|Released||26 October 2004 (Update)|
|Examine||Follower of Saradomin.|
|Max hit||14 (Melee)|
|Attack style||Stab, Magic|
They attack with a poisoned dragon dagger, and cast Saradomin Strike when maging. Players should take caution when fighting Saradomin wizards as they will change attack styles if protection prayers are used.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
For players using Ranged or a halberd, they may be able to make use of nearby obstacles to attack the Saradomin wizard, as the wizard will exclusively use Magic if safespotted and the player can activate Protect from Magic to negate all damage.
Another method for Ranged users is to simply attack the wizard from at least two tiles away, causing him to exclusively attack with Magic, in which the player can keep Protect from Magic active and avoid all damage. As long as the player stays out of melee distance, he will not approach the player to attack with melee.
Melee users should either wear armour resistant to melee and activate Protect from Magic OR wear armour resistant to Magic and activate Protect from Melee. Players who have a low Magic level should use the former method as a player's Magic level heavily influences their resistance to Magic attacks.
If Protect from Melee is not being used, a form of antipoison is recommended as the player will almost always become poisoned.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Drop rates estimated based on 589,317 kills from the Drop Rate Project, unless otherwise cited.
100%[edit | edit source]
Weapons and armour[edit | edit source]
Runes[edit | edit source]
Coins[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|10 September 2015
|5 December 2006
The NPC was renamed from "Saradomin Wizard" to "Saradomin wizard".
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The spell Monster Examine claims Saradomin wizards can be poisoned, though this is actually not the case.
- Interestingly, the Saradomin wizard can cast Saradomin Strike while wielding a dragon dagger, even though players can only cast the spell while wielding a Saradomin staff. This trait is also shared by Saradomin priests.
- Surprisingly, there is a rare effect that enables the wizard to sometimes inflict poison when using Saradomin Strike, even if he does not use melee at all throughout the fight. This is actually caused by the mechanic that the wizard uses to poison the player. If the wizard is in melee range and the player is not using Protect from Melee, the wizard has about a 95% chance of causing poison for each game tick that passes. The first game tick could fail, for example, but the poison might be inflicted on the second or third tick. Activating Protect from Melee prevents this from happening by causing the wizard to use Magic instead.
- It's possible to imitate a Saradomin wizard by wearing desert shirt and robe, yellow cape, dragon dagger (p++) and leather boots while having the default avatar head characteristics.
- If the player manages to hide from a Saradomin wizard and digs again in the correct coordinate spot, another wizard will appear.