What this page is for[edit source]
- Protecting/unprotecting pages. Highly visible pages or content that may have links from outside websites are encouraged to have some level of protection. This can also include a request for administrators to try and calm down an edit war. This should be done according to the Runescape:Protection policy.
- Moving/renaming protected pages and files. Due to vandals' mis-use of the page move tool, some pages are protected from being renamed except by an administrator. If you can make a compelling case for a page move, or consensus has been reached on the respective discussion page related to the page you think needs to be renamed, formal requests for the page move can happen here. New contributors to this wiki or "anonymous" users wishing to rename a page that don't have the page move option available to them yet are also welcome to make such requests on this page.
- Minor edits to protected pages. This is mostly on protected templates that can have a substantial impact on the whole wiki if they are changed, so caution is urged when they are modified.
- Announcements that are intended to be across the whole wiki. This appears on MediaWiki:Sitenotice, and should be something that would be of interest to the whole community.
- Importing pages from another wiki. While seldom used for content on this wiki, this is an option that is available for bringing in content from another wiki and preserving its edit history, which requires administrator rights. This may take some time, so be patient if you wish to make this sort of request. MediaWiki importing tools can sometimes be buggy, so be gentle on volunteer administrators doing this task.
- Hiding revisions and/or edit summaries. In the case of blatant copyright violations, significantly offensive material, identity establishing information, or any other content that poses a major risk to the wiki or its editors, the revision(s) may be hidden using Special:RevisionDelete.
- General questions to the administrators of this wiki. You might get a faster reply by posting on the User help page; however, the administrators here will try to help you to the best of their abilities.
What this page is not for[edit source]
- Problems that do not require administrator tools to complete. Instead, please visit the user help page.
- Problem users who may be vandalising content pages. Instead, please note the user that may be causing problems on the Counter-Vandalism Unit page.
- Requests to become an administrator. If you are interested in learning what an administrator does or how you can become one, please visit the Administrators page for information about administrators and Requests for adminship page for the process to become an administrator.
- General discussions about administrator behaviour. Most policy discussions, including policies that govern administrators, ought to be started on the Redwood Grove and kept to that forum for input from the larger Old School RuneScape Wiki community.
- Minor requests for deletion. If you've accidentally duplicated content or wish to just clean up a mess you've made on the wiki, you should simply tag the page with .
Note: Please only make requests on this page that specifically require sysop tools to fulfil.
|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 |
- 1 What this page is for
- 2 What this page is not for
- 3 Click here to add a new request.
- 4 Requests
- 4.1 Iron Dragon Drop Rate of Draconic Visage
- 4.2 Master Farmers Update Drop Rates/Quantites
- 4.3 RuneScape:Contact us
- 4.4 Skeleton (Tarn's Lair) / Agility Potion Drop sources
- 4.5 Adding Discord images to Whitelist
- 4.6 Move File via Revert
- 4.7 Audio Files
- 4.8 Unable to complete quest
- 4.9 Cryptic inappropriate language warning
- 4.10 Wrong Information in the Champion's Challenge Article!
Iron Dragon Drop Rate of Draconic Visage[edit source]
The Iron Dragons page says the odds of Draconic Visage is 1/5000, but that contradicts the Draconic Visage page that states 1/10000. It must be 1/10000, otherwise Iron Dragons would drop it at twice the rate of Steel Dragons. I can't correct it on the Iron Dragons page because drop rates confirmed by Jagex are protected. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 00:19, 24 April 2020.
- The 1/5,000 rate is for Deadman Mode, and normally its 1/10,000. I believe we do make that distinction on the iron dragon page. -- SpineTalk 00:22, 24 April 2020 (UTC)
- My bad. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 01:12, 25 April 2020.
Master Farmers Update Drop Rates/Quantites[edit source]
I asked Mod Ash on Twitter about the drop quantites of Wildblood seeds and Snape grass seeds and have citations and quotes from him (here) and (here). I was unable to actually add these changes that I so carefully tried to make as my first contribution but was blocked as the current rates are apparently locked in due to Mod Wolf previously confirming most of them already (but not Snape grass seeds). How do I update the page with the new information? Thanks! StarYeen 18:27, 22 April 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Sorry you couldn't edit the pages yourself; I guess we have some restrictions on editing Jagex-confirmed drop tables, since in most cases they shouldn't really be touched. :P I've added the proper snape grass seed rarity and adjusted the wildblood seed quantity to match Ash's tweets. BigDiesel2m (talk) 18:56, 22 April 2020 (UTC)
RuneScape:Contact us[edit source]
Hi! Can we please get the Bureaucrats and Administrators tables moved towards the bottom of the page? That will better align with the last bit of the page that states: Contact any of the following Old School RuneScape Wiki administrators' by leaving a message on one of their talk pages (see links below):. Additionally, can we get that random apostrophe removed from that same sentence? Thanks! Legaia2Pla ᴛ · ʟ · ᴄ 01:39, 2 April 2020 (UTC)
- Can we just get that page unprotected (or at least semi) since it is in violation of RS:PP and the reason given for protecting it is: "probably nobody needs to edit it" which is evidently false as proven by this request. チェン (話し合う) 01:41, 2 April 2020 (UTC)
- Fixed for both instances. Jakesterwars (talk) 01:44, 2 April 2020 (UTC)
Skeleton (Tarn's Lair) / Agility Potion Drop sources[edit source]
I believe this change falls under the
"Minor edits to protected pages. This is mostly on protected templates that can have a substantial impact on the whole wiki if they are changed, so caution is urged when they are modified."
