sense to change it to the other version
- While that would look better visually, they are completely separate drops in the code itself (like you said). Combining them would be more inaccurate in general, plus we don't reduce the fractional values. There is a method to do that using the cogwheel on the table header on any of the drop tables to convert them for you to the reduced format. Jakesterwars (talk) 13:07, 5 November 2020 (UTC)
Fix small formatting error in Bronze Dragon Deadman Mode drop table[edit source]
The area in question says:
The fl ying drops and rarities only apply to Deadman Mode.
It's likely supposed to say "The following drops and rarities only apply to Deadman Mode.", but since it's part of a drop table, admin permissions are required to make an edit. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 02:29, 18 November 2020 (UTC).
Offensive Language goat poo?[edit source]
While adding a trivia section to the mountain goat page I ran into the offensive language problem. My only guess is it didn't want me to write poo.
Although no trolls are named after goats, an ice troll in Weiss is named Goat Poo
- Sorry about that! You should be able to edit the page now. -Towelcat (talk) 07:12, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
Botjobs up for adoption[edit source]
As more SMW stuff is being cached as JSON, this inevitably raises the need for someone to update these list regularly. If someone is already running automated bots at a frequency of about roughly every week, could you adopt the slottables too?
Example of how to manually update the weapon slot list:
Edit Module:Slottable, and in the debug console enter
Copy and paste the output (except the two first log lines) into Module:Slottable/weapon. Repeat for all the other slot types.
This shouldn't be too hard to automate. --The scribe 11:48, 27 November 2020 (UTC)
add a note for the effective droprate of a DFH on the Mithril Dragon page[edit source]
I suggest adding a note to the Dragon full helm rarity on the Mithril dragon drop table to add the droprate from the expected Chewed bones as well. With chewed bones droprate of 3/128 and DFH rarity from burning chewed bones at 1/256 - any one mithril dragon kill would give the chance of (3/128)*(1/256)=(3/32,768) chance of getting a DFH from a chewed bones drop. This would give the "actual" rarity of a DFH from a mithril dragon to 4/32,768 or 1/8,192, which i believe would look much for feasible to the average oldschool runescape player.
I would say that this would be a nice change for anyone looking to get a DFH as a drop and just looking at the wiki page with the 1/32,768 rarity might make them discouraged whereas seeing 1/8,192 looks much more feasible. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 14:38, December 2, 2020 (UTC).
- This already exists on dragon full helm's page. I think it would be superfluous on the mithril dragon page considering it's not the only attraction behind killing mithril dragons – anyone specifically looking for the helmet would likely go to its article. --laagone talk 14:44, 2 December 2020 (UTC)
Spell information from List of spells page is incorrect.[edit source]
On the list of spells page the information for the level 66 Kharyrll Teleport says that is the only Ancient Magicks teleport spell that that can be used in the Portal Chamber of the POH which isn't true. Many other teleports from the Ancient Magicks spell book are avalable in the Portal Chamber. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Danilov (talk) on 01:10, December 26, 2020 (UTC).
Wiki issue[edit source]
On the newest update page, I tried fixing a small typo error, but it won't let me.
"We recently removed a free-to-play 750 skill total world from US East, which we has now been replaced with World 393, based in the same location."
- Update posts are protected from new and unregistered editors to prevent spam. They are copied verbatim from runescape.com, so it is correct. --laagone talk 01:39, 11 January 2021 (UTC)
Uncheck all Button[edit source]
Is it possible to change the "Uncheck all" button into a "Check all" while no checkbox is checked? There are plenty good reasons why to add such a feature. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 03:11, January 15, 2021 (UTC).
Garden of Tranquility Quest Guide[edit source]
Good afternoon, I love using the guides on this site, however I have come accross a slight issue. The guide that presents the final planting of all the seeds obtained in this quest have been colour co-ordinated on the image provided. This is basically impossible for me as I am colourblind and cannot see the differences in colour in relation to their planting locations.
Would it be possible to add a numbering system to these also, to allow other people who are colourblind complete this quest?
