Welcome to the Old School RuneScape Wiki User Help page. This page is here to offer a central location for those who are participating with the development of this wiki to make general requests for help. For admin help, click here.
Note for requesters - Once a solution has been presented and implemented, please add a comment signifying completion, if the request hasn't already been archived. This is to help other users know when to archive completed requests.
What this page is for[edit source]
- Coding help. Requesting help with writing templates, making a nice user page, or any questions on writing wiki-code can be asked here and users will help to the best of their ability.
- Requests for non-administrative actions. If help is required with an action (such as moving a page), asking users here for help with that action is acceptable.
- Questions on how the wiki works. All the policies and processes in use on the Old School RuneScape Wiki may seem a little overwhelming at first. If you need help in understanding any of the policies, or more in depth instructions on a process, asking here is a good start.
- Other questions to the users of the wiki. - While the Watercooler is often a better place, a simple question may be asked here for a quick response.
- An all-in-one place to put things. Many of the Wiki's procedures are lesser-known, so putting a note here is a good way to do something if the correct procedure is not known.
What this page is not for[edit source]
- Requests for actions involving administrator tools. Please use Admin requests for such requests.
- Larger discussion with other users on policies or other wide-ranging actions. The Watercooler is a more suitable location to discuss larger changes to the Wiki's policies, procedures and high-use templates.
- General chat (about Old School RuneScape or not). General chat about Old School RuneScape (or an off-topic subject) should be taken to individual user talk pages, or article talk pages when applicable.
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Requests
- 2.1 Need help with wiki page edit
- 2.2 Herblore training & broken formatting
- 2.3 "Prevent Removal of Floor Template"
- 2.4 Untitled
- 2.5 Non-GE Items
- 2.6 Just a Random Question
- 2.7 Getting Help
- 2.8 Requesting a helper to look at discussion page.
- 2.9 Chart Moving Averages
- 2.10 Vial Smash page redirects to Barbarian Guard
- 2.11 Spell Table Costs
- 2.12 Formatting error
Need help with wiki page edit[edit source]
I need help editing a stub page "Skeleton (Tarn's lair)" I don't know why i can't do it. The combat levels of skeletons in tarn's lair only has 40 on the page. Combat levels 59, 87, 81, 63, and 42 need to be added. Also a massive range of drops need to be added including: fishing potion (1) x 1, steel studs 5-6, steel arrow x 9, unblessed symbol x 1, cannonball 1-6, coins 1-206, iron dart x 5, bronze nails x 17, steel mace x1, steel kiteshield x1, grimy marrentill x1, iron kiteshield x1, steel full helm x1, ring of duelling (3) x1, astral rune x2, grimy cadantine x1, grimy dwarf weed x1, iron axe x1, vial of water x1, combat potion (3) x1, mithril mace x1, water rune x4, iron ore x2, iron dagger x1, candle x1, cluescroll (easy), steel dagger x1, bullseye lantern (unf) x1, steel javelin p+ x2, bronze knife p x1, unstrung symbol x1, Iron warhammer x1, bronze plateskirt x1, champion's scroll (skeleton).
Much appreciated and hope i put this in the right place.
Herblore training & broken formatting[edit source]
I was editing Herblore training guide using the visual editor, and tables/templates became broken after saving the edit. This isn't the first time this has happened, any way how to prevent this from happening again? --Kelafornia (talk) 05:20, 6 December 2018 (UTC)
- Unfortunately that's just a side effect of visual editor in a lot of cases. The only viable workaround would be to use source. Sorry this couldn't be more helpful. - 05:24, 6 December 2018 (UTC)
Any chance you plan on finishing the herblore edits? The training guide is currently less than half of what used to be listed with an entire level gap completely missing. - —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2601:482:8000:23b0:41e3:5e69:cad3:fd4b (talk) on 08:19, 11 December 2018 (UTC).
- I've contacted the user responsible for editing those guides, and I expect him to fix it. In the mean time, you can look at an old revision. - 09:36, 11 December 2018 (UTC)
Finished for now (maybe), also added some other methods like antivenoms. Pretty sure the table had all the 14x14 potions as before (except for normal restore pots which I forgot), I was planning to make a separate section for potions that are different from the typical 14x14 (like staminas and super combats), but couldn't come up with anything decent so I put them to the same table. I also decided to leave out making guam/tarromin tar because those are terrible xp/h and have been pretty expensive for a while.
