Welcome to the Old School RuneScape Wiki User Help page. This page is here to offer a central location for those who are participating with the development of this wiki to make general requests for help. For admin help, click here.
Note for requesters - Once a solution has been presented and implemented, please add a comment signifying completion, if the request hasn't already been archived. This is to help other users know when to archive completed requests.
What this page is for[edit source]
- Coding help. Requesting help with writing templates, making a nice user page, or any questions on writing wiki-code can be asked here and users will help to the best of their ability.
- Requests for non-administrative actions. If help is required with an action (such as moving a page), asking users here for help with that action is acceptable.
- Questions on how the wiki works. All the policies and processes in use on the Old School RuneScape Wiki may seem a little overwhelming at first. If you need help in understanding any of the policies, or more in depth instructions on a process, asking here is a good start.
- Other questions to the users of the wiki. While the Redwood Grove is often a better place, a simple question may be asked here for a quick response.
- An all-in-one place to put things. Many of the wiki's procedures are lesser-known, so putting a note here is a good way to do something if the correct procedure is not known.
What this page is not for[edit source]
- Requests for actions involving administrator tools. Please use Admin requests for such requests.
- Larger discussion with other users on policies or other wide-ranging actions. The Redwood Grove is a more suitable location to discuss larger changes to the wiki's policies, procedures and high-use templates.
- General chat (about Old School RuneScape or not). General chat about Old School RuneScape (or an off-topic subject) should be taken to individual user talk pages, or article talk pages when applicable.
|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 |
Music player change and downloading the music[edit source]
Recently, the music player for all pages on this and the Runescape Wiki were changed to a different style. The old style had a download option for both the original .ogg files as well as .mp3. The new one only downloads the .ogg file. Is it possible to still download the .mp3 files? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Awesomeseal (talk) on 18:38, 8 January 2023 (UTC).
- After a bit of browsing I managed to find this: on December 28 the page MediaWiki:Common.less/listen.less (which I believe is responsible for the audio player) was changed to remove the Kaltura Player toolkit and replace it with the browser's default audio player. I think you can still download the mp3 files, however you're going to have to go directly to the file you want to download in question (eg. if you wanted to download an mp3 of Harmony you have to go to the page File:Harmony.ogg, scroll down, and download the transcoded mp3 version under "Transcode status"). YoshiFan12 (talk) 18:53, 8 January 2023 (UTC)
- @Awesomeseal: Hello! The audio player across all of our wikis was changed recently to browser defaults, because of multiple pain points with the old (custom) player UI. As YoshiFan12 says, you can download the transcoded MP3 version of the audio files directly on the file pages. You can find the name of the files by looking at the source of the page. jayden 19:24, 8 January 2023 (UTC)
GE limit bug on some pages.[edit source]
I found there are 116 items that are tradable on the GE with no known limits listed on their pages. While I don't know if this is just info missing from the wiki or if there are, in fact, no limits on some of these items. I did find 8 items in particular where the GE limit section was missing entirely. With one expection, they're all items that can be charged/uncharged which changes if it's tradable. I think there's a bug on the wiki that cause the GE limit section to be hidden on these kinds of pages. Here's the list:
- Ring of endurance
- Tome of water
- Bow of faerdhinen
- Ring of the elements
- Pharaoh's sceptre
- Tumeken's shadow
- Venator bow
- Ensouled hellhound head
- The list of buy limits were acquired from a jmod years ago; a good chunk new items that came after that are not known, which happens to be the items you listed. -- SpineTalk 05:28, 24 January 2023 (UTC)
Venanatis drops[edit source]
Just received a 76 onyx bolt tips drop wiki says max is 60
Collect data on farming contract assignment rarity[edit source]
I noticed from 2000 hard farming contracts that not all contracts are equally weighted. Some are more common that others. For example: you'd expect white lillys to be 1/18 (everything weighted equally), but in reality they are closer to 1/30. If we can get statistics on the true rarity of farm contracts we can solve what is optimal to have planted at all times.
- Based on https://chisel.weirdgloop.org/dialogue/npcs/Guildmaster_Jane I am pretty sure all farming contracts are equally likely, subject to the level requirements for receiving them. ʞooɔ 21:26, 30 January 2023 (UTC)
the feud[edit source]
while doing the quest when obtaining beard and hat (disquise) my Graceful hood turned to raw chicken??? what the hell?
first, sign your messages with "~~~~". second, can you describe your inventory, skills and worn items? Singestheos (talk) 23:07, 3 February 2023 (UTC)
Optimal Quest Guide not Reflecting Completed Quests[edit source]
For some reason the optimal quest guide is not reflecting my completed quest properly for tracking purposes and while looking at quest guides my skills are not properly reflecting their levels in the guide showing me whether or not I meet reqs.
- Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the wikisync runelite plugin? or restart your RL client Fjaratalk 15:29, 9 February 2023 (UTC)
Relic unlock icon gif[edit source]
I believe the icon for the Relic Unlock emote on the emotes article should probably be a gif that alternates between the three possible icons that this emote has (as seen on the article for the actual emote), like how the icons for things like stoles alternates between all the variants in gear setups. It currently just shows the Trailblazer icon, which is neither the first, nor the only icon. I'd do it myself but I'm unsure of how something like this is done.
Also, the duration of the emote (listed on Relic Unlock, currently says it's 3.5 seconds, but there are 7 different emotes that all come under the umbrella of the 'relic unlock' emote because of how it works with various stored outfits and right click options, and they aren't all 3.5 seconds long. I'm not sure what the best way to approach sorting that out would be.
Is it possible to reenable the trailblazer league wiki plugin somehow?[edit source]
So during trailblazer league there was a very useful plugin on the wiki that showed what region unlocks you needed to access certain quests/items/etc. I'm working on a snowflake account in a similar vein to trailblazer league and wanted to go back to check on some things that are a bit ambiguous, to see where they belonged during the trailblazer league. Is there some way to reenable this plugin or to see an archived version of the site where this was available? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Tpoyo (talk) on 18:44, 17 February 2023 (UTC).
- Hey! Unfortunately I think the answer here is probably no - the plugin was not just some JS you can enable, but also some pretty major changes to the core drop templates and the data that flowed between them, most of which haven't been fully set up on the wiki for the last two years. You could try seeing if the Wayback Machine (web.archive.org) contains the versions you care about, but I would be surprised if that fully worked. GL with the snowflake - sorry we couldn't just flip a switch for you. ʞooɔ 18:50, 17 February 2023 (UTC)
Same template infobox as RS3Wiki[edit source]
I'm not good at the coding for templates but is it possible that we make template that's the same as the RS3 wiki? With how many altars, banks and shops that are in a city etc.? Is it hard to make? Or is it even possible? Is it possible to look at it? And if the wiki team doensn't like the idea I'm totally fine with it. Just saw it on the RS3 wiki and thought it was a nice feature. https://runescape.wiki/w/Template:Infobox Location
- Hey, I'm a bit confused about what you're looking for as both Template:Infobox Location and Template:Infobox Shop already exist on this wiki. Nicolb2305 (talk) 09:21, 27 February 2023 (UTC)
Permanently banned accounts[edit source]
- They are permanently banned and inaccessible. Fjaratalk 21:52, 11 March 2023 (UTC)
- Las cuentas baneadas permanentes son inaccesible - usted no puede jugar las cuentas y necesita crear un cuenta nueva con correo electrónico diferente. ¿Qué razón dio Jagex para que su cuenta fuera baneada permanente? (Mis disculpas por cualquier mala gramática; Español no es mi lenguaje primer.) Ioticonfo (talk) 03:28, 12 March 2023 (UTC)
Instructions to Whitelist Adblocker[edit source]
I use uBlock Origin and wish to ALLOW ads that are displayed on the OSRS Wiki. I tried to Whitelist the site but that does not seem to have worked. If there was instructions or a domain list that I could refer to, that would be great. I really want to support the site! jason2010 2001:8004:5100:2D3B:E983:F302:8457:A80B 21:40, 17 March 2023 (UTC)
- If you are using only uBlock Origin, all that should be required to whitelist ads (assuming that you are not logged in) is to disable blocking for this site, either by adding
oldschool.runescape.wikito the "Trusted sites" section in the extension settings, or else simply clicking "Disable for this site" — as you have presumably done. If you are using Firefox, you may also need to disable "Enhanced Tracking Protection" (Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Manage Exceptions). If you are still not seeing ads, it may be the case that you have other privacy extensions enabled such as Privacy Badger. Ensure all similar extensions are disabled and thereafter you should start seeing ads. If you are logged in then you must also set the cookie
document.cookie = "wglAds=test". To confirm the cookie is set, you can type
document.cookieto list all cookies for the current site. Look for the one you just set.