- This page is for administator requests; Talk:Garden of Tranquillity or File talk:Garden of Tranquillity - Garden map.png is probably the place to post. You can add Template:Retake image to the image's page with an explanation, or fix it yourself (with an account). Please sign with four tildes. 188.8.131.52 16:51, 19 February 2021 (UTC)
"Prevent removal of floor template" false positives[edit source]
I'd like to see some unproposed change to Special:AbuseFilter/13. Special:Diff/14019061 is silly and I keep triggering this abuse filter also in cases where I'm not even touching the floor template. No, I'm not registering an account to get around it. Please. 184.108.40.206 19:34, 22 February 2021 (UTC)
- Hey, I've changed ABF#13 to no longer trigger when simply changing text in a line that just happens to contain . It will still trigger on edits that actually change a floor number, or remove a floornumber template altogether. However, it's now a warning (which could be changed back to a disallow if deemed necessary) which for now means that you should be able to submit the edit anyway, if you are sure of your edit. There will probably be limits to how much we can scale back protection/filters, since it's very uncommon to have an unregistered person making that many technical changes.
On a related note, I would like to ask you, could you give me a single reason why you refuse to create an account, even though doing so would avoid any issues like this, would allow you to easily enable gadgets like AdvancedData, and would give you access to edit semi-protected pages/modules and upload files? I'm not trying to convince or push you, I'm just trying to understand what a person like you who seems to consider literally everything in a hyperrational perspective, does not like about creating an account. I can't imagine any downsides at all, let alone any downsides outweighing the upsides (such as those I mentioned), so I really can't grasp the rationale behind your refusal to create an account. Also, I think creating an account would fix the "You have new messages" issue you're experiencing, because logged-in users probably have a different system of tracking their new messages - going by the fact logged-in users have an alerts tray and notices tray - meaning that having an account would likely also solve this issue for you.Joeytje50 (talk) 20:59, 22 February 2021 (UTC); edited 220.127.116.11 21:33, 22 February 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks. 18.104.22.168 21:33, 22 February 2021 (UTC)
Special:SearchDigest off watchlist[edit source]
Bdriver12 hijAcked account[edit source]
I try to login it says account was hijAcked I need the account unlocked as my hijacked account was not hijacked I have access to it I need login available please. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk).
Account deletion[edit source]
- Please send a message through Special:Contact. 14:57, 22 March 2021 (UTC)
Black demons - False information about ring of wealth (i)[edit source]
When you go to black demons page there is this sentence:
"The hard clue scroll rarity changes to 1/64 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn."
And i think that it should be like this:
"The hard clue scroll rarity changes to 1/64 in wilderness if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn."
It is misleading. There are some other pages aswell that says the same but not stating that it only works in wilderness. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Glafuski (talk) on 17:34, 26 March 2021 (UTC).
Automatic Dark Mode If Detected[edit source]
Currently, if your device preference is set to dark mode, the wiki gives you a pop up message when you open it instructing you how to switch to dark mode. I feel it would be a lot better if this just happened automatically without asking me. Specifically it would be good for me because my browser deletes cookies when I close it, so I need to reset this often, but I also feel it just makes sense (youtube automatically switches to dark mode for example). If anyone disagrees strongly feel free to ignore this, just a suggestion / request. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 16:45, 27 March 2021 (UTC).
Feldip Hills Underground Map Needs Updating[edit source]
To whom it may concern,
I was trying to edit the blue dragon and baby blue dragon wiki pages to reflect the new spawns for both types, and I believe your Feldip Hills Underground (FHU) Map is outdated as it does not reflect the changes brought about by soul wars. Secondly, my coordinate system through runelite and from multiple online sources seem to be using a different origin point than that of your system (in reference to the map link pins). Is there a system or site or an official source you guys use for your coordinates? Thanks, A Player thankful for the services you guys provide to the community
drop quanitly of trading sticks by tribesmen[edit source]
I recieved a drop of 62 trading sticks from tribesmen on karamja island and the wiki only says quailites of 15. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2601:189:57e:5140:d9ed:78e6:de5c:c966 (talk) on 18:48, 17 April 2021 (UTC).
