Welcome to the Old School RuneScape Wiki User Help page. This page is here to offer a central location for those who are participating with the development of this wiki to make general requests for help. For admin help, click here.
Note for requesters - Once a solution has been presented and implemented, please add a comment signifying completion, if the request hasn't already been archived. This is to help other users know when to archive completed requests.
What this page is for[edit source]
- Coding help. Requesting help with writing templates, making a nice user page, or any questions on writing wiki-code can be asked here and users will help to the best of their ability.
- Requests for non-administrative actions. If help is required with an action (such as moving a page), asking users here for help with that action is acceptable.
- Questions on how the wiki works. All the policies and processes in use on the Old School RuneScape Wiki may seem a little overwhelming at first. If you need help in understanding any of the policies, or more in depth instructions on a process, asking here is a good start.
- Other questions to the users of the wiki. - While the RuneCafé is often a better place, a simple question may be asked here for a quick response.
- An all-in-one place to put things. Many of the Wiki's procedures are lesser-known, so putting a note here is a good way to do something if the correct procedure is not known.
What this page is not for[edit source]
- Requests for actions involving administrator tools. Please use Admin requests for such requests.
- Larger discussion with other users on policies or other wide-ranging actions. The RuneCafé is a more suitable location to discuss larger changes to the Wiki's policies, procedures and high-use templates.
- General chat (about Old School RuneScape or not). General chat about Old School RuneScape (or an off-topic subject) should be taken to individual user talk pages, or article talk pages when applicable.
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Requests
Moving farming contracts to their own page[edit source]
The most helpful information on farming contracts on the Wiki is currently attached to the page for Guildmaster Jane. I find that 100% of the time I spend on this page is for farming contracts rather than that NPC. It would make sense to me to have Farming contracts have their own Wiki page, rather than piggybacking on an NPC page. The info could also instead be added to the Farming Guild page, where the current information on contracts is fairly lacking. I would be happy to do this myself, but I'm not comfortable making such large edits without permission, and there are other issues I'm not experienced enough to resolve (for example 'farming contract' currently redirects to Guildmaster Jane), I've added a note on the Talk:Guildmaster Jane article to this effect. Thanks! FailGun (talk) 13:02, 7 June 2019 (UTC)
Need help with wiki page edit[edit source]
I need help editing a stub page "Skeleton (Tarn's lair)" I don't know why i can't do it. The combat levels of skeletons in tarn's lair only has 40 on the page. Combat levels 59, 87, 81, 63, and 42 need to be added. Also a massive range of drops need to be added including: fishing potion (1) x 1, steel studs 5-6, steel arrow x 9, unblessed symbol x 1, cannonball 1-6, coins 1-206, iron dart x 5, bronze nails x 17, steel mace x1, steel kiteshield x1, grimy marrentill x1, iron kiteshield x1, steel full helm x1, ring of duelling (3) x1, astral rune x2, grimy cadantine x1, grimy dwarf weed x1, iron axe x1, vial of water x1, combat potion (3) x1, mithril mace x1, water rune x4, iron ore x2, iron dagger x1, candle x1, cluescroll (easy), steel dagger x1, bullseye lantern (unf) x1, steel javelin p+ x2, bronze knife p x1, unstrung symbol x1, Iron warhammer x1, bronze plateskirt x1, champion's scroll (skeleton).
Chart Moving Averages[edit source]
Hi ! I use your charts alot ! Could you please add a feature to add several Moving Averages to the same item on the graph. For example: Logs. Be able to add multiple moving averages to view all at the same time. ex: 7day avg 30 day avg and 90 day avg all in the same chart.
Vial Smash page redirects to Barbarian Guard[edit source]
Just wanted to see if this was intentional as I cannot see information regarding the Vial Smash, but instead just information on Barbarian Guards. Thanks! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 86ed (talk) on 16:42, 27 January 2019 (UTC).
Spell Table Costs[edit source]
In the "Spell cost table", Tome of Fire = Fire Rune
In combat spells (e.g. Fire Wave) the spell cost table doesn't reflect the price per charge of fire tome (212.9) but instead implies it's free fire runes forever
Formatting error[edit source]
In the Pay-to-play Runecrafting training guide there is a small formatting error in the Abyss Runecrafting section where the text Players worried about defence can use the listed gear: is 'floating' in the middle of the page instead of just above the equipment table it's referring to. I am unable to change this, as nothing happens upon saving the edit. Hopefully someone can fix this. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Krokuspokus (talk) on 19:29, 25 February 2019 (UTC).
Slayer monster category[edit source]
There is something wrong with the Slayer monster category / Category:Slayer monsters, it appears that every single attackable monster is listed there even though many of them cannot be assigned as slayer monster i.e. Fire Wizard, Hazeel Cultist, Gadderanks and many many others. I assume it's because they all got the slaylvl and slayxp variables, but can it be so they won't be categorized as slayer monsters when they aren't? 184.108.40.206 19:27, 2 May 2019 (UTC)
Spinning plates error[edit source]
I just noticed that in the article about spinning plates it states that "Usually, the plate will fall and the player will do the cry emote. Occasionally, the plate will continue to spin, and the player will make the cheer emote". I however noticed that the plate never fell with me (I bought a spinning plate and spun it in my poh at least 5 times without it falling). not the most important info, but I tought I'd tell you guys. - —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 19:33, 28 June 2019.
- Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I've fixed the error in question. If you see any more errors, feel free to correct them. -- 00:59, 12 July 2019 (UTC)