RuneScape:Administrator requests/Archive 3
|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 |
Table of monsters with gold per kill
Hello! I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to create a table of of monsters with a gold per kill value. Kind of like how the Gargoyles page have an estimate of 4k gold per kill or how the moneymaking guides have an estimate on bosses and things. Now that we have a lot of guaranteed drop rates from Jagex, it would be interesting to see average profit per kill for a lot of monsters without pulling each one up individually. If there is a template I could follow, I could create the page as well. I'm just not very good at making new pages. Thanks! ~spindlejulix
Low Level Alchemy Value Table
It doesn't exist in the wiki and i think it would be useful, not for magic training of course, but as a helper when figuring out profitable items for selling at the general stores. By trial and error i figured a few items like gold necklace and rune arrows, but a larger list would be convenient. - —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 05:45, 14 September 2019 (UTC).
- Is this what you're looking for? -- 06:36, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Nevermind, I didn't see that the Low Level part was empty. I'll let someone know. -- 06:39, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
Yeah, something like that. But i think that list is for profitable items when casting the spell, with nature rune cost included, which i think is why the low level part is empty: There are very few (if there is any) profitable items for low level alchemy. What i'm talking about is a new page featuring a list of all items in runescape osrs, showing the low level alchemy value of each item. Also, the high level alchemy value could be included as well. But thinking about it, this will take a lot of work and time. In any case, i can help to create it.
Sorceress's Garden Strategy Guide
Never played this, in fact I didn't even know it was a thing so can do from a novice position onwards but could do with some advice on the best way to approach the guide itself. Any way BigDan2m can message me with requirements? If it's just give it a go until it works then I'm ya gal :) -- —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Emchardanel (talk) on 07:53, 3 September 2019 (UTC).
- BigDan2m isn't a person, but I'll let BigDiesel2m know you were looking for him. -- 06:36, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
No calculator for finding gp/xp for Superheat Item in the magic category
In the section https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Calculators there is 3 calculators for magic but one of the most useful ones is superheat item, it is present in the RS3 wiki and I feel it would be a great addition to our page, as this is an excellent way to knock out both 99 smithing and magic at the same time. If possible I would like to see this added, and even I would be willing to build this page for you guys and just use one of the other magic calculators as a template.
"Prevent Removal of Floor Template"
I'm attempting to reorder some of the cryptic clues on the Treasure Trails page, but I'm unable to do so. The abuse rule cited is "prevent removal of floor template." Please help? I don't even understand what this means; it has been weeks since I've posted this question with no response. Hello?? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2604:2d80:8404:8333:2549:112a:217b:6628 (talk).
- I published the edit for you. The abuse filter in question is to prevent unregistered users from removing the template, and as you moved it, it only saw you deleting it from where it was (not realizing it was re-added elsewhere). --Julia talk 20:36, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
- In case you are interested in the full context here: the wiki uses British English, since Jagex is based in England. One difference between American and British English is that America numbers floors starting at 1 (First floor, second floor...) but British will start at ground (Ground floor, first floor, second floor...). Since the wiki has a lot of American editors, we have a template called FloorNumber that lets you write the American version when you write the article, and the british version will appear with a link explaining the difference. Despite this helpful template, we still have a lot of American editors who try to remove it and write the American style floor number. Our filter to prevent this unfortunately isn't smart enough to see that you were just moving it somewhere else on the page. You may want to consider creating an account so that most filters like this will no longer apply once you are logged in. Riblet15 (talk) 20:42, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
Sounds good - I will create an account. Thank you!
Ironman herblore guide
Cannot publish an edit to Ironman guide Herblore section because of inappropriate language. I believe this is an error. -- —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Kelafornia (talk) on 00:20, 3 October 2018 (UTC).
Mobile search system
Please can we add an abuse filter to catch the recent increase in spam bots?
I suggest one of the following conditions:
- Only allow
autoconfirmedusers to add external links to pages
- Disallow all edits with external links if the user has less than 10 edits already
I've added a simple one here. It should be okay for now. Ozank (talk) 17:30, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
Buy limits in infobox item
Currently the buy limit shown on a page's infobox seems to be fetched from the gemw data page of that item (like module:Exchange/Cabbage), and that can only be edited by admins or the bot. And admins do seem to occasionally edit it manually, and it's always to update the buy limit. I don't think buy limits need a protected status unlike ge prices, so I think the infobox item module should be modified to take the buy limit as a normal parameter from the page or something. Taatuu2 (talk) 18:06, 14 November 2018 (UTC)
- Responded to why it's not feasible on your talk page. If you wish to add new buy limits, please leave a message on the item's talk page, Grand Exchange/Buying limits, or any other forms of communication. Shoyrukon (talk) 20:46, 14 November 2018 (UTC)
Item Prices On Items Not Updating
I was looking up the item "clay" not "soft clay" and noticed the last time the chart updated was 3 days ago. Today is Sunday 12/9/2018 and the last time the charts updated was 12/6/2018 was just curious to know why this is happening.