There are a plethora of options for potions and some similar xp/h method can sometimes be much cheaper due to constantly changing prices. High-level players do magic pots or sara brews post-99 because those are the highest xp/h (if you don't count tick manip extended super antifires), or sometimes super combats for cheap xp. I'd assume most people who aren't going for the fastest xp/h usually choose some cheaper mid-level potion (like super energies/super restores etc), and adding level ranges for those would make the page look very cluttered and confusing. This is why I chose the table format instead of the more traditional "method x: level y to z" because it's much more concise to show the options that way.
"Prevent Removal of Floor Template"[edit source]
I'm attempting to properly alphabetize some of the cryptic clues on the Treasure Trails page, but I'm unable to do so. The abuse rule cited is "prevent removal of floor template." Please help?
I don't even understand what this means; it has been weeks since I've posted this question with no response. Hello?? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2604:2d80:8404:8333:2549:112a:217b:6628 (talk).
Hi, I'm wondering how to make it so that when you click a row in a light table a script runs? I want to change bgcolor of the next row to track steps better in quick guides. Inspired by One Small Favour..
Non-GE Items[edit source]
It seems like there are a lot of item pages that don't have any GE information, and the items are listed on the Non-GE Items page. Looking at the list of non-GE items, a large number of them are tradeable on the GE-- for example, abyssal dagger, adamant arrow, and combat potion. I checked the source of a couple of these tradeable items and they don't seem to have the [Category:Non-GE items] tag, yet they still have a link to it in the Categories section. It seems like most of the tradeable items in this category are items with multiple states-- poisoned/unpoisoned, charged/uncharged, 4-dose/3-dose, et cetera. Am I missing something, or should these pages be edited?
- The abyssal dagger page seems very problematic - no distinction between the normal and poisoned variants, no GE info, and the attack speed info seems to be wrong. I can take a look tomorrow but I think this is a bigger problem. Adragon111 (talk) 05:55, 19 October 2018 (UTC)
- Riblet and iN believe they've figured out the issue causing it and will be working on fixing it. Thanks for the report! 06:54, 19 October 2018 (UTC)
Just a Random Question[edit source]
- It looks like this was fixed. https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Runecraft?oldid=8033659 Speeddymon (talk) 21:21, 24 November 2018 (UTC)
Getting Help[edit source]
It is not clear how to get help in the game. I have been looking over wiki and forums and pages for an hour now and I am completely confused how to file a support issue. This user help seems to be about editing the wiki, not game support. The forums have some info, not on my specific issue, but there is NO create new post button, all i can do is read other posts. Someone please help me know how to get help on a quest. My quest journal is telling me what the next step is, but i have done it already and the npc is not responding in the way the walkthrough reads and i cannot continue (corsair curse) no matter which npc I talk to. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 19:23, November 25, 2018 (UTC).
- This page is indeed about wiki help. However, while I can't say I know the particular issue you have, the OSRS advice forums should have a "New thread" button when you are logged in to the site. --laagone talk 20:14, 25 November 2018 (UTC)
Requesting a helper to look at discussion page.[edit source]
It seems that someone accidentally placed a request at the discussion page of this help page.
I suggest that in the instructions it should state to put suggestions on the project page and not discussions page. I also suggest to put a heading on the discussion page stating, the discussion page is not meant for user help requests.2604:2000:1241:45AC:28A8:48DA:2E93:F237 04:36, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
Chart Moving Averages[edit source]
Hi ! I use your charts alot ! Could you please add a feature to add several Moving Averages to the same item on the graph. For example: Logs. Be able to add multiple moving averages to view all at the same time. ex: 7day avg 30 day avg and 90 day avg all in the same chart.
Vial Smash page redirects to Barbarian Guard[edit source]
Just wanted to see if this was intentional as I cannot see information regarding the Vial Smash, but instead just information on Barbarian Guards. Thanks!
Spell Table Costs[edit source]
In the "Spell cost table", Tome of Fire = Fire Rune
In combat spells (e.g. Fire Wave) the spell cost table doesn't reflect the price per charge of fire tome (212.9) but instead implies it's free fire runes forever
I don't know how to fix that but I thought it was worth mentioning so someone who knows can fix it.
Formatting error[edit source]
In the Pay-to-play Runecrafting training guide there is a small formatting error in the Abyss Runecrafting section where the text Players worried about defence can use the listed gear: is 'floating' in the middle of the page instead of just above the equipment table it's referring to. I am unable to change this, as nothing happens upon saving the edit. Hopefully someone can fix this.