RuneScape:Requests for adminship/Legaia2Pla
I would like to nominate Legaia for adminship. Since joining the wiki last year, Legaia has been one of the most energetic and involved members of the community, both in terms of editing the wiki and sharing his opinions on the Forums/Discord. He has taken on a wide variety of projects, from minor maintenance tasks to leading the way on our Agility obstacle and shortcut coverage. As a Custodian and manager of his own Bot account he has used the permissions granted to him thus far with responsibility and care.
On the Forums and the Discord server, Legaia has been consistently involved in discussions about his projects, other projects on the wiki, and changes to wiki policies. In these he has engaged with other editors in a respectful and productive manner, both in sharing his opinions and understanding others. He is unafraid to ask questions when he needs assistance, and is eager to lend a hand when other editors could use his help.
In closing, I trust Legaia to represent the wiki well as an admin, and I trust his judgement when it comes to using the administrator tools in a responsible manner.
I, Legaia2Pla, accept this nomination for administratorship. I have read the policies concerning administrators. I realise that this nomination may fail. If I do get community consensus, I promise not to abuse my tools because I realise that this is a serious offence. If the community finds that I have done so, my tools will be revoked, and in extreme cases I could be given a community ban. Signed, Legaia2Pla ᴛ · ʟ · ᴄ 01:06, 13 April 2020 (UTC).
Questions for the nominee
1. What work do you intend to take part in?
- I plan to continue my maintenance work, but see some stuff to completion, such as the recent tags for speedy deletion I have on some file redirects. With administrative tools, I will be able to delete these files myself without needing to draw someone from their tasks to assist. Similarly, I plan to monitor the speedy deletion category to assist others in their maintenance endeavours.
2. What have been your most helpful contributions to the RuneScape Wiki, and why?
- Some of my helpful contributions include File management. This includes uploading new versions of chatheads, renaming files to align with naming policies, and licensing. I find this sort of work to be important for two reasons: first, if we're able to maintain the basics at a high level, then we're able to focus on broader projects, and second, if we keep things consistent, it makes it easier for newer folks to jump in. We lower the risk of confusion or misdirection.
3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- I don't think I've come across an instance of a conflict regarding editing. However, I have found myself as part of some conversations that might have seem heated at a point or another, but I find that I am able to keep a level head when discussing and try to analyze from not only both sides, but multiple angles of each sides.
Additional questions (asked by the community if necessary)
Support - I like James, I like James' work, and I think him being an admin would be a benefit to the wiki. As a sidenote, could Spine perhaps clarify the block on the 3rd of December? I assume this was a joke or mistake since it was undone in less than a minute but for the purposes of archival and putting reasons for things on the wiki, I'd like the reason to be stated here please :)01:18, 13 April 2020 (UTC)
- This is the full context I can make out. Just an accidental block of the reverter instead of the vandal. ʞooɔ 22:26, 14 April 2020 (UTC)
Support - per Spine pering Diesel, James is always doing something, maintenance of some sort, always super nice and helpful. Great ideas and always contributing.05:23, 15 April 2020 (UTC)
Support - I see him pretty much everyday contributing with useful edits. Also, he asks quite often for administrative work to be done, which tells me that he will use the given tools. Very active in the discord and always friendly to everybody. ─ BrokTalk 21:15, 15 April 2020 (UTC)
Oppose - 4 and a half months from new account to RfA? What is this, a charity? It's important to wait an arbitrary amount of time before becoming an admin, which as near as I can figure, is about 5.5 months. Come back again in a month . ʞooɔ 07:08, 16 April 2020 (UTC)