Welcome to the Old School RuneScape Wiki User Help page. This page is here to offer a central location for those who are participating with the development of this wiki to make general requests for help. For admin help, click here.
Note for requesters - Once a solution has been presented and implemented, please add a comment signifying completion, if the request hasn't already been archived. This is to help other users know when to archive completed requests.
What this page is for[edit source]
- Coding help. Requesting help with writing templates, making a nice user page, or any questions on writing wiki-code can be asked here and users will help to the best of their ability.
- Requests for non-administrative actions. If help is required with an action (such as moving a page), asking users here for help with that action is acceptable.
- Questions on how the wiki works. All the policies and processes in use on the Old School RuneScape Wiki may seem a little overwhelming at first. If you need help in understanding any of the policies, or more in depth instructions on a process, asking here is a good start.
- Other questions to the users of the wiki. - While the Redwood Grove is often a better place, a simple question may be asked here for a quick response.
- An all-in-one place to put things. Many of the Wiki's procedures are lesser-known, so putting a note here is a good way to do something if the correct procedure is not known.
What this page is not for[edit source]
- Requests for actions involving administrator tools. Please use Admin requests for such requests.
- Larger discussion with other users on policies or other wide-ranging actions. The Redwood Grove is a more suitable location to discuss larger changes to the Wiki's policies, procedures and high-use templates.
- General chat (about Old School RuneScape or not). General chat about Old School RuneScape (or an off-topic subject) should be taken to individual user talk pages, or article talk pages when applicable.
|1 • 2 |
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Requests
- 2.1 improving js calculators
- 2.2 How to intepret the 'date number' in historical price data?
- 2.3 Jad
- 2.4 Problem loading part of list on "Head slot table" page
- 2.5 Inventory images appearing with black background
- 2.6 Drop Rate of Nature Runes from Tree Spirits
- 2.7 AYUDAAAAA
- 2.8 Calculator addition
- 2.9 Remove "Spicey stew" in the search bar of the Wiki
- 2.10 Giant Sea Snake in Royal Trouble, additional information on the wiki
- 2.11 Help with pickpocketing elves
improving js calculators[edit source]
Looking at the Barrows calculator, it doesn't take into account the addition of bolt racks to the drop table when hitting 881+ reward points. I recognize that making JS publicly editable is a bad idea, but is there a place I can submit a pull request to add functionality to existing scripts? TheAtomicOption (talk) 22:39, 16 April 2020 (UTC)
- What do you mean it doesn't take bolt racks into account? If you set your "sum of crypt monster combat levels" variable to 230, that gets your reward points above 880, and that puts bolt racks on the table shown. ʞooɔ 22:46, 16 April 2020 (UTC)
- After trying again, it seems to be working now with the breakpoint being correctly at 212/213 sum of combat levels (880 total reward pts). This wasn't working for me previously, but as I'm unsure why I'll shrug and just say: thanks for the reply! (though my primary question about if/where code can be contributed remains unanswered) TheAtomicOption (talk)
How to intepret the 'date number' in historical price data?[edit source]
Hello, I would like to use your historical data for research purposes. However, I am having troubles understanding the date format. For example, in the historical data of exchange bonds Exchange:Old_school_bond, the datapoint for 2 March 22 is '1583107200:4503689' (from what I understand, the format is 'date:price').
What I have tried, though, is that I took the oldest date available and from that date I simply +1'd my way to the last data point, however, the date was off by a few months, thus, data for some days must be absent.
- the left side of the colon (1583107200) is a Unix timestamp, the right side (4503689) is the price at that time チェン (話し合う) 18:55, 2 March 2020 (UTC)
- You may find this page useful for interpretting and using GEMW pages: rsw:User:Gaz Lloyd/using gemw#Understanding (while it is on RSW, OSRSW is the same format and usually also includes volume). Gaz talk 22:47, 2 March 2020 (UTC)
Why the fuck does Jad RANDOMLY spawn on the other side of the fight caves. Normally he always spawns wherever the orange mage dies, but for some awesome reason he spawned in a random location in the caves and 1 hit me so thanks jagex. Imagine making a game 19 years ago and you still cant make something work correctly. I'm genuinely annoyed with your dogshit game. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2601:801:400:6a90:94a1:20a5:697a:43e6 (talk) on 22:05, 9 March 2020.
- Jad spawns where the orange mage *spawns*, not where it dies. I'm sorry to hear about your misadventures with Jad. -Towelcat (talk) 22:20, 9 March 2020 (UTC)
- Also, we're not Jagex. --laagone talk 22:22, 9 March 2020 (UTC)
Problem loading part of list on "Head slot table" page[edit source]
There is an issue when trying to view the latter part of the list in the "Head slot table" page.
