Sarachnis, the mother of the temple spiders, is a mid-level boss found in the Forthos Dungeon, in a former burial tomb south of the Spider Den. She can be killed as part of a spider slayer assignment.
Players will need a slash weapon or a knife to access the part of the dungeon where Sarachnis is located; run into the south side of the cave to find her lair.
Sarachnis attacks with melee when players are adjacent to her, and Ranged when they are out of melee range; it is advised to pray Protect from Melee or Protect from Missiles accordingly.
A player fights Sarachnis, the mother of the temple spiders.
Sarachnis has several attacks that she will occasionally use other than the standard melee and ranged attacks:
- Healing strike - Sarachnis' standard attacks will heal her on successful hits, indicated by a magenta hitsplat. ()
- Sticky web - Every four standard attacks, Sarachnis will screech out "Hsss!", shooting out a sticky web that leaves players bound for roughly three seconds.
- Spawns - When Sarachnis reaches 66% or 33% health, she summons 2 Spawn of Sarachnis, one which uses Melee, and one which uses Magic.
She is weak to crush weapons, and has high magic and ranged defence. Therefore, it is recommended to bring high strength bonus equipment and a crush weapon like the elder maul, abyssal bludgeon, or sarachnis cudgel, paired with a defence-reducing special attack such as the dragon warhammer or Bandos godsword. Dragon claws or a crystal halberd are recommended here for their special attacks if the previously mentioned weapons are not available. A budget option, especially for mid-level players, is the leaf-bladed battleaxe due to its exceptional crush bonus, as well as a high strength bonus and being able to cut through the web just before her lair.
Leaving the lair will result in Sarachnis recovering all her health.
Upon Sarachnis' death, all her spawns will die as well. Sarachnis will then respawn in 30 seconds.
|Rune med helm||1||Uncommon||11,153||11,520|
|Rune 2h sword||1||Rare||37,932||38,400|
|Dragon med helm||1||2/384||59,113||60,000|
|Papaya tree seed||2–3||Uncommon||5,038-7,557||138-207|
|Poison ivy seed||3||Rare||60||297|
|Potato cactus seed||3||Rare||45||252|
|Snape grass seed||3||Very rare||6,771||168|
|Dwarf weed seed||3||Very rare||1,971||9|
|Torstol seed||3||Very rare||179,571||126|
|Grimy harralander||10 (noted)||Uncommon||7,380||90|
|Grimy ranarr weed||5–10 (noted)||Uncommon||38,770-77,540||90-180|
|Grimy avantoe||5–10 (noted)||Uncommon||10,330-20,660||50-100|
|Grimy kwuarm||13–14 (noted)||Uncommon||15,522-16,716||156-168|
|Grimy snapdragon||7–10 (noted)||Uncommon||62,839-89,770||84-120|
|Grimy cadantine||10–15 (noted)||Uncommon||15,830-23,745||130-195|
|Grimy lantadyme||12–13 (noted)||Rare||18,816-20,384||156-169|
|Grimy dwarf weed||11–14 (noted)||Rare||5,874-7,476||154-196|
|Grimy torstol||5–10 (noted)||Rare||36,870-73,740||75-150|
|Mithril ore||61–90 (noted)||Common||8,662-12,780||5,917-8,730|
|Red dragonhide||15–25 (noted)||Common||36,450-60,750||1,305-2,175|
|Uncut sapphire||20–28 (noted)||Common||10,600-14,840||300-420|
|Adamantite ore||31–40 (noted)||Uncommon||37,975-49,000||7,440-9,600|
|Uncut emerald||20–30 (noted)||Uncommon||13,820-20,730||600-900|
|Uncut ruby||20–30 (noted)||Uncommon||27,620-41,430||1,200-1,800|
|Runite ore||4–6 (noted)||Rare||45,664-68,496||7,680-11,520|
|Uncut diamond||23–30 (noted)||Rare||66,102-86,220||2,760-3,600|
|Onyx bolt tips||8–10||Rare||65,088-81,360||4,800-6,000|
|Dragon bones||10–15 (noted)||Common||22,340-33,510||960-1,440|
|Weapon poison(++)||4–6 (noted)||Rare||18,164-27,246||1,036-1,554|
|Spider carcass||10 (noted)||Rare||1,500||90|
This monster rolls the gem drop table.
|Uncut sapphire||1||Rare[d 1]||530||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||Rare[d 1]||691||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||Very rare[d 1]||1,381||60|
|Unknown talisman||1||Very rare[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
|Uncut diamond||1||Very rare[d 1]||2,874||120|
|Loop half of key||1||Very rare[d 1]||10,520||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||Very rare[d 1]||10,236||60|
|Rune javelin||5||Very rare[d 1]||835||1,200|
|Rune spear||1||Very rare[d 1][d 2]||11,948||12,480|
|Shield left half||1||Very rare[d 1][d 2]||65,446||66,000|
|Dragon spear||1||Very rare[d 1][d 2]||37,413||37,440|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The drop rate to receive any page is 1/5. When rolled, the player will receive the page they have the fewest of.
- ↑ Brimstone keys are only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Konar quo Maten.
|1 August 2019
|Players can no longer avoid Sarachnis' web attack via the use of various items.
- Upon examining the egg sacs in Sarachnis' lair, the chatbox will state "It's making sounds inside. It's going to hatch soon!" This is the verbatim message that is given upon checking the status of a Pokémon egg that will hatch soon in Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal.
- Sarachnis was originally going to be an instanced solo boss, but was reworked into a non-instanced boss in a multicombat area after player complaints about the abundance of bosses being fought in instances already.