Sacred eels are members-only fish that can be caught at Zul-Andra with a fishing rod and fishing bait, requiring at least level 87 Fishing and granting 105 Fishing experience per eel caught. The village may only be accessed once players reach the Tyras Camp during Regicide. Players must also speak to High Priestess Zul-Harcinqa before attempting to catch the eels, or they will be stopped by one of the people there.
With a minimum Cooking level of 72, the fish can be dissected with a knife to extract Zulrah's scales. Dissecting the fish gives 3–9 scales and 109–127 Cooking experience (100 base XP plus 3 for each scale obtained). A player's Cooking level affects how many scales are received when they are dissected. The minimum, maximum, and average scales per level can be obtained from the table below. Furthermore, the sacred eels provide a relatively high chance (around 1/500, depending on your Fishing level) of obtaining Clue bottles.
With 90 Fishing and Cooking, you can expect to gain about 21,300 Fishing experience, 23,800 Cooking experience, and about 1,200 Zulrah's scales per hour.
With 97 Fishing and 99 Cooking, you can expect to gain about 23,500 Fishing experience, 26,400 Cooking experience, and about 1,500 scales per hour (about 200–225 eels).
Rada's Blessings can help increase the amount of eels fished per hour. (Obtained by completing the Kourend & Kebos Diary)
||Gp / Eel Avg
||3 - 5
||4 - 6
||5 - 7
||6 - 8
||7 - 9
The maximum amount of scales acquired from every dissected sacred eel increases in 8-level intervals, capping at a boosted level of 104 (9 scales).
On death, each sacred eel's worth counts as 16 coins.
Dissecting a sacred eel is a possible challenge given by Sherlock on a master level Treasure Trail.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
|23 July 2020
Players can now keep running while slicing sacred eels.
- According to High Priestess Zul-Harcinqa, people who eat the sacred eels will become one with the Zul-Andra tribe, and causes their original families and tribes to shun them as unclean creatures, forcing them to remain in Zul-Andra and worship Zulrah, whom the tribe sees as their god.
- When attempting to eat a sacred eel, the player will see a message: "You've seen what these eels did to the Zul-Andra tribe. Eating one yourself seems remarkably unwise."
- Sacred eels have been reported to be nibbling on Zulrah, explaining why they give Zulrah's scales upon dissecting.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 9 May 2018. (Archived from the original on 30 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "The max is actually at level 104, if someone were to boost for that. But 96-103, 88-95, 80-87 are the bands, etc."
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 19 November 2015. (Archived from the original on 15 August 2019.) Mod Ash: "[I remember (I think) you talking about the eels nibbling on Zulrah...] Yes, I did talk about that."