What this page is for[edit source]
- Protecting/unprotecting pages. Highly visible pages or content that may have links from outside websites are encouraged to have some level of protection. This can also include a request for administrators to try and calm down an edit war. This should be done according to the Runescape:Protection policy.
- Moving/renaming protected pages and files. Due to vandals' mis-use of the page move tool, some pages are protected from being renamed except by an administrator. If you can make a compelling case for a page move, or consensus has been reached on the respective discussion page related to the page you think needs to be renamed, formal requests for the page move can happen here. New contributors to this wiki or "anonymous" users wishing to rename a page that don't have the page move option available to them yet are also welcome to make such requests on this page.
- Minor edits to protected pages. This is mostly on protected templates that can have a substantial impact on the whole wiki if they are changed, so caution is urged when they are modified.
- Announcements that are intended to be across the whole wiki. This appears on MediaWiki:Sitenotice, and should be something that would be of interest to the whole community.
- Importing pages from another wiki. While seldom used for content on this wiki, this is an option that is available for bringing in content from another wiki and preserving its edit history, which requires administrator rights. This may take some time, so be patient if you wish to make this sort of request. MediaWiki importing tools can sometimes be buggy, so be gentle on volunteer administrators doing this task.
- Hiding revisions and/or edit summaries. In the case of blatant copyright violations, significantly offensive material, identity establishing information, or any other content that poses a major risk to the wiki or its editors, the revision(s) may be hidden using Special:RevisionDelete.
- General questions to the administrators of this wiki. You might get a faster reply by posting on the User help page; however, the administrators here will try to help you to the best of their abilities.
What this page is not for[edit source]
- Problems that do not require administrator tools to complete. Instead, please visit the user help page.
- Problem users who may be vandalising content pages. Instead, please note the user that may be causing problems on the Counter-Vandalism Unit page.
- Requests to become an administrator. If you are interested in learning what an administrator does or how you can become one, please visit the Administrators page for information about administrators and Requests for adminship page for the process to become an administrator.
- General discussions about administrator behaviour. Most policy discussions, including policies that govern administrators, ought to be started on the Redwood Grove and kept to that forum for input from the larger Old School RuneScape Wiki community.
- Minor requests for deletion. If you've accidentally duplicated content or wish to just clean up a mess you've made on the wiki, you should simply tag the page with .
Note: Please only make requests on this page that specifically require sysop tools to fulfil.
|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 |
- 1 What this page is for
- 2 What this page is not for
- 3 Click here to add a new request.
- 4 Requests
- 4.1 Barbarian Drop Table
- 4.2 Steel Dragon Curry Drop Minor Visual Change
- 4.3 Fix small formatting error in Bronze Dragon Deadman Mode drop table
- 4.4 Offensive Language goat poo?
- 4.5 Botjobs up for adoption
- 4.6 add a note for the effective droprate of a DFH on the Mithril Dragon page
- 4.7 Spell information from List of spells page is incorrect.
- 4.8 Wiki issue
- 4.9 Uncheck all Button
Barbarian Drop Table[edit source]
I received an amulet mould from a barbarian and think it should be added to the drop table because it is important for the new leagues. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 16:40, 02 November 2020 (UTC).
- it is already included here: Barbarian#Other 2 16:43, 2 November 2020 (UTC)
Steel Dragon Curry Drop Minor Visual Change[edit source]
Currently it displays the drop as as 2 separate drops of 1/128 quant 1 and 1/128 quant 2 when instead it could be displayed as 1/64 quant 1-2. I know they've coded it that way but it makes much more visual sense to change it to the other version
- While that would look better visually, they are completely separate drops in the code itself (like you said). Combining them would be more inaccurate in general, plus we don't reduce the fractional values. There is a method to do that using the cogwheel on the table header on any of the drop tables to convert them for you to the reduced format. Jakesterwars (talk) 13:07, 5 November 2020 (UTC)
Fix small formatting error in Bronze Dragon Deadman Mode drop table[edit source]
The area in question says:
The fl ying drops and rarities only apply to Deadman Mode.
It's likely supposed to say "The following drops and rarities only apply to Deadman Mode.", but since it's part of a drop table, admin permissions are required to make an edit. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 02:29, 18 November 2020 (UTC).
Offensive Language goat poo?[edit source]
While adding a trivia section to the mountain goat page I ran into the offensive language problem. My only guess is it didn't want me to write poo.
Although no trolls are named after goats, an ice troll in Weiss is named Goat Poo
- Sorry about that! You should be able to edit the page now. -Towelcat (talk) 07:12, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
Botjobs up for adoption[edit source]
As more SMW stuff is being cached as JSON, this inevitably raises the need for someone to update these list regularly. If someone is already running automated bots at a frequency of about roughly every week, could you adopt the slottables too?
Example of how to manually update the weapon slot list:
Edit Module:Slottable, and in the debug console enter
Copy and paste the output (except the two first log lines) into Module:Slottable/weapon. Repeat for all the other slot types.
add a note for the effective droprate of a DFH on the Mithril Dragon page[edit source]
I suggest adding a note to the Dragon full helm rarity on the Mithril dragon drop table to add the droprate from the expected Chewed bones as well. With chewed bones droprate of 3/128 and DFH rarity from burning chewed bones at 1/256 - any one mithril dragon kill would give the chance of (3/128)*(1/256)=(3/32,768) chance of getting a DFH from a chewed bones drop. This would give the "actual" rarity of a DFH from a mithril dragon to 4/32,768 or 1/8,192, which i believe would look much for feasible to the average oldschool runescape player.
I would say that this would be a nice change for anyone looking to get a DFH as a drop and just looking at the wiki page with the 1/32,768 rarity might make them discouraged whereas seeing 1/8,192 looks much more feasible. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 14:38, December 2, 2020 (UTC).
- This already exists on dragon full helm's page. I think it would be superfluous on the mithril dragon page considering it's not the only attraction behind killing mithril dragons – anyone specifically looking for the helmet would likely go to its article. --laagone talk 14:44, 2 December 2020 (UTC)
Spell information from List of spells page is incorrect.[edit source]
On the list of spells page the information for the level 66 Kharyrll Teleport says that is the only Ancient Magicks teleport spell that that can be used in the Portal Chamber of the POH which isn't true. Many other teleports from the Ancient Magicks spell book are avalable in the Portal Chamber. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Danilov (talk) on 01:10, December 26, 2020 (UTC).
Wiki issue[edit source]
On the newest update page, I tried fixing a small typo error, but it won't let me.
"We recently removed a free-to-play 750 skill total world from US East, which we has now been replaced with World 393, based in the same location."
- Update posts are protected from new and unregistered editors to prevent spam. They are copied verbatim from runescape.com, so it is correct. --laagone talk 01:39, 11 January 2021 (UTC)
Uncheck all Button[edit source]
Is it possible to change the "Uncheck all" button into a "Check all" while no checkbox is checked? There are plenty good reasons why to add such a feature. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 03:11, January 15, 2021 (UTC).