- It seems the auto grand exchange updater was off for whatever reason. I've manually started the bot and will contact the owner for you. - 17:42, 9 December 2018 (UTC)
Undelete sapling money making guides
It looks like Spineweilder deleted the guides for making money by growing saplings as "not practical" on Dec 13 UTC. This does not match my experience; I have successfully used these methods, as have other people. I believe they should be undeleted, because they are useful (especially seeing all the information on the Money Making Guide summary pages, for helping choose which seeds to use if you want to do this method). —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 04:53, December 20, 2018 (UTC).
- It looks like some of the pages have been re-created already. These was a discussion about this on the Discord server (in #wiki-osrs), regarding whether or not they're useful; I can't remember the details, but it mostly boiled down to (i) buy limits make it unsustainable (ii) prices are too volatile. If you and others have had good experiences with it making money, I don't see a reason why it can't be reinstated, although I'm open to more opinions before I personally make any decisions. --Julia talk 20:13, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
Delete duplicate table on Sherlock page
The Master skill challenges table on the Sherlock page is duplicated in the page and in an embedded sub-page. I think this was done erroneously. I am unable to remove the table from the main page because it makes up most of the page (by bytes), due to the page blanking rule. Cynfero (talk) 04:08, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
Add favicon to wiki
On Firefox I added the wiki as a custom search engine, but it gets a generic search icon. Could we get the OSRS badge as the favicon that is on the oldschool website? Very minor but nice feature, thanks for the wiki :)
Bot breaking GEMW data
It appears that CookBot has inadvertantly broken a number of inboxs such that they no longer show GEMW data and incorrectly state that an item is not sold on the GE. See here and here as well as here and here for examples. The Bot's userpage does not state its operator hence why I am leaving a message here instead. Cheers, 18.104.22.168 03:39, 24 January 2019 (UTC)
- Fixed -- the issue was that we split the infobox into two versions (one for the tradeable ensouled head, one for the untradeable), but didn't set the priority so that the tradeable one showed first. ʞooɔ 04:02, 24 January 2019 (UTC)
I was trying to update the melee setups for this page, but I couldn't submit the edit due to "using offensive language". I believe this is an error (as putting offensive language definitely wasn't intended), any help?
- I've published your edit, but due to the finickiness of the abuse filter, the formatting may be messed up a bit, so I encourage you to take a second look. -- 22:15, 28 February 2019 (UTC)
Adding to required quests substructure for Mourning's Ends Part I
Hi, currently the required quests for Mourning's Ends part 1 lists Roving Elves without its subquests. I wanted to fix this, but got hit with a " If you believe your action was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Warn and tag repeating characters".
I can't paste the code I wanted to change, because I get the same error.
Editing Pay-to-play melee training (section)
- I looked at the abuse filter and it appears it only warns you if it detects foul language, but you can still go through with the edit after the warning. --Julia talk 13:21, 9 March 2019 (UTC)
I recently made an edit to the Bandit page with a strategy section and I somehow triggered the profanity filter. Can an administrator please review this and remove the mark from my record? I did not intend to trigger the filter in any way. And please let me know which word I used that triggered the filter - I changed some of the words on a second edit and I did not trigger the filter that time. Thank you, --Saxazax (talk) 18:07, 22 April 2019 (UTC)
- I believe the false positive comes from the words "who receive". As the abuse filter is just a warning, no actions have been taken against your account. I will add the edit to the page for you. - 18:23, 22 April 2019 (UTC)
Distinction between Teleport spells and Teleport tablets
I have a concern regarding the naming of the teleport pages. For instance if you type Annakarl Teleport, that refers to the spell, but if you type Annakarl teleport without capital 'T' you get send to the teletab page. This could lead to some confusion. Would it be possible to create some greater distinction between the teleport spells and the teleport tablets? (I'm thinking it may require changing of titles.) btw thanks for fixing my Trahaearn page
- The problem with this is that the all capital name is the in game name while the lowercase version is the item name. Jakesterwars (talk) 01:11, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
Would it be possible to delete all the redundant runecrafting portals and put them as just one single article? it feels really unnecessary to have so many articles, when they can all be described in one single Portal (Runecrafting). —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Exaldin (talk) on 22:15, 3 June 2019 (UTC).
I think there's an issue with the sidebar under the community tab, where it says Discord serverRuneScape:One Small Wiki Favour https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/MediaWiki:Sidebar