RuneScape:Don't edit userpages
These are rules when it comes to editing user pages.
- Vandalise the page.
- Change spellings on any user page, as the owner may want it that way.
- Add or remove things from the user page if you think it would make the page look better, as the user may not want it to be so.
- Think that user pages are talk pages!
- If you notice anything obscene on a user page (crude photos, messages that may be harmful to someone else or anything that breaks one of Jagex's rules, but not vulgar language or swearing as this is allowed in userspace) automatically remove it. If you are unsure if it breaks this rule, contact another user to check it out.
- To clear red links from the wanted pages list or make other maintenance edits.
- If editors are given permission by the author to edit the page. This includes guestbooks and some sandboxes.
- To revert vandalism, or undo a user violating this policy in another way.
IP edits to a userpage
There is a difference between a person and their account, and this policy serves to ensure that a person's userpage is not edited by another person. Sometimes IP edits to a userpage are actually done by the userpage's owner who simply did not log in. A seemingly legitimate edit made by an IP may be the userpage's owner and should not be undone, unless it appears to you that the IP was not the page's owner. Use your own discretion, in that regard.