When pressing the "501...564" link at the top of the page, the user is displayed a "Purge this page" message and a confirmation button. Pressing the button returns the user to the original page.
How does one fix such an issue?
- Hello! You should be able to click that part on the page now to get to the latter portion. You will have to purge in order to get back to the first 500 entries. It's a temporary fix; I'm going to bug someone now about the possibility to have it simply jump back and forth without having to purge. Legaia2Pla ᴛ · ʟ · ᴄ 01:06, 30 March 2020 (UTC)
Inventory images appearing with black background[edit source]
I am not sure, whether this is an issue to anyone else, but I have noticed that some inventory images across the wiki are beginning to appear with a black background rather than being transparent. An increasing amount, though seemingly random files like File:Iron bar.png appear to me with a black background, though the vast majority (like File:Steel bar.png) still look like they should. Does anyone else experience this glitch or knows what causes it? Exaldin (talk) 11:30, 12 April 2020 (UTC)
- It's caused by a Cloudflare rendering error and it's being worked on. --laagone talk 11:32, 12 April 2020 (UTC)
Drop Rate of Nature Runes from Tree Spirits[edit source]
The Tree Spirit pagehad incorrect information about incorrect information about nature rune drops scaling with player combat level, so I removed it. Source: https://twitter.com/JagexAsh/status/1252297079222931458'
In the tweet, Ash also provided the drops rates. My question is, what is the proper way to format the drop table showing different drops rates for quantities of the same item? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by TooMuchDad (talk) on 13:30, 24 April 2020.
- I went ahead and added them in so you could see how we handle this situation. We also archive the tweet for historical purposes since they can be removed over time. Thanks for the inquery for Ash! Jakesterwars (talk) 13:47, 24 April 2020 (UTC)
- Untradeables are lost in 20+ wilderness, sorry :(
- You'll need to do more Agility to get them again. -Towelcat (talk) 03:56, 6 May 2020 (UTC)
Calculator addition[edit source]
I have a brilliant formula which I have came up with which takes into account a players max GP/Hour to find the optimal bones to use at the alter. This formula can apply to any and all skills. I am wondering if it is possible for me to create a calculator using a single input field, the page would grab data from the GE. Not sure where to start, or if even possible? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Mooy Fluff (talk) on 05:42, 6 May, 2020.
- Join up in our Discord and bring it up in the #wiki-osrs channel. We'd like to hear about it and get you started if it's something you wish to make! Jakesterwars (talk) 04:24, 7 May 2020 (UTC)
Remove "Spicey stew" in the search bar of the Wiki[edit source]
I encounter a small typo in the search bar. I was looking for "Spic" and there is a search option for "Spicey stew". I was trying to contribute and remove it, but I think I can't remove it or I don't have the knowledge to do so. The "Spicey stew" has a category of "Spicy stew" which is a little bit redundant and grammatically incorrect. Can anyone remove it for me? I appreciate your help :)
- Hello, the page you're seeing in the search results is what's called a "redirect", you can read about them at RuneScape:Redirecting, but a tldr is they're pages for common typos and nicknames that serve the purpose of automatically getting users from a typo to the correct page without much annoyance. 21:44, 7 May 2020 (UTC)
Giant Sea Snake in Royal Trouble, additional information on the wiki[edit source]
Dont have the slayer required to attack this boss (40, i have 29). I did kill the boss with rings of recoil and did not get the quest item drop it was supposed to drop. I did try multiple times and tried to attack the boss to see if that helped.
This could be valuable information for people trying to finish quests without the stats needed. The guide states that you need 40 slayer to damage the boss and that this can be boosted, but somehow the game does not accept the sole use of rings of recoil.
I also filmed this if validation is needed.
Help with pickpocketing elves[edit source]
I have been farming gold using the pickpocketing elves money making guide since a few days, and i had no trouble at all at first. In the first four days i got about 18 enhanced crystals, and i was using teleport to house tablets to travel back to Prifddinas at my POH. But then i created an eternal teleport crystal, and since then (two days ago) i have been unable to get any more enhanced crystal seeds from pickpockets. Is this supposed to happen? Because i understand that this is something based in luck. Its just that i find it odd that the enhanced seeds stopped appearing specifically after i created the eternal crystal. The money making guide does not say anything about this. I have 99 thieving with skillcape and ardougne hard diary, so i have high chance for successful pickpockets. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 12:20 14 May, 2020.
- RNG is fickle. It IS a 1,024 chance so it's not absurd to go a while without one. To our knowledge there is nothing stopping you from getting more crystals after making the eternal. Jakesterwars (talk) 17:27, 14 May 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for the reply, i will keep trying —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 23:43, 14 May 2020.