Volcanic Ash[edit source]
In the Volcanic Ash page there is a typo in the example of using a compost potion to make ultra compost,in the first bin where it appears instead of weed or other compost resorces in it's place is watermelon. like to make ultra compost in the compost bin you need, 15 watermelon ,1 dose of compost potion ,25 volcanic ash and 15 buckets. i tried to edit but wasn't able to. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Psyqualia (talk) on 14:48, 23 April 2021 (UTC).
- Thanks for letting us know; I've fixed it so it now correctly lists weeds + compost potion + ash for the ultracompost. Joeytje50 talk 15:24, 23 April 2021 (UTC)
Improve "update file" interface[edit source]
It has occured to me that several files had a "Subject" in their license that did not link to an existing page. After trying to upload a file myself, I found out that the interface to upload files does not have the possibility to change this subject in the license. The subject does get auto-generated based on the target filename, which is great. Do you think you can make an extra input field in this interface that lets you customize this subject?
Have a nice day! TheGuyWhoWantedToHaveAnIpAdressInHisUsernameWhichWasNotAllowed (talk) 16:31, 23 April 2021 (UTC)
- Part of this improvement was to assist in newer folks being able to easily upload files with the appropriate licensing. Where it doesn't work is if there's any sort of Disambiguation on the file name. We currently don't have a way to implement an extra input field. One thing that might help is if we point more seasoned editors to either a BatchUpload option if they're doing multiple files that would fall under the same subject, or just to manually type in the license in the description box... It's one thing that was meant to solve one issue but caused another. Thanks for bringing this up and we're open to all suggestions. :) --Legaia2Pla ᴛ · ʟ · ᴄ 02:16, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
Merge history of Angler probability chart[edit source]
Misspelling In Wintertodt Article (References Section)[edit source]
In the references section of the Wintertodt article there is a misspelling in reference #7. "Probably why them fiery lot have had to much trouble recently". You can verify the dialogue by looking at the transcript for the Forsaken Tower quest under the "Talking to Undor" section. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 22:27, May 2, 2021 (UTC).
2nd best in slot staff for bursting/barraging doesnt exist on wiki[edit source]
Hello this is a big issue that needs to be adressed. Its about the basic nightmare staff which currently is the 2nd best in slot for bursting/barraging (after kodai wand) and it AUTOCASTS ancient magiks. But the nm staff is only mentioned on 1 single page on the entire wiki which is the dust devils slayer guide. Srsly this needs to be adressed, since this isnt on wiki its mentioned no where and literally no one knows about it.
Why this is important? Well the nm staff, when it comes to bursting, is basically a kodai wand for 29mil without the rune saving effect, shouldnt stuff like this be common knowledge? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Pink cape776 (talk) on 14:26, 17 May 2021 (UTC).
- EDIT: Looks like its been added at some places, still missing at the greater nechryael guide —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Pink cape776 (talk) on 14:38, 17 May 2021 (UTC).
"Expected Quantity" in drop tables and item source tables[edit source]
Can the default format for drop tables and item source tables be altered to add an additional column for "expected quantity"? This would be rarity multiplied by quantity and would be useful when deciding whether to farm a certain NPC for an item or not. "Expected price" may also be useful on drop tables (rarity x price). —The preceding unsigned comment was added by BadgerEnergy (talk) on 14:32, 18 May 2021 (UTC).
Lumbridge Diary Glitch[edit source]
I have crafted a coif in lumbridge cow pen as instructed by the diary. it appeared as completed in my chat box but is not showing as crossed off on the list when the diary list is opened?? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 21:39, 22 May 2021 (UTC).
- Try relogging and checking the exact message you got I guess, otherwise you can right click the report button to report game bugs, but we're not jagex and are not able to help with bugs. 22:55, 22 May 2021 (UTC)