I have a newer Ironman account and was finsihing the quest TAi Bwo Wannai Trio. In the quest you are required to have an agility potion (4). When looking up scources for this the only thing that i could find are either making it with herblore, killing a lvl 63/72/77 Skeletion after completing a quest, or waiting for the Hyde random event. After about 3 weeks of waiting for the evet while skilling I started to get impatient because i had over 10k Karambwans in my bank that I couldn't cook. I then was rewatching a Swampletics video where he was testing the drops of the lowest level Skeletons and on his first drop of a level 40 was an Agility potion (2). I then confermed this on my main and then again on my ironman. My main only took 6 kills to get the drop but it took 120 on my ironman so i dont know what the rate would be, but it should be known they drop it.
Posted; 4/8/2020 Jace Solo
- Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Turns out, despite the name of the droptable subroutine being called "~lotr_skeleton_droptable_lvl61_80", the level 40 Skeletons in Tarn's Lair were also using that table (instead of "~lotr_skeleton_droptable_lvl40_60" as we would have expected). It's been confirmed in game and corrected on the page. :) BigDiesel2m (talk) 20:58, 20 April 2020 (UTC)
Adding Discord images to Whitelist[edit source]
Hello, I was hoping that we could add Discord images to the Whitelist for hotlinking. This could provide an alternative for external images on the Wiki. There was a user that expressed concerns about using some of the alternatives due to potential expiry of the image. Thank you! Legaia2Pla ᴛ · ʟ · ᴄ 01:03, 11 April 2020 (UTC)
Move File via Revert[edit source]
Hello! I don't remember who it was that made it so when a File: is moved, the redirect option is automatically unchecked. I found an instance where this isn't working as anticipated and hoping we can get it sorted. When you go to a user's public log, there is an option to select (revert) on the log about moving a file. However, when doing this, the redirect option is still checked by default. Here's an example: (revert) Thank you! Legaia2Pla ᴛ · ʟ · ᴄ 18:35, 11 April 2020 (UTC)
- The gadget that defines that behaviour (MediaWiki:Gadget-UncheckFileRedirect.js) has been updated and should now function correctly on both regular moves and move reverts. BigDiesel2m (talk) 02:01, 19 April 2020 (UTC)
Audio Files[edit source]
Hello! Our audio files act weird on the Wiki. On their respective article pages, it's not possible to open the menu on the audio player; the menu appears to hide behind the Infobox. Additionally, on the actual file page, if you click
File the player appears and starts playing. This sort of occurrence happens in Recent changes and when searching for an Audio file. The RSW does not appear to have the same issues. Hoping we can find a way to improve usability for these sort of files.
Related to Files, but not the player. There is a weird TimedText option on .ogg files. Wondering if this is needed, and if not if we're able to remove or hide it. You can find the link at the top of an audio file page like File:Harmony 2.ogg or directly at https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/TimedText:Harmony_2.ogg. Thanks! Legaia2Pla ᴛ · ʟ · ᴄ 23:32, 16 April 2020 (UTC)
- Clarification, for searching it's when you search for the
File:not the music track page. An example of the player appearing can be found here: Discord message. Legaia2Pla ᴛ · ʟ · ᴄ 23:41, 16 April 2020 (UTC)
Unable to complete quest[edit source]
While trying to complete the quest Demon Slayer, the text block for wizard Traiborn that should come up to ask about a key, does not come up. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2603:9000:810b:8520:6cf7:d00d:de12:ec22 (talk) on 23:46, 27 April 2020.
- I would suggest making sure that you obtained the first and second key before attempting to get the third from Traiborn. Additionally, this section of the Wiki is for requesting something to be done that requires admin tools. I would suggest joining our Discord for any further assistance with the quest. Thanks! :) -Legaia2Pla ᴛ · ʟ · ᴄ 23:52, 27 April 2020 (UTC)
Cryptic inappropriate language warning[edit source]
"Hitpoints is the only defensive skill commonly trained among pures due to the fact that training ranged, attack and strength with standard methods grants hitpoints experience." seems to trigger inappropriate language warning, which rejected my edit to the Free-to-play combat pure guide page. I'm not sure what exactly triggers the filter, but I was unable to add simple variations of this sentence to the hitpoints section. - PureF2P (talk) 10:58, 20 May 2020 (UTC)
- The filter matched on
grants Hitpointsdue to the
s Hitsubstring (it removes whitespace before looking for matches). It can be a bit of a double-edged sword at times, but false positives like this are relatively rare. It's probably better to reword it without that substring (so others can edit the line in the future without running into the same problem). Let me know if you'd like it added anyway. -Towelcat (talk) 11:23, 20 May 2020 (UTC)
Wrong Information in the Champion's Challenge Article![edit source]
Greetings - I just wanted to say that the following line in the Champion's Article https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Champions%27_Challenge is wrong:
There are eleven champions that may challenge the player, and each one lays down certain rules for the fight. It is possible to use a Dwarf multicannon in the arena, it will even deal damage to Champions who are immune to range attacks from the player.
- That is not the case - I just tried to kill the Giant Champion with the Multi Canon and Larxus said "I believe you were told that you cannot use range against this Champion" or sth like that.
- Hello! I have gone ahead and added the information about the cannon. In the future, feel free to edit the page yourself and add the information. Additionally, please feel free to the use any page's respective Discussion tab to talk about the page, including if information is wrong or missing. This section is best used only for requests that require administrator rights to perform. Thank you! Legaia2Pla ᴛ · ʟ · ᴄ 02:12, 27 May 2020 (UTC)