Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Sarachnis has several attacks that she will occasionally use other than the standard melee and ranged attacks. Her melee attacks consist of smashing the player with her legs, while she launches barbed projectiles as her ranged attack.
- Healing strike - Sarachnis' standard attacks will heal her on successful hits, indicated by a magenta hitsplat. (). She heals 5 health for every successful melee attack, and 10 health for every successful ranged attack, regardless of how much damage she actually deals, including zeros.
- Sticky web - Every four standard attacks, Sarachnis will screech out "Hsss!", shooting out a sticky web that leaves players bound for roughly three seconds, before moving a short distance away from where she was before attacking the player.
- Spawns - When Sarachnis reaches 66% or 33% health, she summons 2 Spawn of Sarachnis per player; a level 68 that uses Magic and has a maximum hit of 11, and a level 107 that uses Melee and has a maximum hit of 13. Both have 30 health.
Suggested skills[edit | edit source]
- 65+ (required to equip weapons like Sarachnis cudgel, leaf-bladed battleaxe)
- 65+ (to be able to tank some damage from minions)
- 60+ (for magic defence against mage minion)
- 70+ (for magic defence armour)
- 43+ (for protection prayers, 70 recommended for Piety)
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Sarachnis attacks with melee when players are adjacent to her, and Ranged when they are out of melee range; it is advised to pray Protect from Melee or Protect from Missiles accordingly, as they can hit up to 31 if they aren't protected against, and also heal her if they do manage to hit. Her melee range is deceptively large, so only enter her range when you are prepared to take a melee hit. It is encouraged to utilize Protect from Melee and Protect from Range at all times as her attacks are very accurate.
She is weak to crush weapons, and has high magic and ranged defence. Therefore, it is recommended to bring high strength bonus equipment and a crush weapon that can attack fast (such as an abyssal bludgeon.)
The fight is fairly simple; keep focusing on Sarachnis, and when the minions spawn, kill the mage spawn. The melee spawns may be tanked with sufficiently high defensive bonuses, although they do possess a fairly low aggression range and it's possible to shake them off if they spawn in the corners.
Try to only eat food while bound by the sticky web so you don't waste time doing it when you could be dealing damage instead.
When Sarachnis is killed, any remaining minions will automatically die off with her. She respawns 10 seconds after death, in the centre of the crypt.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Sarachnis is weak to crush and has high magic and ranged defence, therefore melee is the only viable method of killing her. All weapons (except the Scythe of vitur) should be on their crush setting (if available). She only attacks with melee if in range, or ranged if out of melee range. If you are hit off-prayer she will heal 5 for a melee attack, and 10 for a ranged hit, regardless of damage done (does not occur if hit with the "Hiss" ranged attack). Her mage spawn (the blue one) will inflict the most damage, so magic defence is a high priority. After being bound by the "Hiss" attack, Sarachnis will always fire a ranged attack. You should swap to Protect from Range for this then return to Protect from Melee when back in melee range. If you have mid-level melee stats (<90) and are not prayer flicking, it is recommended to kill the minions as soon as they spawn, starting with the blue one, which attacks with the magic style. During this Sarachnis is usually out of melee range and therefore it's normally best to pray against ranged attacks.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
- Special attack weapon (e.g. Saradomin godsword or dragon claws)
- Mounted xeric's talisman in your POH to save inventory (Spirit tree works as a valid method of getting there as well)
- House tablets (or Construct. cape/Max cape) or Desert amulet 4
- 1-2 divine super combat potions
- Imbued heart for magic defence
- 6-9 prayer potions or super restores
- Sharks for remaining inventory space
- Any Wilderness sword to slash the webs (can be substituted for another shark if you carry a slash weapon, or take a knife)
- Only if on a slayer task. Imbued recommended for extra magic defence.