- If after all of this you still cannot see ads, please follow up. Owl (t | c) • 22:21, 17 March 2023 (UTC)
Clickable/Highlightable tables[edit source]
Hi there! There are some lines in tables that are not able to be clicked/highlighted. Exemple : https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Optimal_quest_guide/Ironman In that table, the achievements are not clickable (all the medium ones). Is there a way to fix this? Thank you —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Facelaite333 (talk) on 18:02, May 8, 2023 (UTC).
What is this area?[edit source]
- One of the unreleased Last Man Standing maps, I'm quite sure. 22.214.171.124 12:54, 30 August 2023 (UTC)
% of completed Combat Achievments[edit source]
With the introduction of point based combat achievments a lot of player aimed for higher tier Combat Achievments completion.
Request: Add the percentage in the Wiki page about how many % of the playerbase had completed certain CAs. Very similar to what was done for leagues: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Shattered_Relics_League/Tasks I assume that the infrastructure is already available and the information just somehow need to be grabbed from the clients in the same way as it was done for leagues. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2003:c9:572e:5619:c4cc:f4bc:a5d1:552c (talk) on 20:02, May 8, 2023 (UTC).
- Cook Me Plox left a comment on a Reddit thread regarding this — TL;DR: it's possible, but a) CA task completions can't be tracked the same way Leagues are due to there being no universal "benchmark" achievement like what Leagues has, and b) it wouldn't be retroactive, meaning there would be a lot of missing data. Cook proposed using WikiSync data, but not everyone uses that (again, meaning there would be a lot of missing data). Personally, I would like to see WikiSync support added for CAs, assuming there's a label saying "hey this is only from WikiSync, use it if you want to see yourself represented here". YoshiFan12 (talk) 23:55, 8 May 2023 (UTC)
Osrs stashe total costs[edit source]
I was just scrolling through checking on what I needed for an elite stash for treasure trails, when I noticed it says total costs at the end on the right, and they are off. For example elite stashes, they're 17 total stashes. It takes 34 mahogany planks at 2k a piece and 170 nails at under 5gp each. The total cost is barely over 64k. The osrs wiki says it takes 1.3m gp.. just wanted to through that out there! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2600:100f:b08c:f941:259e:df0e:3ffe:d95f (talk) on 21:41, 6 June 2023 (UTC).
- The total includes the cost of the items used to fill the stashes Fjaratalk 21:45, 6 June 2023 (UTC)
Bug when searching for "Pyke"[edit source]
When searching for Pyke - the fish - clicking the search bar option redirects to "Pyre" instead. Sorry if this is not the place to report bugs, I'm new to the wiki. GwenTheKween (talk) 07:52, 10 June 2023 (UTC)
- Thanks for the report, the redirect for pyke now points to pike. Riblet15 (talk) 07:57, 10 June 2023 (UTC)
Most Expensive[edit source]
- The highest value items are the crystal crowns, which are sold for 250m. You can't actually alch those though, the value is just used for the shop price. As for stuff you can alch, I think the highest value is the ancient relic with a value of 16m which alchs for 9.6m. BigDiesel2m (talk) 03:05, 14 June 2023 (UTC)
Kingdom divided[edit source]
Cannot start the fist boss fight. Maybe because i dropped the delivery receipt when searching the house How can i restart the quest ? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2a02:a03f:8977:8800:2d89:fbb9:fb84:5bea (talk) on 18:45, 25 June 2023 (UTC).
- I would look at what your quest journal says and see if you missed a step. Duralith (talk) 19:17, 25 June 2023 (UTC)
Table autosort[edit source]
How do I set a wiki table to be autosorted based on a specific column? I'd like it to be autosorted in alphabetical order based on the first column so I don't have to manually edit it into order. An example of the table in question is at the very bottom of my userpage - I'm working on overhauling the Unlockable content page. Vroomstick (talk) 09:45, 30 June 2023 (UTC)
Used in recommended equipment.[edit source]
- It's used in two of the setups in the "Specific Methods" section. Duralith (talk) 22:16, 15 July 2023 (UTC)
Crystal Bow needs updating[edit source]
Why i can't log in osrs though Rune Lite in steam?[edit source]
I'm a newcomer and I don't understand how to run osrs throgh Rune Lite in steam properley. They tell me that I should run osrs through Jagex Launcher. Then I downloaded Jogex and run osrs that works, but I would like to see hourses counter in steam.